[i8000] CUSTOM ROMs by Ryrzy

Guest Ryrzy

Guest sakku

i tried to install this rom. but the phone sometimes always get stuck on boot. need to remove the battery to reset it. but after i start it back, it stuck again and again... what's wrong with that ?

the samsung clock cannot wake up the phone from deep standbye.. also stuck on boot...

what is XDA_UC ? it asked me to install after flashing. is it caused the problem ?

anyone suferring this ? sorry for bad english...

Guest Ryrzy
i tried to install this rom. but the phone sometimes always get stuck on boot. need to remove the battery to reset it. but after i start it back, it stuck again and again... what's wrong with that ?

the samsung clock cannot wake up the phone from deep standbye.. also stuck on boot...

what is XDA_UC ? it asked me to install after flashing. is it caused the problem ?

anyone suferring this ? sorry for bad english...

Strange... did you make HardReset after flash new ROM ?

XDA_UC -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=503060

Guest gallant_suri

Hi Ryrzy,

Nice work, well done!! Memory damn good.

I've ported HTC sense rom on my device.

quick issues:

* GPRS not working using 3G. (Update: Not an issue, it's gprs settings problem, now it's working fine)

* I've installed my own windows boot animation but not working.

ActiveSync works perfectly using USB.

Edited by gallant_suri

Guest sakku
Strange... did you make HardReset after flash new ROM ?

XDA_UC -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=503060

already hard reset several times, but still no luck.. sometimes get stuck on boot..sometimes ok...

but confirm, samsung clock cannot wake up from deep standbye.. it stuck on boot...

right now i'm trying to upgrade back to rapid JD6 sense 2.5 rom which was no problem on samsung clock wake up.

i'll let u know then.. thanks.

Guest sakku

Hi Ryrzy,

after upgraded it back to rapid JD6 sense 2.5 rom with eboot JD6 too, the samsung clock can correctly wake up from deep standbye. also no more stuck on boot process.

i think there must be something wrong on your rom. even i already upgraded eboot into JE2, but your rom still sometimes hang on boot.

Guest CroatianOmnia

Hello everyone. I posted a guide on how to edit the home tab. So if you want to have an analog clock or something like that,check it out :(

Guest ahillies

hi RYrzy,

excellent ROM. No issue during insatallation. did not hard reset at all. Good memory is around 50plus after one day. loaded loads of applications and games. Thanks.

Guest Ghosti

Hi everybody! The vibration feedback of the samsung keyboard is disabled by default - can sombody tell me the registry key to enable it again please! thx

Guest Ryrzy
Hi everybody! The vibration feedback of the samsung keyboard is disabled by default - can sombody tell me the registry key to enable it again please! thx

just go to samsung settings and turn it on :(

Guest micvianna
ROM is running good without any problems that i can't live with :( , a bit laggy though but that's samsung's problem. the first Sense2.5 ROM i can get My Location work. edit home layout dose not work but it's not a big problem to me, haven't tried SMS yet coz i dont use it. but am still looking forward to M2D V.2 :( thanks for your hard work, Ryrzy!

P.S. can you share the built-in google map? thanks

How do you put the dialer in this mode. This ROM only saw the Samsung way!

Edited by micvianna

Guest Ghosti
just go to samsung settings and turn it on :(

Sorry, but I can't find it - there is just a setting for "vibrate when tab on screen" but that doesn't work for the keyboard. :-(

any ideas?

thx

Guest sakku

anyone confirm using samsung touch clock to put an alarm when the device is on really in shutdown mode, can automatic wake up and boot normally when the alarm triggered ?

mine using this rom, always get hang on boot... someone can explain to me what caused that problem ?

i already used eboot JE2. i think the eboot does not compatible on this rom..

Guest Ghosti

Hi ryrzy, hi guys again. Do you think it might be possible to create a cab for installing/enable the Samsung i8000 "Volume controll" with the big touch buttons.

Would be very helpful - I've installed a new taskbar and now my samsung volume control is away - I've just the windows standard :-(

For the Omnia i900 it is available here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...ab/#entry979742

but not for the i8000 with wvga resolution. Please help!

thanks a lot.

P.s. I still wasn't able to get the keyboard vibrate respone to work - any ideas? thx

Guest Ryrzy
Hi ryrzy, hi guys again. Do you think it might be possible to create a cab for installing/enable the Samsung i8000 "Volume controll" with the big touch buttons.

Would be very helpful - I've installed a new taskbar and now my samsung volume control is away - I've just the windows standard :-(

For the Omnia i900 it is available here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...ab/#entry979742

but not for the i8000 with wvga resolution. Please help!

thanks a lot.

P.s. I still wasn't able to get the keyboard vibrate respone to work - any ideas? thx

you must enable largeindicator... here you have: http://www.4shared.com/file/TzmAjBiU/Large...E2_Omnia_2.html

Guest Lancez
How do you put the dialer in this mode. This ROM only saw the Samsung way!

disable samsung dialer and download HTC dialer from Rapid's sense ROM thread then install to main memory, it works on all sense ROMs.

Guest Lancez
hi lancez,

seems like u are really enjoying ryrzy rom :( how is it compared to rapid81's one?

cheers

:( a tough Q. first of all, i choose Ryrzy's ROM over Rapid's because i've been using Ryrzy's ROMs back the day when i had my i900, i know what i can expect from his ROMs. second of all, this one is lite enough to meet my needs. it dose not have a lot of apps and mods builtin but only with basics, so i can install whatever i want. also, it can automatically setup my internet and MMS-SMS connections no matter what SIM card i throw at it. on Rapid's, u have to do it all by yourself. memory leak down to the minimum level compare to other sense ROMs as long as i know of.

of course there are few functions missing, but it dosen't matter to me coz i never use twitter, facebook, etc.

just my 2 cents :o

Guest jmsmartins
:( a tough Q. first of all, i choose Ryrzy's ROM over Rapid's because i've been using Ryrzy's ROMs back the day when i had my i900, i know what i can expect from his ROMs. second of all, this one is lite enough to meet my needs. it dose not have a lot of apps and mods builtin but only with basics, so i can install whatever i want. also, it can automatically setup my internet and MMS-SMS connections no matter what SIM card i throw at it. on Rapid's, u have to do it all by yourself. memory leak down to the minimum level compare to other sense ROMs as long as i know of.

of course there are few functions missing, but it dosen't matter to me coz i never use twitter, facebook, etc.

just my 2 cents :o

thanks for fast reply :o i'm also aware of ryrzy's work because i also tried almost every rom he made for i900, and a few weeks ago i asked him to come here and post english roms for us eheh. now i'm so happy with SB rom that it doesn't feel like to change at all, but i must admit that sense roms allways tempted me. i guess sooner or later i'll give it a go.

see u next door :(