Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest andylau
And what to do if I'm installed it on my storage?

1.you must have two partition in your "my storage",one of them is fat32 to restore the install files,the other can be any type and any size(>512M for usage or >1G for more storage) as you like,but you must make the other one partition,the program will format it to ext4;

2.take place of the same files in o2beta with attachments in post #6813;

3.new a file named "installinternal" without extension and put it in the root of my storage;

4.then run "haret" twice (firstly in o2beta and secondly in root of my storage,as you know)

for more information,you can go to here

sorry for my english

Edited by andylau

1.you must have two partition in your "my storage",one of them is fat32 to restore the install files,the other can be any type and any size(>512M for usage or >1G for more storage) as you like,but you must make the other one partition,the program will format it to ext4;

2.take place of the same files in o2beta with attachments in post #6813;

3.new a file named "installinternal" without extension and put it in the root of my storage;

4.then run "haret" twice (firstly in o2beta and secondly in root of my storage,as you know)

for more information,you can go to here

sorry for my english

Thank you!

Guest shoarmabakpao
test.jpg

Holy cow! No sh~!T!

You are just showing off. That phone there is the Nr. 1 Phone on the market today!

Congratz on your phone =)

Guest superdupersianz
test.jpg

Why are you posting the benchmark results of your SGS2 over this thread?

I know you want to show off your device but

Hey, this is Omnia 2 thread, not SGS2 thread, so f#$! off. :P

Show your benchmark under your designated thread plz.

Guest Sinistersky
Why are you posting the benchmark results of your SGS2 over this thread?

I know you want to show off your device but

Hey, this is Omnia 2 thread, not SGS2 thread, so f#$! off. :P

Show your benchmark under your designated thread plz.

I agree...GTFO :rolleyes: we don't care

Guest jimmad
I agree...GTFO :P we don't care

:rolleyes:

i still have my omnia2 up and running

and having new phone only means one thing

more "space" to play with 02 and android and compare

i prefer O2 with a stable android with any other phone any day of the week

and for anyone that is thinking to go to S2 i have to say to think it twice the phone is to big and probably will have to use both hands

Guest Sinistersky

I don't care about score...it can stay in this state for all i care... only thing i want is NO HUGE BATTERY DRAIN WHEN USING 2G NETWORKS...seriously...loosing 3 % of battery per minute is ridiculous...and the rest of the world thinks so too...

Edited by Sinistersky

Guest jimmad
I don't care about score...it can stay in this state for all i care... only thing i want is NO HUGE BATTERY DRAIN WHEN USING 2G NETWORKS...seriously...loosing 3 % of battery per minute is ridiculous...and the rest of the world thinks so too...

this is probably caused by setcpu or apps like that

mine last almost 2 days with some wifi 3g and gaming

if i have 3g on it last about 24 hours

Guest Sinistersky
this is probably caused by setcpu or apps like that

mine last almost 2 days with some wifi 3g and gaming

if i have 3g on it last about 24 hours

no, it's caused by unfinished coding... :P

Guest thematias
@thematias

delete the ext2 partition of the SD card.

try using gparted for linux or partition wizard for windows

Thanks very much @genexide! But when I was about to download the partition wizard I tried formatting the card from android and it worked! The 2 Gb appeard! Really odd... But thanks again for your answer!

Now I have another questions: I believe someone asked this before but I cannot find it... How can I make to use My Storage from Android to listen to the music saved there or anything like that if I have installed android in an SD Card?

Other question: If I install Android with the ISO in My Storage do I have any risks with the phone later? I don't know much about Linux and programming so if something happen to the phone I don't know what I'm gonna do... je

Final question: Does anybody have any problem using the Skype app because when I open it it shuts down after 3 or 4 seconds.

Thanks everybody for your answers (I hope somebody answers me...) and I hope we have news soon about new beta...

Guest lliyany
Actually Omnia 2 is considerably a mid-end phone, and I think it can be compared with most Android phone in current Market (with a good CPU, AMOLED screen, and 5MP camera, and so on) , the only problem that annoys most user is the default OS.

Once this project is done and suitable for daily usage, then it would be flawless for this device.

I've ran a benchmark check for our device and it rates at 540, significantly better than other's Android primary OS phone such as HTC Desire.

post-891029-1306482356_thumb.jpg

GREAT!

I'm waiting for the flawless OS.

Who know the deadline. hum. Do Dev. team have? cheero

Guest Sinistersky
GREAT!

I'm waiting for the flawless OS.

Who know the deadline. hum. Do Dev. team have? cheero

nope, it's done when it's done :P

Guest lol = ^_^
Updatings aren't present! All working out is stopped?

This is a hobby of the DEVS! It ain't their job so they don't need to keep on updating it :D . As they say 'It'll be done when it's done" :D

Guest ashburn

:D)-->

QUOTE(lol = :D @ May 29 2011, 23:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a hobby of the DEVS! It ain't their job so they don't need to keep on updating it :o . As they say 'It'll be done when it's done" :(

what i think is all of us have to wait. Just wait i'm sure the dev have something good for us. Just dont let ur guts down. I'm sure they have something in mind of us.

Its like a surprise. The longer we wait the better android is and dev can't always keep up with the demands that we want.

CHEERS TO DEVS!

Guest thematias

Sorry to bother but I would like if somebody could answer my previous post... Here I write it again...

Thanks very much @genexide! But when I was about to download the partition wizard I tried formatting the card from android and it worked! The 2 Gb appeard! Really odd... But thanks again for your answer!

Now I have another questions: I believe someone asked this before but I cannot find it... How can I make to use My Storage from Android to listen to the music saved there or anything like that if I have installed android in an SD Card?

Other question: If I install Android with the ISO in My Storage do I have any risks with the phone later? I don't know much about Linux and programming so if something happen to the phone I don't know what I'm gonna do... je

Final question: Does anybody have any problem using the Skype app because when I open it it shuts down after 3 or 4 seconds.

Thanks everybody for your answers (I hope somebody answers me...) and I hope we have news soon about new beta...

Sorry to bother again...

Guest mrozek

Hi, haven't tried skype yet because it is known issue that Skype works pretty well on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) but does not on 2.2 (FROYO).