30/Jun r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero now with Online Kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest samosan
Hi,

Try to switch on the phone with an active GPS.

Turn on the GPS, switch off and switch on the phone.

I don't remember where I read this trick, but it seems that it can solve this kind of GPS issue.

(and try it outdoor of course, to avoid bad satellite signal troubles).

However this rom is really good and stable, but did someone encounter data connection problem ?

I sometimes lost data connection without any reason, I have to manually turn off and turn on data connection to make it work again.

Is there any problem of this kind with the new radio image ?

(I'm on Orange french network)

Thanks, I'll have a shot at this tomorrow, as it's cloudy outside right now... Not going to be good GPS weather anyhow!

Guest honzah
It's under "Sound & display" last option..

But last option is "Notification flash"

(I have installed MoDaCo r5 without additions.)

Guest ValeryM
Hi guys,

Haven't been on the forum for a while, it wasn't necessary :). However, my phone seems awfully slow. From ChompSMS to the browser, everything just feels.. slow.

I'm on R5 and never had any problems that I couldn't fix. This just gets annoying.. Is there anyone who can suggest a 'this could be ...'?

Thanks

Same problem with my phone. Tried to upgrade MCR 3.2, had got endless force close of all apps, then wiped phone and applied baked MCR r5 - had got huge memory consumption, slowness in actively used widgets such as Contacts (from HTC, which ran flawlessly on MCR 3.2), APNdroid, Gtalk - phone just freeze for 20-30-40 seconds and do not respond on any key press. Also had got force close of "com.android.phone" process 3-4 times a day.

That was the reason to roll back to MCR 3.2.

May be I should use prebaked Paul's ROMs?

Guest marigodo

Hi everybody, how can i sync my contact and messages after install this rom? Because if i don't wipe data, the rom loops in htc bootscreen after installing. I use titanium backup but i'm not sure it's the easy way.. i don't know, answer me please.

Thanks

Margiodo

Guest vatvedt
Hi everybody, how can i sync my contact and messages after install this rom? Because if i don't wipe data, the rom loops in htc bootscreen after installing. I use titanium backup but i'm not sure it's the easy way.. i don't know, answer me please.

Thanks

Margiodo

I used Sprite Backup (Backup and Restore, not free) on my sms'es. The contacts I've synced with Google, so they sync back automagically when I connect to my wifi after flashing the rom.

Guest Asp525

Thanks

Margiodo

I use mybackup (free for 30 days) to restore sms/mms and apps - it will do your contacts too, though as above I find gmail contact sync much better ;-)

Guest grasvater
But last option is "Notification flash"

(I have installed MoDaCo r5 without additions.)

In the official version, there are no more calibration. Thus, even in Modaco.

Guest afelotreyu

Question, does the "A2SD+" no longer support ext4? I've been having problems updating the ROM, and my wild guess is because the problem is trying to move the Apps in the EXT4 partition.

Guest Dan Mullen
Question, does the "A2SD+" no longer support ext4? I've been having problems updating the ROM, and my wild guess is because the problem is trying to move the Apps in the EXT4 partition.

This ROM comes with a stock kernel, so there's no ext4 support. As HTC have released the kernel sources, I'm sure there'll be a custom kernel in the final MCR4.0.

Guest Incomer
This ROM comes with a stock kernel, so there's no ext4 support. As HTC have released the kernel sources, I'm sure there'll be a custom kernel in the final MCR4.0.

htc have already released the kernel sources(a few days ago :)) and teknoglism was trying to create one, but his Hero is broken at the moment:(

Guest matte3560

So I'm guessing by the last two posts that A2SD works fine as long as your app partition is ext3? I've had issues installing apps to my ext4 partition (although pre-installed ones I copied over with a terminal work just fine).

Guest Dan Mullen
So I'm guessing by the last two posts that A2SD works fine as long as your app partition is ext3? I've had issues installing apps to my ext4 partition (although pre-installed ones I copied over with a terminal work just fine).

Yeah, ext2 or ext3 will work fine.

Guest colt2

Hi.....

...... can't seem to change the background on the home screen.......

........ change background was by changing scene.......

I` ve the same problem....

Flashed rc5 with a `clean/new` sdcard...

Any workout?

regards

Colt

Guest Hendrik van Antwerpen

Hi all,

I've used MCR roms happely on my Hero since I got it. I've been trying out the 2.1 version, but it seems unstable for me when it comes to the mobile network.

I've checked my APN settings, which seem to be correct. When I turn on mobile networks (by checking the checkmark in Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile network) strange things start to happen. Sometimes it says that it's connected, the status icon shows up, but none of my apps can connect. Usually the status icon disappears after a short time. Sometimes it stays gray (busy) saying 'Turning on...' below the 'Mobile network' item. When it's in unstable connected state, it sometimes kills my phone calls.

It worked for some time after the upgrade, but not anymore. The provider says there are no errors on the network at the moment. Because of the strange hanging behaviour in the settings I expect it to be a software issue. If someones knows a solution or I can be of any help providing debug info, I'd like to know.

EDIT: I see in the exception browser some errors: "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Internal APNS file version doesn't match /system/etc/apns-conf.xml" if that helps.

EDIT2: It seems tied to location. At home I have no mobile internet connection, but when I went out I had.

Edited by Hendrik van Antwerpen

Guest JamieGrossman

The new rom is pretty great, but theres a few annoying issues that seem to rise. first of all, when i have signal, it's fine, but i lose it so regularly in the most available places it's ridiculous. the camera is also extremely laggy, and nearly all photos come out pretty blurry. the keyboard is also quite laggy, even without haptic feedback + sounds. anyone else experiencing these issues? i'm also on orange UK, and using 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 radio. things were ok on r4, though it was far laggier, and even though r5 is faster and more responsive, it does come with these issues :)

Guest AlThePost
i'm also on orange UK, and using 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 radio.

Try 63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.14. I flashed it after updating to r5 without any issues (network-locked Orange handset). The signal here is pretty good and I've never had problems, so I can't tell if it makes a difference with the mobile network, but I'm convinced that wi-fi is more sensitive as I now see previously-invisible weak APs around my home. Could be that the same will hold true for the mobile network side... worth a try?

Guest JamieGrossman
Try 63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.14. I flashed it after updating to r5 without any issues (network-locked Orange handset). The signal here is pretty good and I've never had problems, so I can't tell if it makes a difference with the mobile network, but I'm convinced that wi-fi is more sensitive as I now see previously-invisible weak APs around my home. Could be that the same will hold true for the mobile network side... worth a try?

it is worth a try.. but i can't find it on the radio page :): http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...t-for-gsm-hero/

think you can link me up? cheers.

Guest vatvedt
it is worth a try.. but i can't find it on the radio page :D: http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...t-for-gsm-hero/

think you can link me up? cheers.

Guess you can try here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=17

Edit: Or see this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=6962521

:)

Edited by vatvedt

Guest Hendrik van Antwerpen

It seems Facebook Sync is not working. I can add account, but no friends show up when I try to link a contact.

EDIT: Re-adding the account fixed the problem, let's see if it stays ok now.

Edited by Hendrik van Antwerpen

Guest prmd142

Hard keys are always backlit draining battery. They used to automatically switch off after few seconds of non use in 3.2.

Reverting back to 3.2 for now.

Guest toxic-hero
Hard keys are always backlit draining battery. They used to automatically switch off after few seconds of non use in 3.2.

Reverting back to 3.2 for now.

it's not a normal behavior in r5. have you wiped before flashing a 2.1?

Guest Swerner

I have baked the RC5 with the Online Kitchen including A2SD+... but it seems, that it doesn't work...

I only have 64 MB internal memory available after Installing my Apps. If i install new Apps the internal memory is reducing very quick.

Can i ever check, if the A2SD+ is working?