thekevster's DC22 6.5 ROMs 23563

Guest thekevster

Guest guy_incognito262
Dude, this rom rocks so far! only problem is camera button link is broken, other than that its great, thanks!

Camera button link can be fixed. Go to settings and find the button assignment, then simply change from the camera link to anything else, then revert back to camera.

Guest thekevster
Did you update all three versions? I flashed titanium but didn't see office. I'll keep looking.

i may have forgotten to include office in titanium again. try downloading from marketplace and see if it will let you. be sure to install the one thats free and not the $29.99 one though.

Guest thekevster
Is the radio working now? In teh ROM before it would load but no audio...

i didnt cook the radio in so i havent tested it yet. i'll try to test a cab today if i can.

Guest ebidar
i may have forgotten to include office in titanium again. try downloading from marketplace and see if it will let you. be sure to install the one thats free and not the $29.99 one though.

So going directly to Marketplace doesn't work. What did work was looking for an older version of office and installing that then going to marketplace and getting it updated. And that worked.

Another question. My screen is a bit off on the touch so I went to align screen to align it and i'm getting that famous looping of the align screen, where you set it but it just goes over and over to calibrate, basically have to power down and power back up as it gets stuck on the loop forever. I know I've heard of this glitch before, is there a fix?

Guest thekevster
So going directly to Marketplace doesn't work. What did work was looking for an older version of office and installing that then going to marketplace and getting it updated. And that worked.

Another question. My screen is a bit off on the touch so I went to align screen to align it and i'm getting that famous looping of the align screen, where you set it but it just goes over and over to calibrate, basically have to power down and power back up as it gets stuck on the loop forever. I know I've heard of this glitch before, is there a fix?

try using the stylus to align it and if that doesnt work then the problem is most likely that your touch digitizer is going out. the only way to fix that is to buy a new touch panel and replace it yourself or to take your omnia to verizon or samsung and let them deal fix it. samsung will most likely just replace the touchscreen, but verizon will probably just send you a different omnia. i had that problem with my first omnia so i flashed back to stock CF03 and took it to the verizon store and showed them the infinite loop and they sent me a refurb replacement for free since it was still under warranty.

Edited by thekevster

Guest CleaverX
Ok, I am not that good at explaining but here goes lol.

Thanks for the explanation, the fix worked perfect, still that was only for the large Internet browser, what I need to do now is get the two smaller buttons to work, the ones marked 'Browser' and 'All Bookmarks'. Any takers?

Thanks in advance.

The Cleaver

Guest robertjm

Well browser is working fine for me. When I push it, it launches Opera 10 (my browser of choice set as default). However, the All Bookmarks button opens Opera 10, but tells me the page file://localhost/Bookmarks is currently unavailable and in searching the Internet there doesn't seem to be a fix for that. I created a Bookmarks folder in the \ root level and now the error doesn't come up. But, of course, it's just empty. :-(

Robert

Thanks for the explanation, the fix worked perfect, still that was only for the large Internet browser, what I need to do now is get the two smaller buttons to work, the ones marked 'Browser' and 'All Bookmarks'. Any takers?

Thanks in advance.

The Cleaver

Guest ebidar
try using the stylus to align it and if that doesnt work then the problem is most likely that your touch digitizer is going out. the only way to fix that is to buy a new touch panel and replace it yourself or to take your omnia to verizon or samsung and let them deal fix it. samsung will most likely just replace the touchscreen, but verizon will probably just send you a different omnia. i had that problem with my first omnia so i flashed back to stock CF03 and took it to the verizon store and showed them the infinite loop and they sent me a refurb replacement for free since it was still under warranty.

Well I was hoping you wouldn't say that lol. But I had a guess. It's not that bad, atm. But lets see what happens. As per warranty I would be screwed as I think I know why its going out lol. A month ago I dropped my phone in a glass of water. I was able to save it and until this I thought I had saved it but I am thinking this is stemming from that. I do have insurance that covers water damage so might damage it more lol if it gets real bad. Right now its manageable. Thanks BTW the rom is running nice, I got titanium so I could run SPB with MSKIPS windows 7 theme, running pretty good too. Thanks for the help.

Guest 6738mike

I haven't tried your latest, but Has anyone been able to utilize Agps? This is not just your ROM either. I haven't been able to get it to work since that DC firmware upgrade. Thanks.

Guest guy_incognito262

I was trying to use the FM radio, and it would sort of freak and randomly start trying to dial the last number I had called. Luckily my phone was off, so the call didn't go through. Anyone else have an issue like this?

There did seem to be some static when plugging in the headphone jack and moving it around, and it seemed to be at least partially coincidentally associated with the "autocall feature".

Guest ebidar
I haven't tried your latest, but Has anyone been able to utilize Agps? This is not just your ROM either. I haven't been able to get it to work since that DC firmware upgrade. Thanks.

I am assuming that Agps means you wanna use gps with Google maps or Bing or other gps software. If yes, well it has been working for me while having DC22 installed. Question 1 Do you have Location On? Question 2 Do you have a gps turn on software like BAF toggle or GPS keep Alive? Question 3 Do you have a small app called GPS Lock Fix? All these are somewhere in these forums, Just search and get these. If they don't help, then maybe your Gps chip might not be working. Again I have Dc22 plus this Rom and I have GPS working fine on Google Maps, Bing, and GPS weather. Hopefully something works for you. :rolleyes:

Guest xcapone

Did you turn location "on." under settings>personal>phone>services>gps?

After you are sure that is toggled, flip on google maps and go to menu>settings toggle use GPS. Now for your first lock, you're going to have to stick your outside in clear sight of the sky. This could take a half hour, but probably not.

If it still doesn't work, you might just have yourself a faulty GPS chip.

Guest xcapone

I too am having calibrating issues, caused by my digitizer. I ordered a samsung i900 digitizer from ebay with a screw driver kit, opener, and bonus screen protector for $6.97 or something AU with free shipping. :D Came out to $5.37 or something US.

All the boy's on other omnia based websites say the i900 screen works fine with i910, I also believe i found some confirmation on the i900 forums here.

Main difference I guess is the front facing camera slot.

I went with i900 because I thought I read someone stating they recently did an over haul on their digitizers', plus I don't like the verizon logo. :rolleyes:

I also hear once you replace, they never quite last as long again, but what can you do for 5 bucks? haha.

Temporarily, to keep me from insanity, I was able to somewhat calibrate it. I thought it was stuck in loop, but I found the worst spot on the screen (determined because I had to press hardest on the calibration point for this spot.) and just held my finger (always calibrate with my fingers, since I never use my stylus.) lightly over the bad spot till it registered. A couple of round abouts with that, and hopefully yours will to half-way calibrate.

Will update on functionality of said digitizer once it arrives in the mail, though not expecting any fast delivery what with free shipping from Aussie and all.

Ohh! and thanks kev, new updates spiffy.

Edited by xcapone

Guest gorf1000
new version in first post. new bottom task bar, office 2010 fixed, various reg tweaks. sorry its been a while since my last update. been helpin my parents move for the past 5 days straight and havent had any time whatsoever to cook or test.

Awesome! I'm going to flash in the morning, I was getting ancy since I haven't flashed in weeks :rolleyes:

Guest Jason Grieves
i didnt cook the radio in so i havent tested it yet. i'll try to test a cab today if i can.

fmradio is there, but it doesn't work. I tried your latest and its still a no go. Definitely love the rom, but I miss my FM :rolleyes: Thanks for looking into it!

Guest 6738mike
Did you turn location "on." under settings>personal>phone>services>gps?

After you are sure that is toggled, flip on google maps and go to menu>settings toggle use GPS. Now for your first lock, you're going to have to stick your outside in clear sight of the sky. This could take a half hour, but probably not.

If it still doesn't work, you might just have yourself a faulty GPS chip.

It has always worked since people first started flashing these. Only since the Recent update have i noticed that it doesn't work. Yes the location is on. Yes I use the GPS Fix location app. Anyone know what the registry should look like? Thanks for the response's so far.

Guest xcapone
It has always worked since people first started flashing these. Only since the Recent update have i noticed that it doesn't work. Yes the location is on. Yes I use the GPS Fix location app. Anyone know what the registry should look like? Thanks for the response's so far.

Works perfect for me.

Edited by xcapone

Guest bearhntr

Currently downloading the DC22 update for the i910 Omnia...I have a question about this ROM.

I noticed that the wallpaper (background for the M2D theme) has changed. Is is possible to use the same wallpaper (if I can find it) from thekevster's CF03 ROM without breaking the cool weather backgrounds which change with the weather forecast on the clock?

The multicolored bubbles just do not appeal to me.

Thanks,

*BH*

Guest robertjm

Yes. You would change it using M2DC

Click the STAR on the taskbar and then the M2DC tab on the bottom.

Scroll to the far right where you will find the Background tab. Navigate the box to where your .png is stored and then click on the Apply tab.

Not sure if you have to soft reset the phone, or not, as I've never changed my background myself.

Robert

Currently downloading the DC22 update for the i910 Omnia...I have a question about this ROM.

I noticed that the wallpaper (background for the M2D theme) has changed. Is is possible to use the same wallpaper (if I can find it) from thekevster's CF03 ROM without breaking the cool weather backgrounds which change with the weather forecast on the clock?

The multicolored bubbles just do not appeal to me.

Thanks,

*BH*