Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest lol = ^_^
I want to remap the back button to the winmo hangup button and the lock/power button to the winmo hangup button, and also to remove any button config on the winmo camera button (keeps crashing when I accidentally press it) I tried following the keymapping below:

Keycodes/Button:

key 158 - Camera button

key 139- Middle button

key 217 - WinMo Back button, near the Camera button

key 231 - Call button

key 115 - Volume Up button

key 114 - Volume Down button

key 116 - Lock and Hangup button

The Functions you can use to map to the keys:

BACK - Back function

MENU - Menu function

SEARCH - Search

HOME - Home function

CALL - Start a call function

VOLUME_UP - Volume up

VOLUME_DOWN - Volume down

POWER - Lock/Screen off function

CAMERA - Start the Camera

Unfortunately, when I restart android, the keymapping doesn't change and worse yet, if I lock the phone, it does not wake up no matter what I do. So, can I know the new keymapping pls (if any) or if it's still that, can I know how I should map it or what I'm doing wrong?

It's still in the beta phase.... From my experiences a remap for this build is not possible, I could be wrong though....

Guest lol = ^_^
I want to remap the back button to the winmo hangup button and the lock/power button to the winmo hangup button, and also to remove any button config on the winmo camera button (keeps crashing when I accidentally press it) I tried following the keymapping below:

Keycodes/Button:

key 158 - Camera button

key 139- Middle button

key 217 - WinMo Back button, near the Camera button

key 231 - Call button

key 115 - Volume Up button

key 114 - Volume Down button

key 116 - Lock and Hangup button

The Functions you can use to map to the keys:

BACK - Back function

MENU - Menu function

SEARCH - Search

HOME - Home function

CALL - Start a call function

VOLUME_UP - Volume up

VOLUME_DOWN - Volume down

POWER - Lock/Screen off function

CAMERA - Start the Camera

Unfortunately, when I restart android, the keymapping doesn't change and worse yet, if I lock the phone, it does not wake up no matter what I do. So, can I know the new keymapping pls (if any) or if it's still that, can I know how I should map it or what I'm doing wrong?

It's still in the beta phase.... From my experiences a remap for this build is not possible, I could be wrong though....

Guest mur4d

:D)-->

QUOTE(lol = :D @ Jun 2 2011, 16:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you can remap the keys by modifying s3c-keypad.kl

Guest llaa51
:D)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lol = :D @ Jun 2 2011, 16:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's still in the beta phase.... From my experiences a remap for this build is not possible, I could be wrong though....

you can remap the keys by modifying s3c-keypad.kl

Ty! Works perfectly! Btw, if anyone wants to remap their middle, call, hangup, and winmo lock button to home, menu, back and lock/power respectively(this layout seems more realistic and in line with other android phones doesn't it), replace some of the entries in s3c-keypad.kl with the respective entries below:

key 26 BACK

key 231 MENU

key 102 HOME

key 116 POWER WAKE

If you want, you can remap the key 217 (default home button) to something else except CAMERA or if u want, u can have 2 home buttons ^^. Here's a link to the post where u can find the key layout functions (scroll down the post and you'll find it): http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...e-omnia-2-info/

Guest sambosat

I'm not sure if anyone has the same problems that I face. When the screen locks after 1 min, the phone stays black and can not bring it back to life. Also the camera keeps crashing and does not want to start. I know that this is a beta version but want to know if these things happen to me only

Guest llaa51
I'm not sure if anyone has the same problems that I face. When the screen locks after 1 min, the phone stays black and can not bring it back to life. Also the camera keeps crashing and does not want to start. I know that this is a beta version but want to know if these things happen to me only

Well, if you press the hardware camera button, I can assure you that it would not start, and that it would actually freeze your phone. Camera works for me though(by pressing the camera app on the app drawer)

Guest sambosat
Well, if you press the hardware camera button, I can assure you that it would not start, and that it would actually freeze your phone. Camera works for me though(by pressing the camera app on the app drawer)

Thanks. I do the same thing you do but it crashes. I really hope that they really come out with a final stable version that we can enjoy

Guest mathsafert

Dear all expert

I have samsung sch m-715 omnia ii, I tried froyo, display panic kernal

I want to use android os on my phone

Guest lol = ^_^
Dear all expert

I have samsung sch m-715 omnia ii, I tried froyo, display panic kernal

I want to use android os on my phone

This is for the Omnia II GT-i8000 not m-715.... So it really won't work... Sorry

Guest llaa51

Has anyone experienced this:

1) You run Android on your i8000

2) You have vmware loaded with Ubuntu open on your computer

3) You plug in your i8000 (with Android running)

4) Your phone freezes.

I tried it on other scenarios in which Ubuntu is not running on my computer and the phone doesn't crash. Now I'm wondering if this is actually a bug experienced by most.

Guest Sinistersky

even though the devs aren't reading this forum ( i think :D ) i shall voice my opinion... An update fixing 3g and battery would be nice about right now :D By that i mean the ridiculous amount of battery the 3g hogs :o

even though the devs aren't reading this forum ( i think :D ) i shall voice my opinion... An update fixing 3g and battery would be nice about right now :o By that i mean the ridiculous amount of battery the 3g hogs :(

The windows drains the battery the same way as the android when connected to 3g. So maybe the android never disconnect from the internet? :D

Guest Sinistersky
The windows drains the battery the same way as the android when connected to 3g. So maybe the android never disconnect from the internet? :D

on wm i can stay with 3g on for days...on the droid it's only about 8 hours :D and that's like the max i can get out of it

Guest Extremegmx
even though the devs aren't reading this forum ( i think :D ) i shall voice my opinion... An update fixing 3g and battery would be nice about right now :o By that i mean the ridiculous amount of battery the 3g hogs :(

You don't have any problems with SoD ? :D

Guest Sinistersky
You don't have any problems with SoD ? :D

nope :D only this 3g thing and it stutters a bit from time to time...but that's due to lack of RAM...i just wish they would fix the 3g hogging battery..so i can keep it on for at least 16 hours :o

Guest Extremegmx

Have you done something specific like setcpu or not ? How did you installed it ? I don't understand how different can Android run on the same devices! :D

Guest Sinistersky
Have you done something specific like setcpu or not ? How did you installed it ? I don't understand how different can Android run on the same devices! :D

i got nothing, regular install through ubuntu on my storage with 1.01 GB space on it...

Guest xudsa II USERT
Has anyone experienced this:

1) You run Android on your i8000

2) You have vmware loaded with Ubuntu open on your computer

3) You plug in your i8000 (with Android running)

4) Your phone freezes.

I tried it on other scenarios in which Ubuntu is not running on my computer and the phone doesn't crash. Now I'm wondering if this is actually a bug experienced by most.

On Ubuntu in LiveCD, I don't experience this. My phone, in Android, justs go into sleep mode.

Guest nenseh
OK,here is what I did:

1.Install VMWare Player

2.Download UBUNTU 32 bit version from here http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

3.Install Ubuntu

4.Download & install MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition

5.Take your phone ,go to Samsung Settings USB settings and set USB Connection to My Storage

6.Back up your My Storage to Storage Card (or you will loose all data there)

7.Connect the phone to the PC-> it will connect like mass storage device

8.Open MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition,select the Storage device Samsung and delete the partition->then click create and create 1020 Mb(in my case of 2 GB Internal Storage) FAT 32 partition(give it a name like disk0 without space),there will be left about 1 GB unallocated storage->select right button,click create partition format EXT2 (or EXT3) with a name like disk and select APPLY!->your My Storage will be formatted!!!you will see only 1 GB Storage device in My Computer in Windows.

(EDIT: You can format in the UBUNTU also with Disk Utility ,but first use Unmount storage.)

9.Copy the entire beta1024 folder content on the root of the storage device in Windows! ,not the folder,the content with Android files: ext2.targz default.txt zImage o2beta folder Haret.exe and o2bupdate.tar.gz

10.Disconnect phone & launch VMWare Player and run UBUNTU.

11.connect the phone, it will be recognized like android storage device.

12.In the Ubuntu go to Applications-Accessories run Terminal,--> write down this:

sudo cp /media/disk0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/ and wait untill finishes

after that write:

cd /media/disk/ there will be a line like : cd /media/disk$

you must write down this after this line:

sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk

(edit: you can also extract all you o2bupdate.tar.gz to system with above methods)

And you go,all the content of ext2.tar.gz will be extracted to disk (in this case Android partition) -> at the end of extraction unplug the phone from PC

13.Turn of the VMWare Plater & Ubuntu, plug the USB with the phone to PC again and edit the line:

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init" to this:

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 init=/init"[/b and save it (EDIT: if you get kernel panic you can try mmcblk0p6 ,or mmcblk0p2 if you have a ext3 partition)

14.Unplug phone -> and run Haret exe from the root of My Storage not from inside o2beta folder

And you are ready to test :D

sorry I dont have time post guide with pictures because haven't much time may be someone can make it but it is already posted youtube video how is done here:

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/322429/...8000/page/700/#

Regards & thanks to the developres provided this great work to all us!

Ekremsky

i tried this, the result my storage is unrecognized after i do partition with minitool,

please help how can i get back my storage, try to reset but it said "my storage is unavailable"

many thanks before

Guest rom_omnia2

Guys, two months later and i'm still with account problem. Can't use market, etc.

Says that have a problem with my connection and don't connect. Some news about it?

Thanks, Beta 2 works fine. Just Froyo have this problem.

Guest shoarmabakpao
Guys, two months later and i'm still with account problem. Can't use market, etc.

Says that have a problem with my connection and don't connect. Some news about it?

Thanks, Beta 2 works fine. Just Froyo have this problem.

Just use the installer with everything in it such as all drivers to let it work properly on games+working market.

Guest rom_omnia2
Just use the installer with everything in it such as all drivers to let it work properly on games+working market.

What exactly do you mean?

I did the install with Linux. Extracting ext4.tar.gz into ext4 partition and puting 3D drivers into /system/lib directory.

Android works fine, just can't connect to my account. Thanks!

Guest shoarmabakpao
What exactly do you mean?

I did the install with Linux. Extracting ext4.tar.gz into ext4 partition and puting 3D drivers into /system/lib directory.

Android works fine, just can't connect to my account. Thanks!

I used the windows installer with my internal storage. Works flawless!