[ROM][21/09/10] My Ultra Lites

Guest shadowangel

Guest jackjack078

Hi Shadow, and all experts

I flashed your 6.1 rom. then I installed SPB mobile shell 3.5 / 3.5.3 / 3.5.5, all of them not function correctly. Freeze the phone as soon as i tape on left bottom corner "the nine dots icon to show 9 page or carousel." and tape on some of the icons and working as well.

I was guessing because I am flashing back from 6.5 to 6.1. and I only flashed PDA part. Or should I flash CSC and Phone as well? then which ones are stable for using wm6.1. Any other options I should aware of when using Octan 2.14?

my phone version:

PDA: Your PDA

CSC: I8000XOIJ2

PHONE: I8000DXIJ1

Sorry for asking stupid questions. thanks in advance

Guest chteh0721

I flashed your 6.1 rom. then I installed SPB mobile shell 3.5 / 3.5.3 / 3.5.5, all of them not function correctly. Freeze the phone as soon as i tape on left bottom corner "the nine dots icon to show 9 page or carousel." and tape on some of the icons and working as well.

I was guessing because I am flashing back from 6.5 to 6.1. and I only flashed PDA part. Or should I flash CSC and Phone as well? then which ones are stable for using wm6.1. Any other options I should aware of when using Octan 2.14?

my phone version:

I'm facing the same problem as well

Guest shadowangel

my phone version:

I'm facing the same problem as well

Try going to the SPB Mobile Shell Options and disable the 3D acceleration... I've seen around other people facing this issue (with other ROMs as well) and please feed us back if it solved the issue :)

@edit: flashing the JH1 eboot would be something to try as well

Edited by shadowangel

Guest johnchua55

yeah i had the same issue .... all you need to do is before going into 3D carousel you must ... go into SPB settings and disable 3D acceleration. Using 3D acceleration makes very little difference anyways ... just a a wee bit prettier with reflections .... but even with any other ROM ....using 3D acceleration is laggy and not worth turning ON.

Guest jackjack078
yeah i had the same issue .... all you need to do is before going into 3D carousel you must ... go into SPB settings and disable 3D acceleration. Using 3D acceleration makes very little difference anyways ... just a a wee bit prettier with reflections .... but even with any other ROM ....using 3D acceleration is laggy and not worth turning ON.

you are right, I don't like that 3D carousel at all, it was just didn't know why it froze when i taped on the icon. I followed your instruction and it works now. suspected I flashed from Sense to 6.1, maybe there was something like HTC hardware acceleration left behind either my CSC or phone or something i dont know lol

another thing though, in SPB, i cannot change the theme color. Taped on the color and it does nothing. Kinda awful to have green title bar and doesn't match SPB Mobile Sense. Wonder was there any solution for that?

btw, I live in Canada, and would like to know what CSC, Phone and or eboot are good for 6.1 rom

I really want to complement on people in this forum. You guys are so knowledgeable, and most importantly, NICE. you guys dont feel annoyed by stupid questions from newbie like me. highly appreciated

Shawdo, I see you have made so many great roms. I followed your sense topic, and i think sense will only run good and stable like HD2 (cuz of Ram!!) on wm 6.1.

again, thanks everyone. is been great to be part of Modaco community

Guest shadowangel
you are right, I don't like that 3D carousel at all, it was just didn't know why it froze when i taped on the icon. I followed your instruction and it works now. suspected I flashed from Sense to 6.1, maybe there was something like HTC hardware acceleration left behind either my CSC or phone or something i dont know lol

another thing though, in SPB, i cannot change the theme color. Taped on the color and it does nothing. Kinda awful to have green title bar and doesn't match SPB Mobile Sense. Wonder was there any solution for that?

btw, I live in Canada, and would like to know what CSC, Phone and or eboot are good for 6.1 rom

I really want to complement on people in this forum. You guys are so knowledgeable, and most importantly, NICE. you guys dont feel annoyed by stupid questions from newbie like me. highly appreciated

Shawdo, I see you have made so many great roms. I followed your sense topic, and i think sense will only run good and stable like HD2 (cuz of Ram!!) on wm 6.1.

again, thanks everyone. is been great to be part of Modaco community

You are welcome my friend :)

Here... Take this black skin (by speedfrog), install it and select it on home.

The Android taskbar for 6.1 is a nice thing to install as well :)

Guest speedfrog

how to select it as home theme:

use winrar to extract the FlatBlack.rar file and you will get a FlatBlack.tsk file

put the FlatBlack.tsk in "MY DOCUMENTS" and go to Windows setting-today-chose FlatBlank

Guest jackjack078
You are welcome my friend :)

Here... Take this black skin (by speedfrog), install it and select it on home.

The Android taskbar for 6.1 is a nice thing to install as well :)

Oh my gosh... nice blank skin (thanks speedfrog for teaching) and very nice android taskbar.

One last thing I found in 6.1rom. windows original alarm doesnt work with phone off. I found the original samsung clock cab. but it doesn't allow me to intall it, saying,

"the program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions."

i dont have a clue.

again, thanks everyone

Guest jackjack078
it probably because you are using a 6.5/6.5.x cab

try one of these:

Touch Clock

My storage, Storage Card but if you have problems, install it to main storage

JD1 http://www.mediafire.com/?xa4xbanbdrm2gkv (I use JD1 eboot, only this one worked fine!)

JD4 http://rapidshare.com/files/382296487/Sina...Touch_Clock.cab

thanks to sinan :)

hi speedfrog

thanks for the fast replay first of all, I tried your JD1 clock, same thing not able to stall. JD4 link is dead...

Guest jackjack078
hi speedfrog

thanks for the fast replay first of all, I tried your JD1 clock, same thing not able to stall. JD4 link is dead...

nevermind, I found the working samsung clock cab. it works perfectly. anyways. I am totally satisfied with shadow's wm6.1 lite rom... my i8000 is alive again, super fast even with Auto Performance.. play all H264 video with no lag at all.. loads of ram... hahahaha... love you guys

Guest mihai_mihai

same taskbar as above but with procent battery http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment...mp;d=1269689245

and this for start menu customization, i set item edge to 18 and it is fingerfriendly now http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-downlo...kmenu-v2-7.html

and this too http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment...mp;d=1270663490 it is a virtual pad- i alocated the program to the cube button so i can open and close easy

i managed to activate kinetic scroll with this http://www.4shared.com/get/_a71ppqY/FTouchSL_210.html

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest jackjack078
same taskbar as above but with procent battery http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment...mp;d=1269689245

and this for start menu customization, i set item edge to 18 and it is fingerfriendly now http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-downlo...kmenu-v2-7.html

and this too http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment...mp;d=1270663490 it is a virtual pad- i alocated the program to the cube button so i can open and close easy

thank you Mihai, very nice and useful apps.

I do want to have a nice task manger like HTC task bar or Magic button, but both do not work with SPB and S2U2. I hope it was just the version that do not work together.... wonder if theres any others will.

All in all this is a very nice wm6.1 rom. I strongly recommend people who have been using wm 6.5 for a while, give it a try shadow's lite rom. you will be amazed by the "speed" and the freedom to install almost everything without worrying about ram and storage.

one suggestion for Shadow. if its not too troubling you, it would be nice to have some important apps cooked in the rom, like clock, NetCF3.5, Office Mobile 2010, Marketplace, Flatback.tsk and the nice Android task bar. Well.. i guess not too necessary in Modaco here, cuz everyone here is so helful..

thank you again

one very satisfied newbie.. lol

Edited by jackjack078

thank you Mihai, very nice and useful apps.

I do want to have a nice task manger like HTC task bar or Magic button, but both do not work with SPB and S2U2. I hope it was just the version that do not work together.... wonder if theres any others will.

All in all this is a very nice wm6.1 rom. I strongly recommend people who have been using wm 6.5 for a while, give it a try shadow's lite rom. you will be amazed by the "speed" and the freedom to install almost everything without worrying about ram and storage.

one suggestion for Shadow. if its not too troubling you, it would be nice to have some important apps cooked in the rom, like clock, NetCF3.5, Office Mobile 2010, Marketplace, Flatback.tsk and the nice Android task bar. Well.. i guess not too necessary in Modaco here, cuz everyone here is so helful..

thank you again

one very satisfied newbie.. lol

+1 with dialer also :)

feedback: dont know if its just me, but read thru all the post, my phone hangs if i turn to landscape mode within photo/touch player, anyone facing this problem?

Edited by micmac

Guest mihai_mihai
+1 with dialer also :)

feedback: dont know if its just me, but read thru all the post, my phone hangs if i turn to landscape mode within photo/touch player, anyone facing this problem?

for dialer i use resco contact manager(it has slide to answear and reject) with manage incoming calls enable, for mute just press the volume keys, i like this program because it use little ram compare to others, i don't like power management in 6.1 it drain the battery quite fast when i set the cpu to hi and wifi don't stop when the phone go in standby(forgot it and phone went dead at 3 am , luky me i installed sound on and off that woke me)

my phome don't hang , i have ji1 eboot

1 time hanged and then i opened cube aplication

and don't forget this kinetic scroll for 6.1 http://www.4shared.com/get/_a71ppqY/FTouchSL_210.html it is usefull for long sms

i used office from je1 and it worked, i hade it in my phone from tw2 cabs

in the end i like this mixture of 6.1 with 6.5 and with a little google and programing it is allmost like 6.5 but with a lot of free and stable ram

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest johnchua55

best ROM yet ....... i am no longer conscious of when to reboot my phone .... as even after several days the freem ram is still around 70mb or more ..... i think i reboot now maybe once a week ..... unlike with most roms 2-3days you'll need to reboot again

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shadowangel
i could not get the correct operator setting in malaysia. I already try different csc but it stil the same. may i know how to solve this problem ?

you have the option to input the setting manually on Windows settings=>Connections

Question... have you restored your network connections on Samsung Settings after you flashed the ROM?

Guest chteh0721
you have the option to input the setting manually on Windows settings=>Connections

Question... have you restored your network connections on Samsung Settings after you flashed the ROM?

i already solve my problem. i'm using the wrong CSC. now it's working fine

• 2 months later...
Guest Dwarlor

Hi,

I've been using your rom for quite some time now and it has served me well... Many thanks for that ;)

However... one thing I can't get to work.

Automatic rotation of the screen when typing a SMS isn't working, so I set button 2 to rotate the screen. This works until I restart the phone.

Is there a way to make autorotate working, or to make my phone remember my button settings?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Forgot: I'm using Windows Mobile 6.5.3 build 23128 RC2 (If I'm not mistaking).

Edited by Dwarlor