24/May r4 - HTC Legend rooting guide - Now with 1.31.x

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest wongompong
hi guys,

I mad a goldcard and begun the whole procedure, step1 goes well, but when i replace the sd back to the non goldcard sd and go into recovery mode, all i get is a black screen with a "!" in a triangle. no options to choose, no nothing.

when i tyry running the step two file i get the following message (same as benny) :

C:\r3-legend-root>step2-windows.bat

Legend Root Step 2

Pushing required files to device...

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

error: device not found

Pushing update file to device sdcard - this may take a few minutes...

I redone my goldcard. and it works. any idea how to whats the problem?

Now wipe and apply rootedupdate.zip from the recovery image menu.

I've already tried remaking my goldcard, it went well, and the goldcard works, but i still get the same message on step 2.

any help?

same here ..

so I reboot to enter rom, I can root with only perform Step 1 ..

BUT ... adb is dead.

and also cannot mount sdcard to my mac/linux/win , but i can read it via astro

that's why I could not go throught to step 2, I think.

i've also checked before doing step 2 by doing ./adb-mac -linux -windows.exe devices , but still error: device not found

Edited by wongompong

Guest swiffy

hello,

if I root my phone is 1.23 ***, he will be an official HTC rom in 1.31***, then if I install the rom SFR 1.32 ***, my phone is it always root?

Thanks, and sorry for my english !!!

Guest starsonic777
hello,

if I root my phone is 1.23 ***, he will be an official HTC rom in 1.31***, then if I install the rom SFR 1.32 ***, my phone is it always root?

Thanks, and sorry for my english !!!

no,when you install the rom SFR 1.32,the rooted will be gone! Because the 1.32 havn't be rooted yet. Don't try it.

Guest Dzondu

[*]In the terminal window, enter either 'step1-windows.bat', './step1-mac.sh' or './step1-linux.sh' as appropriate.

[*]When this step has completed, REMOVE THE GOLDCARD and either format it and replace, or replace with a different (non goldcard) microSD.

Could someone tell me if this step (replacing the goldcard) is really necessary?

Also, is there any way (adb, weird third-party stuff...) to write files to /system?

How about editing it pre-flash?

I assume one would need to get the new zip signed and insert the signature somewhere, a point in the right direction would be nice :)

Guest Balu5

hi,

i just started the rooting process, but after i launched step1_windows.bat nothing happens.

C:\Legend>step1-windows.bat

Legend Root Step 1

Erasing cache and rebooting in RUU mode...

erasing 'cache'... OKAY

... OKAY

About to start flash...

< waiting for device >

and it stop here, i see htc logo on the phone.

what should i do now? can i unplug the phone and restart?

what's the problem?

Guest Balu5
hi,

i just started the rooting process, but after i launched step1_windows.bat nothing happens.

C:\Legend>step1-windows.bat

Legend Root Step 1

Erasing cache and rebooting in RUU mode...

erasing 'cache'... OKAY

... OKAY

About to start flash...

< waiting for device >

and it stop here, i see htc logo on the phone.

what should i do now? can i unplug the phone and restart?

what's the problem?

i have successfully rooted my vodafone branded legend!

thx for the guide! :)

btw i made it on my win7 prof x64 system (i tried virtual machine windows xp, but i had no luck)

Guest SiMSiMoN

Hi everybody,

I'm new on this forum, find so much information about rooting phone device is very cool ;)

I've a question about rooting htc legend, is there any way to downgrade from a carrier 1.32 rom to nude 1.31 or 1.23 and updated to 1.31 OTA ?

I've a recent htc legend in this version and i'm sad to realise that there is no way to root this device.

I hope that Someone work on this project... :)

Thanks.

SiMSiMoN

Guest Slagert
Hi everybody,

I'm new on this forum, find so much information about rooting phone device is very cool ;)

I've a question about rooting htc legend, is there any way to downgrade from a carrier 1.32 rom to nude 1.31 or 1.23 and updated to 1.31 OTA ?

I've a recent htc legend in this version and i'm sad to realise that there is no way to root this device.

I hope that Someone work on this project... :)

Thanks.

SiMSiMoN

Not yet...

Guest flyguye

I managed to extract a Asian Rom WWE using dsiXDA's kitchen, i can delete apk's that i don't want, zipalign everything, zip the whole package with it being signed & install it on my Legend no problem. The problem im having is when i add apk's from a different custom ROM thats when i get the dreaded boot loop scenario. The issues i have is when i add the HTC_IME.apk & HTC_IME.odex files to replace the asian HTC_CIME.apk & HTC_CIME.odex coz i don't want the chinese keyboard, thats when i get the dreaded boot loop after the phones been flashed. Can someone help me out?

cheers,

Su

Guest lampux

I read on Paul's twitter page that he should release a new easier method to root the htc legend during this week...please Paul make it real :rolleyes:

Guest SiMSiMoN
I read on Paul's twitter page that he should release a new easier method to root the htc legend during this week...please Paul make it real :rolleyes:

He will, as usual.

Guest starsonic777
starsonic :

1.32 is a French rom not a WWE... Paul will not work on it

aha, Paul just work on WWE? It's mean that we must waiting for the coming of 1.32 WWE ROM .....

How long for waiting:(

Guest arunan
starsonic :

1.32 is a French rom not a WWE... Paul will not work on it

so we can never root our 1.32 sfr rom Legend :'( ?

Guest starsonic777
so we can never root our 1.32 sfr rom Legend :'( ?

ANYBODY please explain whatt's "WWE". I can't catch the meaning exactly. thanks

Guest lampux

when will be released the froyo 2.2 on our legend? It unsueful to download now the rom of modaco based on 2.1...we want the new version 2.2 where app2sd is included...come on paul make us proud and happy :rolleyes: in paul we trust :D

Guest amrud
The only thing that I can see is that testimage.zip is not loading on Legend and that means that no one can run step1.sh successfully.

testimage.zip is an edited/tweaked 1.23.... and this is a problem for legend with 1.31.... ROM on it.

Solution (as I can see it): tweak 1.31.... ROM and all will be OK!

Great move by Paul!!! Keep it ON!!!

gr.

do you have any solution???

can post it??

thanks..

p/s: my legend stuck at black screen with red triangle...dunno wat else to do

Guest james194zt

Rooted and working great since a couple of days after release 1, works like a dream!!

I could do with getting hold of the original UK Voda ROM somehow as my phone is acting up. If anybody has any sources that would be great, I should be able to then root the original Voda UK if I can get hold of it.

Thanks

James

Guest amrud

thanks..

work for me too....

my experience..

after step 1 (step1.sh) go to bootloader > recovery (a black screen with red triangle will popup)

run step 2(step2.sh)

wait until finish..

then select wipe>wipe data

then lastly load flash from sd

after that it will reboot (just like formatting a pc)

it will prompt to restore data from your sdcard (if your sdcard contain backup data)

finish

p/s: i just know that superuser permission in the rooted one is already invoked and need to use command from shell in pc

:rolleyes: :D :( :(

Guest GhAeM

there is new problem!!!

after rooting most time i cannot recive anyringtone while incoming call.it is some thing like silent mode.i cahecked evrything is ok in setting .

it is big problem i miss most call .

please help.