Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest urkopi
Hey guys, any idea when they'd implement auto-focus for the camera?

Without any news since 18 of April...

Dev's, Can you tell us how the proyect is? In what are you working now?

You make our O2's a better smartphone, THANKS DEVS! :mellow:

:o Regards! :D

Guest falconp

I have installed beta 3 in internal memory (I make a ext4 partition) but I lost the fat32 partition. FAT 32 partition exist and I can mount with:

mount -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage

Can I auto-mount this partition on boot? (There is not fstab file, instead that there is vold.fstab and can't find out the way to work it.)

Thanks devs!!

Guest urkopi
I have installed beta 3 in internal memory (I make a ext4 partition) but I lost the fat32 partition. FAT 32 partition exist and I can mount with:

mount -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage

Can I auto-mount this partition on boot? (There is not fstab file, instead that there is vold.fstab and can't find out the way to work it.)

Thanks devs!!

falconp, if "mmcblk0p1" don't work, try with "mmcblk0p5"

Reagards! :mellow:

--------------------------------------------------------

falconp, puede que la partición este montada en el 0p5 porque puede haber una partición extendida (Extended partition) a la que siempre se le llama 0p5 (En FAT32), la 0p6 suele ser la que esta en EXT4 y la 0p1 es la partición extendida que no tiene nada de espacio!

Saludos! :o

Guest adaze
So, has anyone found a way to access an SD card in the Froyo beta?

I have tried a couple of modifications to the vold.fstab file, but it's not working.

Has anyone solved this? This is about the only thing that isn't working with my Ext4 install of Beta3

The camera can open up but won't let me take photos, as there is no SD card. Also downloads won't download due to the lack of SD Card....

Guest adaze
Has anyone solved this? This is about the only thing that isn't working with my Ext4 install of Beta3

The camera can open up but won't let me take photos, as there is no SD card. Also downloads won't download due to the lack of SD Card....

OK answered my own question!

The answer is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in.../t-1040025.html

If your too lazy to work it out, like me!

I fixed it by booting back to WinMo and connecting by USB to Windows, go to Settings > USB connection. Change to mass storage and then to SD Card (from My Storage). CThe SD Card should now be visible in Windows. Format the SD Card from Windows. Re-boot back to Android. It should "prepare" the SD Card, all works. :mellow:

Even the camera, its just sloooow.

The only thing I can't do now is connect Android to a PC

Edited by adaze

Guest 95ka

Anybody have solution for this two things:

1. I have enabled autorotate but not working

2. I install one Widget, remove this widget, but still stay in desktop and when i will remove it to the recycle then i see the message: The process android.process. acore has stopped unxpectedly. Please try again - Force close. So i can't remove it.

Thanks for time and help

Guest hovensy

hi all,

I just got my O2 yesterday and would like to try android for it since I tried it in my HTC Diamond.. I copied all needed files and run haret.. at first it was ok but it stopped detecting that there is no SD card inserted. Sorry for this question but do I need an SD card to install it, in my HTC Diamond it is not needed.. Again, sorry for a newbie question.

More power and thanks everyone.

Guest Sim Kai Long
Without any news since 18 of April...

Dev's, Can you tell us how the proyect is? In what are you working now?

You make our O2's a better smartphone, THANKS DEVS! :mellow:

:o Regards! :D

Yeah, I'd love to hear from the devs occasionally too.

Guest dajlourenco
hi all,

I just got my O2 yesterday and would like to try android for it since I tried it in my HTC Diamond.. I copied all needed files and run haret.. at first it was ok but it stopped detecting that there is no SD card inserted. Sorry for this question but do I need an SD card to install it, in my HTC Diamond it is not needed.. Again, sorry for a newbie question.

More power and thanks everyone.

I think you should try to read the tutorials...

Guest falconp
falconp, if "mmcblk0p1" don't work, try with "mmcblk0p5"

Reagards! :mellow:

--------------------------------------------------------

falconp, puede que la partición este montada en el 0p5 porque puede haber una partición extendida (Extended partition) a la que siempre se le llama 0p5 (En FAT32), la 0p6 suele ser la que esta en EXT4 y la 0p1 es la partición extendida que no tiene nada de espacio!

Saludos! :o

Thanks for the answer urkopi.

When I installed beta 3 I delete all memory and I made 2 partitions: FAT32 (mmcblk0p1) and EXT4 (mmcblk0p2). I don't have exteded partition at all. I am sure that mmcblk0p1 mounts because I was able to mount it! But I didn't found what file I need to edit to mount this partition at boot time.

There is not a /etc/fstab file. I don't know to use properly vold.fstab because I try it and the disk don't mount.

Thanks again!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hola Urkopi,

Si que soy capaz de montar y tengo localizada la partición pero mi problema es que no se cual es el archivo de configuración que debo modificar para montar la particion en el arranque.

No sé si puedo añadir un /etc/fstab y montarla. Existe un archivo llamado vold.fstab con otra sintaxis que no me ha funcionado.

Saludos!!

Edited by falconp

Guest hovensy
I think you should try to read the tutorials...

I did.. that is why I asked if it is possible to install android without the need of an sd card since I have a 16gig internal memory.. thanks

Guest urkopi
Thanks for the answer urkopi.

When I installed beta 3 I delete all memory and I made 2 partitions: FAT32 (mmcblk0p1) and EXT4 (mmcblk0p2). I don't have exteded partition at all. I am sure that mmcblk0p1 mounts because I was able to mount it! But I didn't found what file I need to edit to mount this partition at boot time.

There is not a /etc/fstab file. I don't know to use properly vold.fstab because I try it and the disk don't mount.

Thanks again!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hola Urkopi,

Si que soy capaz de montar y tengo localizada la partición pero mi problema es que no se cual es el archivo de configuración que debo modificar para montar la particion en el arranque.

No sé si puedo añadir un /etc/fstab y montarla. Existe un archivo llamado vold.fstab con otra sintaxis que no me ha funcionado.

Saludos!!

Bale falconp en cuanto pueda te subiré los dos archivos para que no tengas ningún problema!

Saludos!

Guest Speedfrog
I did.. that is why I asked if it is possible to install android without the need of an sd card since I have a 16gig internal memory.. thanks

go to page 289 last post, and somewhere in between page 290 and 320 there is a update that fix market and google talk. it will be named froyo.iso or fr.iso or something with iso :mellow:

Guest hovensy
go to page 289 last post, and somewhere in between page 290 and 320 there is a update that fix market and google talk. it will be named froyo.iso or fr.iso or something with iso :mellow:

thanks speedfrog.. I'll try it.. I used Almars method in my first.. hope the iso installation works.. thanks again

Guest Sim Kai Long
Working on kernel 2.6.32 and Froyo optimizations.

Great to hear. But is there any work being done for a permanent Market fix for everyone?

Mine seems erratic. Working only once in a while.

Guest ritchietos
Great to hear. But is there any work being done for a permanent Market fix for everyone?

Mine seems erratic. Working only once in a while.

try this bundle every thing works google sign over wifi

no sd card problem ,wifi works ...........

working for 7 days now on my phone no sleep of dead jet and battery last aboud a day an a half

its easy to install and ready in 3 min u just need ubuntu

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...nstall-updated/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1066313

Edited by ritchietos

Guest Tortipower

Hallo to the Dev`s, great work.

Can you tell me if you make the bluetooth working soon?

I need it for my car.

Thanks

Guest Shadowlord666
OK answered my own question!

The answer is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in.../t-1040025.html

If your too lazy to work it out, like me!

I fixed it by booting back to WinMo and connecting by USB to Windows, go to Settings > USB connection. Change to mass storage and then to SD Card (from My Storage). CThe SD Card should now be visible in Windows. Format the SD Card from Windows. Re-boot back to Android. It should "prepare" the SD Card, all works. :mellow:

Even the camera, its just sloooow.

The only thing I can't do now is connect Android to a PC

Thanks, I've tried that now - but I still can't access my SD card when using Android.

This is getting really frustrating...

Could someone please tell me the right config for the vold.fstab file?

Android is installed on the SD card using the auto installer. Don't know whether this does matter or not.

Currently the last line of my vold.fstab looks like this:

dev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc1 #/mmc1:0001

Guest skunk 01

I need to be always in 3G , because my operator work only on it , someone can tell how to kill permanently all the apps that used the connection?

My battery drain is too fast , 6 hour and i've the battery on 30%....

Edited by skunk 01