[ROM]Ninja4hire *NonSense* (DC23) v2.5.3m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest rolobolas
Thank you Ninja and anyone that worked on this Rom. After two days of heavy operation, average of 60 emails and 200 texts and without any soft reset, the memory still. within 73 - 78 range.

Email, I use gmail and pop, works ok sending and receiving.

Text works ok, however is kind of confusing that three different texting clients pop, depending on what button you press.

GPS takes a while to detect the birds on cold start, however is not too bad (2 min.)

Is there any program like HTC QuickGps that can help to detect the satellites faster by downloading the GPS software needed?

Once again thank you very much, awesome job.

Is this forum dead??

And back to the top again. Sense is great elegant and useful. Please guys keep it alive, you and AMD Zero are great chefs and make this phone thing fan.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sh0rtyb
And back to the top again. Sense is great elegant and useful. Please guys keep it alive, you and AMD Zero are great chefs and make this phone thing fan.

Thank you

Looks real nice! I just upgraded from a i910... got it wet and well needed a new phone got the i920 for real cheap from vzn right now.

I just updated my phone with the dc21 update but have read that I can use this Rom PDA to flash my phone, is this correct?.?.?.?

Edit: well so far so good few things I do tend to crash Nonsense but meh I know how to avoid it once its happened(not sure if this is cause im on a dc21 base). I enjoy this rom a lot coming from spb/tit based UI's on my omnia i910 this is a nice change. Really a mix between the two, stylish with animations but functional without killing my phones mem/batt in the process.

Edited by sh0rtyb

Guest amdzero
Looks real nice! I just upgraded from a i910... got it wet and well needed a new phone got the i920 for real cheap from vzn right now.

I just updated my phone with the dc21 update but have read that I can use this Rom PDA to flash my phone, is this correct?.?.?.?

Edit: well so far so good few things I do tend to crash Nonsense but meh I know how to avoid it once its happened(not sure if this is cause im on a dc21 base). I enjoy this rom a lot coming from spb/tit based UI's on my omnia i910 this is a nice change. Really a mix between the two, stylish with animations but functional without killing my phones mem/batt in the process.

Can you list the things that causes Nonsense to crash? I know I'm not the chef for this particular rom, but me an ninja worked on porting sense 2015 (NonSense, Zerosense and Steel Sense).

Guest sh0rtyb
Can you list the things that causes Nonsense to crash? I know I'm not the chef for this particular rom, but me an ninja worked on porting sense 2015 (NonSense, Zerosense and Steel Sense).

*Bows* Yes I am well aware of your work around the kitchen. Looking forward to your next dc21 rom (sense one !!)

The main times I have crashed nonsense is checking battery life via taskbar/samsungs settings screen, if I back out using the up arrow or done button it seems to close the screen but nonsense never comes back just a graphic glitch of the last screen I have open or a blank bg. This has happened coming out of S2U (your cab version) but only once not sure if it was something else. I can still use all functions of the phone just dont have a home UI (sense UI). Is there a shortcut I can make to reload it? I have been soft resetting it

Edited by sh0rtyb

Guest amdzero
*Bows* Yes I am well aware of your work around the kitchen. Looking forward to your next dc21 rom (sense one !!)

The main times I have crashed nonsense is checking battery life via taskbar/samsungs settings screen, if I back out using the up arrow or done button it seems to close the screen but nonsense never comes back just a graphic glitch of the last screen I have open or a blank bg. This has happened coming out of S2U (your cab version) but only once not sure if it was something else. I can still use all functions of the phone just dont have a home UI (sense UI). Is there a shortcut I can make to reload it? I have been soft resetting it

I've noticed that if sense crashes, then the ram usually doesn't get released and Manila.exe still runs. If the senseui doesn't come up after a crash, try to disable it from running in settings->home->today items, ok all the way out, then then renable it. You can try to force close/kill Manila.exe and see if it frees the ram up. But if the ram isn't being released then manila has caused a fatal error and WinMo is protecting the rest of the system and won't let you access it. This is when it requires a reboot.

I'm almost done tweaking my next sense release. Unfortunately it will probably be public beta as I'm having trouble with the weather tab (of all things) and messaging tab.

Work has been trying lately and its taking longer than expected.