Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest problematika
Using Froyo beta 2 for a few days now without too much trouble what ???? WHERE IS froyo BETA 2 ?????

You can find it on www.NASA.com ! -.- :unsure:

Guest alexovy

does anybody know how to move applications to SD? I don't have free space anymore :unsure:

I tried from the applications menu, but it is not working.

Guest vd69
does anybody know how to move applications to SD? I don't have free space anymore :unsure:

I tried from the applications menu, but it is not working.

Ap2sd

Guest kenzoo

Hi all,

Just to share with some more my setting after been playing around for this release pack.

1. To install, definitely you've to use the method of installing via ubuntu to make 'my storage' as ext4. For my case I partition it to 2GB for ext4, the rest of the partition still using as FAT32 to stored my winmo files.

2. I believe that many ppl had encountered battery drain usage, me too. Understand that the main root caused is due to the signal boosted too strong, however after some fine tunes now my battery can last for a day, here are what I've done so far,

a.) Install setcpu, set a profile when screen turn off, downgrade to min 66mhz and max 266mhz. You can add in more profile to suit yr own.

b.) Install terminal, enter below command,

$ su

# top

From the top command I can see that one of the service of my email daemon keep running all the time and with the CPU usage of 15% and it had caused my battery keep draining. Hence from there I've changed my email synchronization manually to prevent every hr from syncing.

Also setup another profile while charging via USB and adapter, after lower down the CPU while charging notice that battery can fully charged within 4hrs.

P/S: Airplane mode method doesn't work for me.

c) To change the network to 2G only, also turn off data plan. You can install a shortcut called 2G-3G OnOff via market.

d) Turn off Google map service. At the same time you can go to Settngs-> Location & Security settings -> Use wireless networks (Disable it)

e) Install Task killer, to exclude some default system service adw launcher. And kill most of the unwanted application, try to maintain the memory at 50MB. Less than 30MB the phone will become very lagging.

f) To correct the time zone use the method of adjusting timezone at winmo to GMT+0, but be awared some of the calandar tasks might have problem.

g) Install autostarts to prevent unwanted application start up automatically after boot up.

Now battery drain usage problem was gone and my battery no longer having heat problem except using wifi.

Just the 2cents of my tricks.

Guest sahcan
Hi,HERE IS THE SOLUTION:

1.Put the time Region in Windows Mobile to London GMT;

2.Set your time in Windows ;

3.Run Android and set your time,you will notice thet time works correctly then

Also I notice that after doing this GTalk detects correct time settings and logs in,and therefore MARKET Also works always,downloads & installs apps!!!.

Test it!

Regards,Ekremsky

quote 7906 hi

are you have new iso for froyo 2,2 with all fix specials for batery

thanx for helps

Guest firefly2k3
Hi,HERE IS THE SOLUTION:

1.Put the time Region in Windows Mobile to London GMT;

2.Set your time in Windows ;

3.Run Android and set your time,you will notice thet time works correctly then

Also I notice that after doing this GTalk detects correct time settings and logs in,and therefore MARKET Also works always,downloads & installs apps!!!.

Test it!

Regards,Ekremsky

Best way which works for me is to set the time in Android and toggle 24 Hrs display check-box. The time gets updated immediately on status bar and works correctly thereafter.

~Firefly

Guest blackpanther
Using Froyo beta 2 for a few days now without too much trouble what ???? WHERE IS froyo BETA 2 ?????

oops.. pardon me should be beta 1. sorry about that.

Guest marisaleh

Has anybody tried to install Adobe Flash 10.1.

It is not available on the Market.

Tried to install the .apk but it keeps failing.

Alternatively, how do you make it play flash for example BBC iplayer

Guest voyteckst
Yeah, hope so!! (: 2 days ago already like that. Wondering about it too.

No. No new version for now. These are only internal server problems.

Guest mat9v

there is no finished firefox for android on market

you can try "fennec" - that is a browser by mozilla for android

you can find betas of both on mozilla mobile site

Guest ajpb luso

I have the new beta 1 Froyo to work 100% in class 6 sd card!

The firmware I have on my i8000 is much I8000NXXJJ1 csc, phone pda.Depois how to analyze all possible because it took so much battery with the android I realized that running Windows mobile radio remained active even after the android born!

I'm testing the Froyo started off with the radio on Windows Mobile and so far I have almost five hours with Froyo and my battery level is 93% ...

Make the tests if there happens to you the same!

Excuse my English! Loool

Guest eskyo
No. No new version for now. These are only internal server problems.

IMHO it should be realased on the official site an update pack solving clock and SDcard mount problems.

Guest problematika
I have the new beta 1 Froyo to work 100% in class 6 sd card!

The firmware I have on my i8000 is much I8000NXXJJ1 csc, phone pda.Depois how to analyze all possible because it took so much battery with the android I realized that running Windows mobile radio remained active even after the android born!

I'm testing the Froyo started off with the radio on Windows Mobile and so far I have almost five hours with Froyo and my battery level is 93% ...

Make the tests if there happens to you the same!

Excuse my English! Loool

What you did on your phone for these 5 hours (calls, sms, playing games etc.)? Because it seems like normal battery comsuption... Cheers! :unsure: