Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest carlospaco
i'm still running froyo beta withouth any problems..and no problems installing apps or w/e...even camera works excellente :P so that's 34 days of perfect system
Hey sinistersky, i am using android for about know 3weeks. It works great , but only thing is that sometimes it doesnt wake up. Some days i haven't got the problem and somrtimes i do. BUt for the rest its almost perfect for me.

Are you using anyprograms for it(sleeping problem).

Sorry for my englisch and thanks everybody

Guest Sinistersky
Hey sinistersky, i am using android for about know 3weeks. It works great , but only thing is that sometimes it doesnt wake up. Some days i haven't got the problem and somrtimes i do. BUt for the rest its almost perfect for me.

Are you using anyprograms for it(sleeping problem).

Sorry for my englisch and thanks everybody

no not really...just setcpu with 133-800

Guest carlospaco
no not really...just setcpu with 133-800
i want to install setcpu but it says something like not paarsing. i have install android on my storage with ubuntu

. can i also use cpuboost. is that same

.thanks

Guest lol = ^_^
i want to install setcpu but it says something like not paarsing. i have install android on my storage with ubuntu

. can i also use cpuboost. is that same

.thanks

Yep. Both are the same :P

Guest sambosat

Hi guys. I'm an O2 user and wanted to try to install android. Here is what I have done.

1- I have formatted my 8GB SDHC using start>>settings>>>memory settings>>storage card

2- 8GB is FAT32

3- downloaded the latest froyo_beta1_1024.zip from the site and extracted it

4- copied content of froyo_beta1_1024.zip to my storage on the omnia 2

5- following files were copied: o2beta folder (contains haret, sd.cpio, startup, zImage), ext4.tar, haret, startup, zImage

6- from folder o2beta, I opened haret.exe.

7- Android starts installing and then reaches the point where it says Untar ext4.

8- after that it says Done and rebooting

9- then 2 sec after I get the kernel panic (kernel panic- not syncing:attempt to kill init)

then it reboots but cant run android.

what have I done wrong and how can this be solved.

PS. I think this panic message means that Android was not able to boot

Can anyone from this great community help please

Thanks in advance

Guest nikkotsoi
Hi guys. I'm an O2 user and wanted to try to install android. Here is what I have done.

1- I have formatted my 8GB SDHC using start>>settings>>>memory settings>>storage card

2- 8GB is FAT32

3- downloaded the latest froyo_beta1_1024.zip from the site and extracted it

4- copied content of froyo_beta1_1024.zip to my storage on the omnia 2

5- following files were copied: o2beta folder (contains haret, sd.cpio, startup, zImage), ext4.tar, haret, startup, zImage

6- from folder o2beta, I opened haret.exe.

7- Android starts installing and then reaches the point where it says Untar ext4.

8- after that it says Done and rebooting

9- then 2 sec after I get the kernel panic (kernel panic- not syncing:attempt to kill init)

then it reboots but cant run android.

what have I done wrong and how can this be solved.

PS. I think this panic message means that Android was not able to boot

Can anyone from this great community help please

Thanks in advance

u should wait after "done and rebooting in30seconds..

it will say panic

but it will still reboot

then open the haret.exe in my storage not o2beta

Guest sambosat
u should wait after "done and rebooting in30seconds..

it will say panic

but it will still reboot

then open the haret.exe in my storage not o2beta

Thanks for the reply. I did do what you said but now when running haret.exe from root (ie. my storage) I get the following message that never stops

request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at xxxxxxxxxx

Guest ricvec
Thanks for the reply. I did do what you said but now when running haret.exe from root (ie. my storage) I get the following message that never stops

request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at xxxxxxxxxx

It's due to the driver 3D.

For Developers: I just want to say to go on with this amazing project. A lot of people are waiting fot it :-)

Guest Cesar Zuniga
eh... it,s hard to find the right post which contain the 3d patch,even that i have looked for the patch over 6 pages in that forum.

how terrible my english is!

friend comes here to see how to install updates of the 2D and 3D libraries http://goo.gl/VFnHy

Guest lliyany

sorry. I want to ask questions.

Is the android system on omnia2 independent, whether it relys on Windows Mobile system?

If it relys on WM, what is the effect?

such as the running speed, heat productivity.

Thanks!

:P

Guest sambosat
sorry. I want to ask questions.

Is the android system on omnia2 independent, whether it relys on Windows Mobile system?

If it relys on WM, what is the effect?

such as the running speed, heat productivity.

Thanks!

:P

After a while I was finally able to run Android but the battery died really fast. It seems that Android and WM are running at the same time (correct me if I'm wrong)

How can we boot Android without booting it from WM and if it is not the case how can we save on battery life

Thanks

Guest alexovy
After a while I was finally able to run Android but the battery died really fast. It seems that Android and WM are running at the same time (correct me if I'm wrong)

How can we boot Android without booting it from WM and if it is not the case how can we save on battery life

Thanks

use dual boot software. You find couple of them if you read the help thread. You find the link on the first page.

Guest sambosat
use dual boot software. You find couple of them if you read the help thread. You find the link on the first page.

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the first page and couldn't find the dual boot. I checked google and found some dual boot but not for foryo android for xdandroid and does not seem to work with this one.

Thanks for your help guys at least I have android running now and until I find the dual boot I will be more cautious to use it so not to drain the battery

Guest thew0lf
Thanks for the reply. I have checked the first page and couldn't find the dual boot. I checked google and found some dual boot but not for foryo android for xdandroid and does not seem to work with this one.

Thanks for your help guys at least I have android running now and until I find the dual boot I will be more cautious to use it so not to drain the battery

You are wrong. At no point WinMo and android are running at the same time. Haret, the bootloader, loads the linux kernel and gives it full control over the hardware. The whole physical memory is granted to android and thus WinMo is fully unloaded.

Guest sambosat
You are wrong. At no point WinMo and android are running at the same time. Haret, the bootloader, loads the linux kernel and gives it full control over the hardware. The whole physical memory is granted to android and thus WinMo is fully unloaded.

Thank you for the clarifications, so can you help me then with the battery. It drains super fast. You have any idea why is that?

Thank you for the help

Guest PuCiNhOOO
Thank you for the clarifications, so can you help me then with the battery. It drains super fast. You have any idea why is that?

Thank you for the help

That's because you use it too much :P

The batery, in normal utilization (sms, calls, some music, wi-fi and 3G data connection (about 1h) it lasts for about 16h at max.

If you are allways on the web or something like thats, that is normal :rolleyes:

Guest shoarmabakpao

Great, 84 hours ago I installed android on My Storage and never booted back to windows since then. Android is working solid, no error's, no slow-downs, no crazy battery drain (it lasts easily a whole day on my own use). This is great!

84 hours of uptime without a single crash, or SOD or blablabla!

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest sambosat
That's because you use it too much :P

The batery, in normal utilization (sms, calls, some music, wi-fi and 3G data connection (about 1h) it lasts for about 16h at max.

If you are allways on the web or something like thats, that is normal :rolleyes:

Thanks again you guys. Now I'm liking Android more and more but when I leave it for a while the screen shuts down and it never comes back unless I remove the battery and reboot

Guest lliyany

Thank you! I like the independent system. Wating for the new issue. cheers!

Guest lliyany
Great, 84 hours ago I installed android on My Storage and never booted back to windows since then. Android is working solid, no error's, no slow-downs, no crazy battery drain (it lasts easily a whole day on my own use). This is great!

84 hours of uptime without a single crash, or SOD or blablabla!

Great! without screen shutting down ?

What is your wm system before install ANdroid

Guest shoarmabakpao
Great! without screen shutting down ?

What is your wm system before install ANdroid

Well now I encounterd a new serious problem! The screen froze at the un-lock screen when it was charging!

EDIT: I got android up and running just with a simple reboot but really, I do not like to reboot android because my past experience with android on O2 is that every time you reboot the chance on screwing the system up gets bigger.

Edited by shoarmabakpao