30/Jun r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero now with Online Kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest cokbok

How do you make sure that the A2SD works? I have 8gb Class 6 SD card, 500mb ext2 partition and the rest being fat32.

However, when I install an application, I see that the "Available space" in the internal storage is decreasing.

I never used A2SD before and installed R4 build 3 ROM over the first 2.1 release by Modaco without wiping.

Best regards.

Guest Dayzee
How do you make sure that the A2SD works? I have 8gb Class 6 SD card, 500mb ext2 partition and the rest being fat32.

However, when I install an application, I see that the "Available space" in the internal storage is decreasing.

I never used A2SD before and installed R4 build 3 ROM over the first 2.1 release by Modaco without wiping.

Best regards.

With A2SD, some of the programme still goes onto the phone, like drivers I guess. So around a Quarter or a third of the total app space stays on the internal memory. Thats why the internal memory still changes a little even with A2SD working fine!

You can tell if things are working OK using a file explorer like Root explorer. Go into Main section then into System. In there should be a folder called sd and inside there 3 or 4 folders with names like app, app-private and a couple of others. If they are there all is working as it should and you have apps 2 SD.

Dayz xx

Guest uk786

Everything works superbly well, did full wipes, titanium back up and mybackup of data (just in case) and got all my system settings, call log, texts, calendar etc and apps + data back!

Also you can un-install those ugly chinese widgets through titanium back-up, sweet. 046.gif

I've also noticed more clarity on the screen (16m colours?) looks OLEDish, and some great improvements.

Guest neoclassic

Now that I've had a few days using this ROM, I've noticed a few things that bug the hell outta me:

-The clock lags. With 3.2, I could push the menu button to turn the lock-screen on and the correct time would be there. Now, if I do that I have to keep looking at the lock screen on for 10-15 seconds for it to refresh the clock. This happens even after entering the normal screen.

-The mobile connection can get screwy. When I turn it on, sometimes it will get stuck on "3G" with an arrow pointing up. If I open a browser or check email, etc. there is no transfer (i.e. no internet). When this happens, if I turn mobile connection OFF, then turn it back ON, it stays stuck on "connecting". To fix this I long-hold the hang-up button and select "mobile network", which unsticks the mobile connection. Repeat, etc.

Guest Soepy
I had the same problem, and solved it by pull out my sd from phone, and re-format it on PC.

No I have this option checked in settings, and can't see them in dialer..this is definitely bug...

Tried that too, didn't work. I will try one without the Chinese IME, but the Chinese IME is why I need the kitchen version :)

Guest Richard K. Szabo

Haven't experienced these, obviously bugs here too.

Now that I've had a few days using this ROM, I've noticed a few things that bug the hell outta me:

-The clock lags. With 3.2, I could push the menu button to turn the lock-screen on and the correct time would be there. Now, if I do that I have to keep looking at the lock screen on for 10-15 seconds for it to refresh the clock. This happens even after entering the normal screen.

-The mobile connection can get screwy. When I turn it on, sometimes it will get stuck on "3G" with an arrow pointing up. If I open a browser or check email, etc. there is no transfer (i.e. no internet). When this happens, if I turn mobile connection OFF, then turn it back ON, it stays stuck on "connecting". To fix this I long-hold the hang-up button and select "mobile network", which unsticks the mobile connection. Repeat, etc.

I've problem watching TV :

Video starts, works , stops, start again .. many times and at the end i get a b lack screen

logcat just before last stop :

E/QCvdec ( 151): Flush VDL_stats_q: stats_ptr 0xcfb50

E/QCOmxcore( 151): OMXCORE API : Free Handle ccc6c

E/QCOmxcore( 151): Unloading the dynamic library for OMX.qcom.video.decoder.avc

E/MediaPlayer( 535): internal/external state mismatch corrected

Note : i get this problem with all 2.1 ROM i tried , but it works with Modaco 3.2

Tkx for help

A+

Jpq

Guest cokbok
With A2SD, some of the programme still goes onto the phone, like drivers I guess. So around a Quarter or a third of the total app space stays on the internal memory. Thats why the internal memory still changes a little even with A2SD working fine!

You can tell if things are working OK using a file explorer like Root explorer. Go into Main section then into System. In there should be a folder called sd and inside there 3 or 4 folders with names like app, app-private and a couple of others. If they are there all is working as it should and you have apps 2 SD.

Dayz xx

Hi there,

Thank you for your assistance. I just checked the "sd" folder and there seem to be 2 folders created yesterday - exactly the day I installed A2SD enabled version of this rom. So, things seem to be cool. However, I just have 2 folder within the "sd" folder, instead of 3 or 4.

1. "app" folder: there are apk files for all the applications that I have installed.

2. "app-private" folder: there are again apk files but only a few.

Should things be fine? BTW, I can say that I had like 20mb of free space before installing the ROM and it increased to like 50mb after the install of the A2SD enabled ROM (without wiping of anything).

Does it mean that things actually work fine?

Best regards

Guest cokbok
How stable is this build? Fine for everyday use? :)

Yes. Exchange, this and that works. Did not have any reason to roll-back to the previous ROM for last a week.

Guest crashd
Is the new Radio optional?

Yes, and if you're on Orange UK with a locked handset then you shouldn't flash it, it'll come up with "handset locked".

Guest michaeljordan

works fine!

I miss one feature which seems to be in th cyanogen Mod and that a system wide HTTP proxy setting.

Would be great if this feature would be supported as well.

Guest JadeMonkee
I am very satisfied with this rom. :) Can't wait till the european version is comming out. :) I have one problem so far: Menu -> settings -> applications -> manage applications => causes FC "The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Pleasy try again." Does anyone have the same problem?

I also have this problem. Someone mentioned that Locale was causing it. I uninstalled Locale, but it did nothing.

Guest stealth75abc
I also have this problem. Someone mentioned that Locale was causing it. I uninstalled Locale, but it did nothing.

I can confirm this. Uninstalling Locale did nothing.