Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest Sinistersky
thanks everybody for all the great work you all did.

you made me love android very much so that's why i did order the galaxy s 2.

i hope to have him in about 2 weeks can't wait..

post-610561-1305829939_thumb.jpg

you lucky bastard :P

Guest gregorypro
you lucky bastard :P

"lucky" is not enough. It's the phone of the decade !

How is the android thing rolling?I'm waiting anxiously!

Android system info runs at 100% cpu (also when it is in background), this causes the phone to run at 800mhz. Any ideas why? :P

Oh and if the camera app dies it kills the accelerometer too.

Edited by Yce

Guest hirophang
Just type in Market - battery widget....and you will find a lot of different widgets with percentage! Cheers!

oic, thanks you very much!! muacks!!

Guest lliyany

When will it be finished?

Thank you for your brilliant work!

I'm not technical guy. i am sorry for not testing beta version.

Can anyone tell me when will issue the Ultimate Edition?

Thank you very much!

Guest micmac
Yes, but kernel is not finished now. It's new kernel, not the older which You are currently using.

been a month now, when will next release be...? :P

Guest quato7906

Yeah,I got mine Galaxy s2 2 weeks ago :P....but I still have one white omnia2 backup :rolleyes: ....

Guest hirophang

when i try to key in *#7284#,

my phone prompt out 1 error message : "Connection problem or invalid MMI code",

any 1 here know how to fix this problem?

Guest tjeerdos

YES they just called i will have him tomorrow :P

Guest alexovy

For people that have android on Internal Storage: are you guys able to move the applications to SD to free up memory?

If yes, how? I tried with 10 applications...but I get always "cannot move".

Guest andylau
For people that have android on Internal Storage: are you guys able to move the applications to SD to free up memory?

If yes, how? I tried with 10 applications...but I get always "cannot move".

there seems no way,even installing android on sdcard

Edited by andylau

Guest PuCiNhOOO
can some one explain me why i cant instal application from 20mb or more?

It's a problem on the drive mapping. If you unmount you SDCard, under "Strorage Settings" you can install anything.

Guest carlospaco

Hello, first i want to say GREAT JOB DEV.

I only got one problem, sometimes i can't wake my phone from sleep.

It's not always, but when i connect the charger into my phone it's always wakes up very fast and perfect, and when i don't plug the charger it's wake up but it takes about2 to 3 sec and sometimes it doesn't wake up..... WHY?????

Is there an explanation for this?

Please HELP...

Thanks and sorry for my Englisch

Guest PuCiNhOOO
Hello, first i want to say GREAT JOB DEV.

I only got one problem, sometimes i can't wake my phone from sleep.

It's not always, but when i connect the charger into my phone it's always wakes up very fast and perfect, and when i don't plug the charger it's wake up but it takes about2 to 3 sec and sometimes it doesn't wake up..... WHY?????

Is there an explanation for this?

Please HELP...

Thanks and sorry for my Englisch

I'm using SetCPU and i scent that works better, it spent 2 sec to wake when on battery. I've defined the Performance Settings at WinMo to High, and all works smooth =)

Guest r1c4rd0
It's a problem on the drive mapping. If you unmount you SDCard, under "Strorage Settings" you can install anything.

allready tryed it and didint work, others app worker, ex angrybirds, but not applications more than 20mb.

Guest lol = ^_^

Hey guys what Windows Mobile ROM would you recommend with with the Anroid ROM? I had problems when I used a custom cooked ROM so I reverted back to official ROM. After that almost all of my android problems were solved :rolleyes: . Is is Vodoo Magic or a fact?? Will be waiting for you replys :P

Guest PuCiNhOOO
Hey guys what Windows Mobile ROM would you recommend with with the Anroid ROM? I had problems when I used a custom cooked ROM so I reverted back to official ROM. After that almost all of my android problems were solved :rolleyes: . Is is Vodoo Magic or a fact?? Will be waiting for you replys :P

I'm using Windroid ROM, and have almost none problems in Froyo

Edited by PuCiNhOOO

Guest alexovy

I think it has nothing to do with the WM Rom. I have stock WM and I use android from the first days. Everything is "voodoo magic", like you said. I tried Ext2, Ext3, Ext4, internal storage, SD, everything and after a couple of months of using android on my Omnia I can say that every thing comes randomly. I had no problem when installing every version, and after couple of days (with Froyo B1 more) I got freeze or SOD, or whatever. Then, every time I say I will be using WM until next beta comes out, but the next day I turn to android again :P and every thing runs perfect for couple of days more until it freezes again or I don't know what happens :rolleyes:.

I hope the new release will come with more battery life, radio and the possibility to move the apps to SD and I see that the randomly problems are less and less now with every version thanks to the devs.

Success!

Guest micmac
I think it has nothing to do with the WM Rom. I have stock WM and I use android from the first days. Everything is "voodoo magic", like you said. I tried Ext2, Ext3, Ext4, internal storage, SD, everything and after a couple of months of using android on my Omnia I can say that every thing comes randomly. I had no problem when installing every version, and after couple of days (with Froyo B1 more) I got freeze or SOD, or whatever. Then, every time I say I will be using WM until next beta comes out, but the next day I turn to android again :P and every thing runs perfect for couple of days more until it freezes again or I don't know what happens :rolleyes:.

I hope the new release will come with more battery life, radio and the possibility to move the apps to SD and I see that the randomly problems are less and less now with every version thanks to the devs.

Success!

i'm with you my fren... <_<

Guest Sinistersky
i'm with you my fren... :P

i'm still running froyo beta withouth any problems..and no problems installing apps or w/e...even camera works excellente :rolleyes: so that's 34 days of perfect system

Guest lilfarhad94

hey guys

first you should know is thet i have a 8gb my storage with a 7.15gb patition and a 500mb partition (was already made .it was not made by me).

now i have made a 1.2gb partition for android.

so now i have 3 partitions.

i seted up android and everything was all right..but now i've found a problem..

first on my winmo there are two ''my storage'' now. (my storage and my storage2)

the second one is the 500mb one.

and secondly on android i don't have the first on(the ~6gb ''my storage'') i just have the 500 one.

i don't know what i should make to correct it...-.-.

thx

Guest lilfarhad94

i forgot to ask you something else..

if i put the file o2b3update.tar.gz into my storage and start android there is nothig hepens. all problems are still the and after reboot the file is sill there, too.

should it is becouse of my problem in the first post?

thx

sorry for my bad english.. i'm german :P

Guest lol = ^_^
hey guys

first you should know is thet i have a 8gb my storage with a 7.15gb patition and a 500mb partition (was already made .it was not made by me).

now i have made a 1.2gb partition for android.

so now i have 3 partitions.

i seted up android and everything was all right..but now i've found a problem..

first on my winmo there are two ''my storage'' now. (my storage and my storage2)

the second one is the 500mb one.

and secondly on android i don't have the first on(the ~6gb ''my storage'') i just have the 500 one.

i don't know what i should make to correct it...-.-.

thx

Follow the instructions here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...nstall-updated/ use the WINDOWS installation Original Theme as it is the easiest way to get Android on the O2