thekevster's DC22 6.5 ROMs 23563

Guest thekevster

Guest thekevster

i910 ONLY! Flash at your own risk!

install dc22 firmware before flashing any of these ROMs

huge thanks to waremike32, Ock, Nilse, PallMall, Whiteblazer, toberino, lioryte, Rob Storm, bgill55/bga7x/Evidence, shokka9, dmcnado, laurie, pepperonikiller and anyone else i may be forgetting.

on first boot, tap the top left corner of the screen on the orange windows screen to get past it.

known bugs:

data connection needs to be configured manually for some applications. to do this go to start-> settings -> connections -> connections and click "add new modem connection". Connect using cellular line, set to dial #777, user name should be [email protected], password should be vzw, and domain should be blank. of course you replace your10digitnumber with your actual phone number with area code.

there is a blank folder named titanium. you can delete this folder from the start menu by going to file explorer or total commander and going to windows folder then go to start menu, then programs, and delete the titanium folder from within that folder.

Added:

Black Skin HTC Calculator

Black Skin Samsung keyboard

Black Skin FM Radio

XDA_UC

M2D (TouchFlo)

my Operator Action Screen edited by ock

Google Maps 4.1.0

HTC Album

HTC Audio Manager

MortScript

M2DC (M2D Customizer)

Chome Editor

Marketplace

Opera Mobile 10 Final

Office Mobile 2010

IMSelector

Microsoft Myphone

Showcase

TellMe

FlashLite 3.1

MSN Weather

PhatFingers Dialer Dusk by waremike32

Removed:

all verizon stuff

most samsung stuff except keyboard and fm radio

Screenshots:

98209752548281424268.png95975903673058978783.png32360739281779544283.png85209683695001370730.png54596465377929548739.png22562249880912585594.png07782881318851978330.png07562905725015441007.png92384579280063327780.png

Download:

M2D Only:

http://www.4shared.com/file/ncR3tu3a/FLASH_DC22_M2Dv2.html

Titanium Only:

http://www.4shared.com/file/Zg8rlQGE/FLASH_titanium_new.html

Archive:

http://www.4shared.com/file/QpqUa8e8/FLASH...Titaniumv2.html

Flotanium:

http://www.4shared.com/file/ZIHQI0we/FLASH_flotan_new.html

Archive:

http://www.4shared.com/file/srfG3BX5/FLASH...lotaniumv2.html

Edited by thekevster

Guest iandy1
Oh boy..oh boy...oh boy.......I can hardly wait!!!! Give me, give me, give me....feed my addiction!! :-)

Well man, I am in the same boat...

Looking forward to try kevster's new 23559.

Guest thekevster
need to have the jeopardy tune playing while waiting .. ... lol

;)

sorry its taking so long guys, just busy with trying to iron out problems that have popped up with the ROMs plus i have a couple of major tests coming up this week. i'm going to get flotanium up this morning and hopefully m2d only. in the process of uploading it right now, and just reflashing to take some screenshots.

i have class in about 3 1/2 hours so I'm going to get as much done as i can in 2, because i won't have any time for cooking this evening....major test at 8 tomorrow, then i'm going to austin to celebrate 4/20 ;)

also, i can't seem to get the data connection to configure itself automatically in my DC22 ROMs for some reason, so if you want to turn the data connection on via comm manager you have to manually set it up, which isnt that difficult. i'll write up a short tutorial for those that don't know how or have problems. when you update the homescreen weather in m2d though, it automatically connects itself to broadband access. not sure why it is doing this, but i will defenitely cook it into an updated version once i figure it out.

Edited by thekevster

Guest thekevster

will be later than expected before i can get them out. kinetic scrolling is being a pain to cook in for some reason. will try to work on it at least for a little while when i get back this afternoon.

Guest thekevster

looks like the build is going to be 23557 instead of 23559. i couldnt get kinetic scrolling to work in 23559 no matter what i tried, yet the exact same things made kinetic scrolling work in 23557 so i'm going back to 23557. no major noticeable differences between the two builds anyway.

also, something is conflicting with htc calculator when it is cooked in, and there is no shortcut in the start menu, so you can either find it and the windows folder and create a shortcut in the start menu or you can install the cab in the 4th post of my CF03 ROM thread.

uploading my latest DC22 Flotanium 23557 right now, then working on M2D only, then titanium only. stay tuned even though it takes like 45 minutes for my crappy internet to upload a single ROM lol

Edit: flotanium now available in first post.

Edited by thekevster

Guest thekevster

let me know if the arrows in the about screen are reversed and pointing inwards instead of outwards. i forgot that 23551-23557 had a bug where the arrows are backwards and i've already finished all the way through titanium and those were backwards. i'll post a cab that fixes the arrows here in a few minutes. posting the link for m2d only as soon as i submit this post, then starting to upload titanium.

edit: m2d posted, cab to fix arrows posted, titanium is uploading.

Edited by thekevster

Guest ebidar
all 3 versions have been added to first post. will post screenshots and added/removed when i find the time.

Yes you were right about arrows, not a big deal lol. And yes internet does have to be set manually, but again not hard at all. I've tested a lot of the features and have yet to find anything wrong or broken yet. i will keep you posted. Thanks again for this great rom. Like the new graphics on icons.

Question: You had stated that there was a way to make a shortcut for the htc calc, I can run it from the windows folder, but have no idea how to get a shortcut somewhere on the UI. Thanks for any help.

Edited by ebidar

Guest uberwagen

I just flashed to this version, data connection worked without any setup. Button mapping works this time. Excellent job as usual Kevster. Thanks for the ROM.

Guest spannville

Kev, i flashed about an hour ago and everything seems fine, just your usual good touch on it!. Cant wait for the kinetic scroll in a newer version. Thanks for your good work!

Guest thekevster
Yes you were right about arrows, not a big deal lol. And yes internet does have to be set manually, but again not hard at all. I've tested a lot of the features and have yet to find anything wrong or broken yet. i will keep you posted. Thanks again for this great rom. Like the new graphics on icons.

Question: You had stated that there was a way to make a shortcut for the htc calc, I can run it from the windows folder, but have no idea how to get a shortcut somewhere on the UI. Thanks for any help.

thanks, new icons is all credit to waremike for making his ROM opensource. i plan on putting in my own custom icons when i get a chance, just way too busy at this point.

i install file explorer extensions 2.06 and use the option "send shortcut to programs" and it sends a shortcut to the start menu.

you can find FEE 2.06 here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=421723

I just flashed to this version, data connection worked without any setup. Button mapping works this time. Excellent job as usual Kevster. Thanks for the ROM.

does the data connection on/off switch in comm manager work, or does it take you to the connections page when you try to click it? the connection connects itself automatically in most apps, but some of them require it to be setup manually.

Kev, i flashed about an hour ago and everything seems fine, just your usual good touch on it!. Cant wait for the kinetic scroll in a newer version. Thanks for your good work!

hoping it will work with 23563. not sure when i'll get a chance to cook a ROM on that build though. could be a few days.

Guest lordv8r

The data switch works perfectly if the connection was already on but if it was off it takes you to the connections page. I like the lock screen but the month is cut off or not showing up correctly. But all in all it's a nice rom I haven't had any real issues so far.

Guest thekevster
The data switch works perfectly if the connection was already on but if it was off it takes you to the connections page. I like the lock screen but the month is cut off or not showing up correctly. But all in all it's a nice rom I haven't had any real issues so far.

yea, it works to turn it off but not to turn it on. it works to turn it on after you manually enter your connection settings though. the lockscreen is the MetroLock, the date looks like its messed up, but its actually just the way the 4 looks in the font. after i flash i always go into regional settings and go to the date tab and change the short date format to dd-MMM-yy so it shows "20-April-10" on the lockscreen.

Guest ebidar

So after a day of using the rom, I have noticed that when I am in the m2d/touchflo side and press the today icon on the home screen it takes me to the phone dialer instead of titanium. Also I noticed that the tell me app doesn't run. I click it and it just goes back to the home screen. BTW when I first used the rom I didn't have to setup the data connection, but when I tried running the CM wifi internet sharing, it stated I didn't have a connection and needed to create one, and that's where I had to create one for it to work, but other data connections like opera were working without having to make a manual setup. Let me know if you are getting the same problems or is it just on my side. Thank you.

Guest robconn

Hang on there bobalouie! I just tried to do the 2.0.0.4 version of the upgrade tool and it told me it is only for i910 phones. It of course is, but has been modified a few times, 6.5, Flotanium, Blazing Wolf's and just about everyone elses. Do I need to revert back to move forward? And how can I do that, stock rom with UMDL?

Guest uberwagen
Hang on there bobalouie! I just tried to do the 2.0.0.4 version of the upgrade tool and it told me it is only for i910 phones. It of course is, but has been modified a few times, 6.5, Flotanium, Blazing Wolf's and just about everyone elses. Do I need to revert back to move forward? And how can I do that, stock rom with UMDL?

I had the same problem Robcon. And the older version of WMDC I needed to reinstall the official CF03 wouldn't work with Windows7. But there is a fix, go to this page http://www.modaco.com/content-page/306322/...e-dc22/page/20/ post 37. Download the img file and you can use UMDL to put it on your phone.

Good Luck

Guest thekevster
So after a day of using the rom, I have noticed that when I am in the m2d/touchflo side and press the today icon on the home screen it takes me to the phone dialer instead of titanium. Also I noticed that the tell me app doesn't run. I click it and it just goes back to the home screen. BTW when I first used the rom I didn't have to setup the data connection, but when I tried running the CM wifi internet sharing, it stated I didn't have a connection and needed to create one, and that's where I had to create one for it to work, but other data connections like opera were working without having to make a manual setup. Let me know if you are getting the same problems or is it just on my side. Thank you.

that's what i was referring to when i said that some programs require the data connection to be setup manually. i have the same problem so i'm pretty sure its a problem in all my DC22 ROMS. i'll fix it when i figure out the problem.

as for the soft key going to the phone dialer, i'm guessing you used M2DC right? M2DC breaks the soft key every time you use it, so you have to click the Flotanium folder in the start menu, then click TFDetacher, then go to TFD Config. change the TouchFlo Left Soft Key to either close or hide TouchFlo, depending on which one you prefer.

Guest Luacious

Are there are screenshots? / Pics? heheh I m new to roms, and trying to find one that looks good for my tastes, but I cannot see this one, any pics would b tremendous