[i8000] CUSTOM ROMs by Ryrzy

Guest Ryrzy

Guest Ghosti
you must enable largeindicator... here you have: http://www.4shared.com/file/TzmAjBiU/Large...E2_Omnia_2.html

It does install the volume controll, but shows it just in the QVGA resolution in the left upper corner. Is there anyone else have this problem?

but thanks for the file :-)

and I havn't still a solution for the non vibrating keyboard response... thx

Guest Ryrzy

chokia -> can you pleas copy link for this fix for internet tab ?

Ghosti -> hmm i have now my PLK ROM and it works... i dont remember settings names in english but it is in samsung settings -> firs tab -> touch alert (?) -> and you select keybord/ and second option vibrating (sorry if this names are different hehe)

Guest Ghosti

What could be the problem when i can not get a weather information for "my location" -> "no weather data available".

but if i enter a location f.e. "new york" there is no problem - weather availabe.

ideas?

Info: best 3G and GSM location, still not available with WLAN / activeSync :-(

thx

P.S. I have found the setting for the keyboard: settings/sound settings/touch alert/touch event/dialler &virtual input panel -> vibrate

thx

Guest chokia
What could be the problem when i can not get a weather information for "my location" -> "no weather data available".

but if i enter a location f.e. "new york" there is no problem - weather availabe.

ideas?

When you first tap "My location" on Home Tab right after you flashed the ROM, it will bring you to weather tab, you will find "enable my location" in weather tab menu. Click that . It is disabled by default. After you enabled this you cant see the link anymore.

The appointment link on Home tab can only display 1 item, how to make it at least showing 2 items without dragging like Rapid81 ROM? Space wasted underneath.

Edited by chokia

Guest Lancez

there are couple of things that i would like to point out, it'll be great if the chef can fix them in the next release.

1. the "X" function is disabled in samsung setting and using HTC taskmanager instead in this ROM, but HTC taskmanager is slow for closing apps and even hangs sometimes. the samsung's "X" botton is the fastest way to go.

2. the battery icon is only displayed on homescreen, and will be disappeared in anyother pages. is there anyway that i can get rid of this problem? please see attached screen shots.

post-422854-1275807715_thumb.jpg

post-422854-1275807765_thumb.jpg

post-422854-1275807789_thumb.jpg

Guest Ghosti
When you first tap "My location" on Home Tab right after you flashed the ROM, it will bring you to weather tab, you will find "enable my location" in weather tab menu. Click that . It is disabled by default. After you enabled this you cant see the link anymore.

The appointment link on Home tab can only display 1 item, how to make it at least showing 2 items without dragging like Rapid81 ROM? Space wasted underneath.

To see 2 or more appointments use a registry editor:

1. Disable HTC Sense in Start->Settings->Home->Items

Reg:Editor:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> HTC -> Manila -> C00kie -> HomeLevel1

Change "Appointments Layout" (0= 1 Appoitments showed, 1= 2 App, 2=3App, ...)

You can change the position in vertical (Y) and horizontal (X) with the reg keys too.

For Clock Layout:

Change "Clock.layout" (0=standard, 1=digigat without weather, 2=small digi+weather, 3=small analog + weather, 4=just analog, 5=analog+digital+weather)

F.e. my settings:

Clock Layout: 5

NotifyIcons visible: 1

Y: 49

Appointments Layout: 1

Y: -38

NOTE: You can position it where ever you want,the negative (-) in NotifyIcons.posX moves it to the Left,the positive (Just the number) to the Right

The negative (-) in NotifyIcons.posY moves it down and the positive(Just the number,no - in front of it) up.

ghosti

Guest Ghosti
there are couple of things that i would like to point out, it'll be great if the chef can fix them in the next release.

1. the "X" function is disabled in samsung setting and using HTC taskmanager instead in this ROM, but HTC taskmanager is slow for closing apps and even hangs sometimes. the samsung's "X" botton is the fastest way to go.

2. the battery icon is only displayed on homescreen, and will be disappeared in anyother pages. is there anyway that i can get rid of this problem? please see attached screen shots.

to see the battery icon in every prog.:

use reg.editor:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Taskbar]

"ConsistentClockOrBattery"=dword:1

"LimitedClock"=dword:1

Note: dword:1 = see battery, dword:0= clock

But i use the following program to see battery AND clock: BattClock

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=612083

Guest meabigbaldguy

Hi Ryzry,

Great work and I'm glad to see you here!

Anyway, is it possible to get a CAB of the Samsung Large Indicator for the task bar, please?

That's one that I do miss.

Guest skoda60
Hi Ryzry,

Great work and I'm glad to see you here!

Anyway, is it possible to get a CAB of the Samsung Large Indicator for the task bar, please?

That's one that I do miss.

You can downloaded from post#66.

Guest meabigbaldguy
You can downloaded from post#66.

Thanks, Skoda! That one I overlooked and I only saw the link to other items in #81. :)

Guest meabigbaldguy
Ok this ROM Bluetooth Voice Routing is crippled.

Im so going back to Rapid81 ROM

At least I beg to differ...

I'm using the JE2 6.5 ROM and BT voice command works fine.

Guest chokia
At least I beg to differ...

I'm using the JE2 6.5 ROM and BT voice command works fine.

BT voice command works fine correct but BT voice command when you press your bluetooth heaset's call button and start giving voice command via the headset's microphone is not working.

That is BT voice routing is all about.

Guest meabigbaldguy
BT voice command works fine correct but BT voice command when you press your bluetooth heaset's call button and start giving voice command via the headset's microphone is not working.

That is BT voice routing is all about.

Noooooo!!! Really??? :) I've had three WM phones, two Blackberries, and at least a few different BT headsets and I never figured that one out up until you were so kind to inform me. :)

Just what part of "I'm using the JE2 6.5 ROM and BT voice command works fine" is so difficult for you to understand? Let explain it to you as I would to a six year old.... When I press the tiny button on the thingy in my ear, the phone makes a beep, then I say a name and the phone magically hears my voice and calls that number. I don't have to use my hands to dial the phone numbers.

It works!

Edited by meabigbaldguy

Guest chokia
Just what part of "I'm using the JE2 6.5 ROM and BT voice command works fine" is so difficult for you to understand? Let explain it to you as I would to a six year old....

Tantrum aside, i was refering to this ROM not other JE2 ROM.

I have used Rapid's JE2 ROM and BT just fine. Rapid's previous JD6, BT was crippled until he re-cooked JD6, it fixed.

Anyway i'm wondering since bt voice routing is not important to most ppl (read: cook) some cooks may have deleted some bt files from the original ROM thus cripple the voice routing service.

Guest Ryrzy
Tantrum aside, i was refering to this ROM not other JE2 ROM.

I have used Rapid's JE2 ROM and BT just fine. Rapid's previous JD6, BT was crippled until he re-cooked JD6, it fixed.

Anyway i'm wondering since bt voice routing is not important to most ppl (read: cook) some cooks may have deleted some bt files from the original ROM thus cripple the voice routing service.

i have removed VoiceCommand package from SYS, maybe it is this that make problems ? i will make quick test ROM maybe tomorrow