Htc Sense 2018 ROMs by Speedfrog

Guest Speedfrog

can someone upload this, JJ1 6.5 21916 Sense 2018 ROMs 05.01, into another link cos i can't use rapidshare on my PC provided Mr Chef is agreeable. thank in advance

why cant you use rapidshare?

a poll is up :unsure:

Rapidshare is too slow and hangs on some locations.

Waiting for midnight to download the 6.5.3 version.

No wonder speedfrog is your nick

B)

THX

Guest milad ahmadi

hi speedfrog

i test 6.5.3 UltraLite and see this bug : camera wont work! neither with button nor with Camera shortcut in start menu !!!

why cant you use rapidshare?

a poll is up :unsure:

i got the an error message but didn't really jot it down, could be my ISP IP address still not refreshed.

Btw, any sample of the taskbar? no picture hard to poll B)

Guest milad ahmadi
check the link on the poll.

which version is camera not working on? all? B)

EDIT:

Copy this to the windows folder and camera will work :unsure:

in this version :

JJ1 6.5.3 23152 Sense 2018 Ultra Lite ROM

wont work i test :

JJ1 6.5.3 23152 Sense 2018 Mega Lite ROM

and thanks god! camera work but i can't see Samsung settings in this rom ! now how i can change some configs!!!

Guest speedfrog

Samsung settings is not in the Mega Lite ROM, you can install it from here

is it not working in the ultra lite rom, after you copyed the exe file over to the windows folder?

Hi !

Using new 6.1 JJ1 ROM.

Photos & Videos tab does not work. Pressing Albums>Albums again shows a long list of locations with photos but not one of them can be selected. I can click all I want but aside from changing color grey nothing happens.

Is that a framework problem?

Also it means that I can't change any wallpaper for sense.

Can somebody please tell me how to enable full screen weather animation for home tab?

After S3Clock to 1Ghz the animation on weather tab works great :D

Guest speedfrog

as i said in the first post, the 6.1 rom has bugs, because it has problems with the htc framework. one of the bugs is htc album, there is almost nothing in the album that works.

Do you have problems with the camera?

Not really, but then again, almost the first thing I did after flashing new ROM was to replace camera.exe with modified version that changes file naming scheme. You probably know what I mean.

It's unfortunate that album is not working... is there a way to enable weather animation through registry edit? Can I set some wallpaper in the registry and can I somehow set a path for album to read a directory where my photos are stored on SD card?

And finally is there a hope for Sense quality bug to be resolved? I have used ROMs that have it fixed (granted they were not 6.1 ROMs) :D

Keep up that great work !!

Edited by mat9v

Guest speedfrog

i dont think its possible to fix the album in the 6.1 ROM.

wallpaper:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]

"Home.WallpaperMode"=dword:00000002

"CachedBackgroundPath"="\\Your_folder\\Your_folder\\Your picture.jpg"

"HomeBackgroundPath"="\\Your_folder\\Your_folder\\Your picture.jpg"

"Layer2Pageindex"=dword:00000003

favorite folder:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\HTCAlbum]

"favorite_folder"="\\Your_folder"

about sense quality i dont know how to fix it.

BTW: in all the other ROMs i have the modified version of the camera, but i forgot to put it in....

Didn't work..... no luck.

Home.WallpaperMode was already set that way but all I have is a small animation under a clock.

I changed next two entries but I don't know if I set it correctly: \\Storage Card\\wallpapers\\my.jpg

The name suggest PATH no a filename?

The last one was also set already correctly.

Favorite folder is resistant to change :D

Setting it to any directory is futile, next Sense start resets it to <CAMERA>, even changing it while Sense is down does not help.

Maybe I have to change what <CAMERA> means to Sense, suppose there is somewhere a path associated with it.

Can I ask for some more help with it?

Guest bobhero
And finally is there a hope for Sense quality bug to be resolved? I have used ROMs that have it fixed (granted they were not 6.1 ROMs) :D

which roms have the sense quality fixed? i tried 3-4 different omnia2 roms and they all had the same compression artifacts.

Guest bobhero

which roms have the sense quality fixed? i tried 3-4 different omnia2 roms and they all had the same compression artifacts.

Energy Sense ROMs for example, the one I used recently: Energy.OMNIA.29007.Sense2.5.Dec.27.

Unfortunately they are slower and leave dangerously low memory for the user but on the other hand all tabs work ( but that is thanks to WinMO 6.5.3 in place of 6.1 used by Speedfrog in the rom I'm using currently). So if you like eye-candy and are not particularly concerned with running many apps at the same time than you can use them, I on the other hand like to multitask with word/excel/opera/automapa and few others loaded at all time so I stick with 6.1.

If only it was possible to solve some problems with sense on 6.1 I would never look on other roms.

Oh, and they are not compression artifacts but color dithering. Otherwise it would be easy to solve. Problem lies deep in the system AFAIK

Edited by mat9v

Tried the 6.5.3 Lite.

Few issues:

- Camera is not there. Manually added.

- Had problem surfing using my wifi router. DNS was probably not recognized by Pocket IE.

- Dialer had problem identifying the right name from my sim.

Also in dialing it displayed a different name from the dialed one.

- WIFI is randomly waking up even when OFF. Disabling activesync's notification queue did not help.

Sorry if some issues are due to my lack of experience.

:D

Guest redzone321

I know this is a round about way to do it but i know it WORKS to set the background photo.

Use rapids wallpaper changer program it will change the background. Just put the single photo you want in the folder you select in rapids program. then click change photo now for manila / sense 2.5 . it should change. then just close rapids program down if you dont want to rotate wallpapers! i posted a few fixes for sense 6.1 in the standalone 2.5 cab thread from the i920 forum

Didn't work..... no luck.

Home.WallpaperMode was already set that way but all I have is a small animation under a clock.

I changed next two entries but I don't know if I set it correctly: \\Storage Card\\wallpapers\\my.jpg

The name suggest PATH no a filename?

The last one was also set already correctly.

Favorite folder is resistant to change :D

Setting it to any directory is futile, next Sense start resets it to <CAMERA>, even changing it while Sense is down does not help.

Maybe I have to change what <CAMERA> means to Sense, suppose there is somewhere a path associated with it.

Can I ask for some more help with it?

Guest bobhero
Energy Sense ROMs for example, the one I used recently: Energy.OMNIA.29007.Sense2.5.Dec.27.

Oh, and they are not compression artifacts but color dithering. Otherwise it would be easy to solve. Problem lies deep in the system AFAIK

yes the energy ROMs were not good for performance. I think NRG uses sense 2012 in his version. SF, what is the source for the sense 2018 in these ROMs?

@mat9v, about the dithering issue, was there some discussion on this topic before? how did you find this out? do you think this is some sort of driver issue?

was this the topic: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...n-24bpp-images/ ?

thank you.

Edited by bobhero

Yes, that's the source of my "wisdom" in that case, I even converted all my (7300+) wallpapers and sure there is a significant difference in image quality.

Never versions of 6.5.3 builds does not have that quality problem, older ones had in times of IJ3 roms. 6.5.5 seemed to be free of that from the beginning. I still have somewhere GC rom JC1 build 23551 on which I installed Sense in cab form and didn't have a quality problem then. So I suppose it may be a graphic problem or some "future" of GDI that got upgraded as time got by. Still JJ1 version of WinMO 6.1 still has that flaw present. It might be worth experimenting to see if back-porting drivers solves that problem or if possible GDI engine. Energy uses 2018 and 2019 versions in never roms.