Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest shoarmabakpao
Buy android phone stop wasting time!

The developers are busy on doing the job! Just wait for further information and enjoy your perfectly functional android on your Omnia 2!

(Do not use TouchWiz 3.0 because it causes freezes on your phone!)

Guest urkopi
The developers are busy on doing the job! Just wait for further information and enjoy your perfectly functional android on your Omnia 2!

(Do not use TouchWiz 3.0 because it causes freezes on your phone!)

Perfectly functional Android? Are you crazy? :P

Regards! :rolleyes:

Guest skunk 01

Is not ready for daily usage ; but is not so far :P

I tried many configuration and the ones that working well is without a task manager.

I've a sim that work only with 3g and the battery drain is very fast , but with many advice it become usable :

-enable wcdma only

-stop data

I hope for better 3d drivers and optimization on ram usage.

i still use WM with a modified rom , J1 , and is buch better than our android.

Thanks to dev's :rolleyes:

Guest lliyany
Well now I encounterd a new serious problem! The screen froze at the un-lock screen when it was charging!

EDIT: I got android up and running just with a simple reboot but really, I do not like to reboot android because my past experience with android on O2 is that every time you reboot the chance on screwing the system up gets bigger.

The problem we have to wait the Dev. team to solve.

I hope it is not a long time.

Cheer!

Guest lliyany
Buy android phone stop wasting time!

maybe you are right!

but it will be very interesting to put android on omnia2.

If it was perfect, it be awesome

:P

Guest superdupersianz
maybe you are right!

but it will be very interesting to put android on omnia2.

If it was perfect, it be awesome

:P

Actually Omnia 2 is considerably a mid-end phone, and I think it can be compared with most Android phone in current Market (with a good CPU, AMOLED screen, and 5MP camera, and so on) , the only problem that annoys most user is the default OS.

Once this project is done and suitable for daily usage, then it would be flawless for this device.

I've ran a benchmark check for our device and it rates at 540, significantly better than other's Android primary OS phone such as HTC Desire.

post-891029-1306482356_thumb.jpg

Edited by superdupersianz

Guest voyteckst
Actually Omnia 2 is considerably a mid-end phone, and I think it can be compared with most Android phone in current Market (with a good CPU, AMOLED screen, and 5MP camera, and so on) , the only problem that annoys most user is the default OS.

Once this project is done and suitable for daily usage, then it would be flawless for this device.

I've ran a benchmark check for our device and it rates at 590, significantly better than other's Android primary OS phone such as HTC Desire.

HTC Desire has much better result than O2. You're talking probablu about HTC Magic.

Guest superdupersianz
HTC Desire has much better result than O2. You're talking probablu about HTC Magic.

I had once the benchmark result on our omnia 2 was higher than desire and even nexus one.

Guest Mr huan
thanks! elbee72 :P

where is drvlib.dll?

and... show omnia is sph-m8400, not m4800(m4800 is mirage, too old phone :rolleyes: )

maybe send to me beta1 dpram module source and beta2 lastest dpram module source?

i hope detect difference between beta1 module and beta2 module

please send to my email : [email protected]

i hope cooperation

here, korea omnia2 rom(sch-m715, lastest EB07ROM)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MA0X037H

rom files

TOmnia2_Chdls21_PDA EB07.nb0 - it's pda rom

M710_CSC_EB07.csc - it's csc rom

M710_PHONE_EA11_COMMERCIAL.bin - it's phone rom

what is this rom 6.1 or 6.5..?.......i am find rom 6.1 ....i have 6.5 of m710,m715 version english cooked...

Edited by Mr huan

I had once the benchmark result on our omnia 2 was higher than desire and even nexus one.

Which drivers are you using? On my phone the results are very low.

Could you link or post it?

Guest andylau

me too,here is my benchmark ,there can be higher if i change my slow sd card of only c2 speed

post-700111-1306485834_thumb.jpg

Guest lilfarhad94

sorry for my speech...-.-

i think you didn't understand my problem.

my problem is thet i see two 'my storsges' at windows mobile. and at androd there is just one storage ...which is not the right.

but thx for your help :P

Edited by lilfarhad94

Guest alexovy

My benchmarks results are also right beneath Galaxy S, much better then Desire. Either the Desire score is wrong, or our Omnia is really powerful :P

Guest andylau
sorry for my speech...-.-

i think you didn't understand my problem.

my problem is thet i see two 'my storsges' at windows mobile. and at androd there is just one storage ...which is not the right.

but thx for your help :P

you can format your "my storage" by SDFormatter below

select OPTION

FORMAT TYPE:FULL(Erase ON)

FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT:ON

Format

this will swap out any partitions on your "my storage"

Panasonic_SDFormatter_________.zip

Guest superdupersianz
My benchmarks results are also right beneath Galaxy S, much better then Desire. Either the Desire score is wrong, or our Omnia is really powerful :P

+1

Guest superdupersianz
me too,here is my benchmark ,there can be higher if i change my slow sd card of only c2 speed

How come your I/O rate so high?

Guest superdupersianz
ext4 without journal,you can have a try by insteading sd.cpio.gz in o2beta with file below

I'm running on manual installation, have no idea how to apply updates through manual installation though.

Guest thematias

Hi!

I have a little question.

I'm using a 2 Gb SD Card and after i installed Android I had some problems with it so I wanted to do a fresh install. But when I tried to format the card it doesn't show me the 2 Gb free. It keeps the partitions and it shows me that I have only 850 Mb aprox. Could anybody help me to eliminate the partitions when I format the card so it can go back to the 2 Gb of free space?

I hope anybody could answer me.

Thx!

Guest andylau
I'm running on manual installation, have no idea how to apply updates through manual installation though.

just use my file to take place of the same file sd.cpio.gz in o2beta,and install android froyo like your first time again,this can only give a higher benchmark score,there seems to be no other advantages such as more fast or lower battery usage,so its only a skill to cheat ourselves ,in chinese we just call it "浮云", :P

just use my file to take place of the same file sd.cpio.gz in o2beta,and install android froyo like your first time again,this can only give a higher benchmark score,there seems to be no other advantages such as more fast or lower battery usage,so its only a skill to cheat ourselves ,in chinese we just call it "浮云", :P

And what to do if I'm installed it on my storage?