Htc Sense 2018 ROMs by Speedfrog

Guest Speedfrog

No, I am looking for 6.1 and 23152 is a 6.5.3 rom. I just returned to an older Energy rom based on 29007 (also 6.5.3 and no dithering problem) and finished installing all my default apps. Truth be told it's just as fast as 6.1 rom and the Sense implementation is almost bug free. If only after few hours of use the free ram didn't fall below 40MB... oh well you can't have everything :D. AutoClosePatch does help some in that regard (if it still work in those new roms, of that I am not certain).

If I can't run all my apps to my liking then I will just return to 6.1 or maybe try SPB again....

Guest bobhero
No, I am looking for 6.1 and 23152 is a 6.5.3 rom. I just returned to an older Energy rom based on 29007 (also 6.5.3 and no dithering problem) and finished installing all my default apps.

OK i just tried 23152 lite rom and there is the same dithering problem, as with 21916, so maybe 6.5.3 doesn't automatically cure the dithering. could NRG be adding some sort of tweak?

also, when i tried MS team rom 6.5.3 version, there was also the same dithering issue.

further, I just tested Energy ROM jan 6 21916 with sense 2019 and it has the dithering problem.

Edited by bobhero

I guess different branches of WnMO.... On the other hand from what I read from that article posted above it is possible to easily avoid that issue by modifying wallpapers so simply prepare backgrounds and skins and no visible problem. If newer versions for example do dithering OnTheFly then GDI or DirectDraw is responsible. Anyway I don't have a knowledge to do anything about it, nor do I have enough time to learn about cooking. For now I will stick with what is and wait for Android for Omnia2. It may be a faint hope but a usability factor for Android is great and coupled with great hardware in our phones could make for a great "product". I have a LG GT540 phone as a spare and it is just smoooooth in working. So my next phone will be an Android one (I will reserve judgement on Win7 until I have some time to play with it and there are much more free apps for it) but that will not be for a long time :D

But we are getting off topic here, this is a thread about Speedfrog roms not a personal chat :P

Edited by mat9v

Guest speedfrog

Can anyone confirm this?

Dialer had problem identifying the right name from my sim.

Also in dialing it displayed a different name from the dialed one.

and try this:

im uploading a rom with the 6.5 htc dialer, let me know if you have the same problem. Camera is also fixed. about your WIFI problems i dont know.

link

Guest bobhero
I guess different branches of WnMO.... On the other hand from what I read from that article posted above it is possible to easily avoid that issue by modifying wallpapers so simply prepare backgrounds and skins and no visible problem. If newer versions for example do dithering OnTheFly then GDI or DirectDraw is responsible. Anyway I don't have a knowledge to do anything about it, nor do I have enough time to learn about cooking. For now I will stick with what is and wait for Android for Omnia2. It may be a faint hope but a usability factor for Android is great and coupled with great hardware in our phones could make for a great "product". I have a LG GT540 phone as a spare and it is just smoooooth in working. So my next phone will be an Android one (I will reserve judgement on Win7 until I have some time to play with it and there are much more free apps for it) but that will not be for a long time :D

But we are getting off topic here, this is a thread about Speedfrog roms not a personal chat :P

I just tried the NRG 6.5.3.9 29007 Jan 6 ROM and I can confirm your findings. Hmm, so certain branches of WM 6.5.3 have different graphical results...interesting. Sense looks much better in my opinion when WM does the proper dithering. I'm going to make a thread about this in the general section.

Edit, here the thread:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...uality-problem/

Edited by bobhero

Guest actionboyCZ

Really nice roms, but did you resolve problem with EDIT HOME LAYOUT ? When it restart sense after you touch on it? I found only this and i think thatis not good solution.

Guest actionboyCZ

I know that they are not included, but i put it there from cabs from XDA CHT 2.0 and CHTEditor 2.0

Edited by actionboyCZ

i flashed the JJ1 6.1 21057 sense 2018 ultra lite 05.01 and it booted

try to pull out the battery and see if it work. if not flash with the JJ1 parts

I flash all parts(eboot, phone and csc) of jj1.

After 4 time pull out the battery and power on it worked but after reset not booting again, I test megalite and lite too, they work very nice, but i don't want htc dialer and i love samsung applications.

I got caught a few times on a "does not restart after reboot" problem myself. Then I found out that the rom I've been using had keyboard layouts removed but T9 entries were possible to select. So when I set another T9 language and rebooted the system froze. Had to install all languages/keyboards cab from Rapid and magically it worked well. It's easy to fall into such a trap and think the rom is to blame... :D

EDIT: That's why hard reset works because it restores language settings to default.

Edited by mat9v

Guest speedfrog
I flash all parts(eboot, phone and csc) of jj1.

After 4 time pull out the battery and power on it worked but after reset not booting again, I test megalite and lite too, they work very nice, but i don't want htc dialer and i love samsung applications.

if you dont want htc dialer you can disable it by the regedit in the first post and if you want more samsung programs just install the it from cabs.

Guest actionboyCZ

I flash megalite ROM and did you know, that hard reset not working by dial *2767*3855# Only buttons works. But, it can by problem only in my case. :D

I am interested about ultra lite, going to try it B)

EDIT: Ultra Lite and Lite versions are OK with HR, only megalite has problem. :P

Edited by actionboyCZ

Guest speedfrog
Hi speedfrog,

about 6.5.3 version, is Daskalos Easy Set S3Clock v1.6.20 included? Is it working? I understoold S3Clock works only with 6.5.

yes, its included and it works

Guest actionboyCZ

Hi, hope you help me ;) , when I get a SMS, it do not any sound, any vibrations nothing, it is NOT even on homescreen. But I have set a vibrations and ringtones for text messaging. Using your last Ultra lite rom. Do you know, where can be a problem?

Edited by actionboyCZ