Lite ROMs By Speedfrog

Guest Speedfrog

Guest bobhero

Hey speedfrog.

I tried out your "JJ1 6.5 English Semi Lite ROM 05.12" and I like the speed and free ram.

For some reason, unlike every other ROM I have tried, my data connection was not working right away after the flash. I only flashed pda, not CSC, or eboot or phone. I'm investigating to try and figure out why data is not working.

Edit... did "restore connection" and data connection is fixed.

Also, WIFI keeps telling me "incorrect password" even though I'm sure I'm entering the correct pass.

edit.... Maybe it is just my router acting stupid, because I also tried your "JI1 SEMI LITE ROM" and it is still not working.

1 One further comment, if possible, in the future can you please disable by default the "message sent" notification that pops up every time you send a text message. It is the most pointless notification in WM! hehe

2 One question, how can I disable the double lock screen? I would like to be able to unlock by pressing unlock only once. thank you.

3 Also, the black theme in 6.5 roms, I don't see it in the 6.5.3 roms. Do you if there is a theme I can apply to the 6.5.3 roms to turn all the dialogs black? I like to save power :)

Edited by bobhero

Guest speedfrog
1 One further comment, if possible, in the future can you please disable by default the "message sent" notification that pops up every time you send a text message. It is the most pointless notification in WM! hehe

2 One question, how can I disable the double lock screen? I would like to be able to unlock by pressing unlock only once. thank you.

3 Also, the black theme in 6.5 roms, I don't see it in the 6.5.3 roms. Do you if there is a theme I can apply to the 6.5.3 roms to turn all the dialogs black? I like to save power :)

1. ok, will remove it in the next version, but you can install a cab for it disable message sent notification

2. you cant only do it once, but you can disable it: samsung settings-display and light-lock screen-disable lock when device is woken up.

3. black_theme_6.5_JE2.cab this is for 6.5, i dont know if it would work on 6.5.3.

Where can I find cab file for standard Samsung skinned SMS/MMS application?

it is allready in the rom, just go to the windows folder by using a file explorer and copy SMS-MMS to windows-startmenu-programs

Guest Frankf75
Sorry for your misunderstanding!

Off course I installed the cab. But after installing, the phone was frozen :-((

It also don't like the Speedfrog lock screen, but the standard Samsung lock screen or Manila each use more than 6MB of RAM. (Free RAM after boot went from 95.54MB ro 89.19MB)

Luckily we get enough RAM with his great releases.

Guest bobhero
2. you cant only do it once, but you can disable it: samsung settings-display and light-lock screen-disable lock when device is woken up.

Some how the MS team dec10 23150 ROM with sense has only 1 unlock needed, the second unlock screen does not appear. It seems they are still just using the standard winmo lock screen, don't know how they did it.

Also wondering, how do I enable threaded text messaging?

Edited by bobhero

I don't know how it happened but I've noticed that autorotation doesnt work in sms writing... Any clues if it's a rom bug or I made it by mistake while setting up my phone.

I would also like to get a cab for stardard samsung photo viewer (or unlock it if Its hidden).

Cheers Kipps

Guest bobhero
3. black_theme_6.5_JE2.cab this is for 6.5, i dont know if it would work on 6.5.3.

it is allready in the rom, just go to the windows folder by using a file explorer and copy SMS-MMS to windows-startmenu-programs

Thanks I tried the theme but some parts of the windows the text was the same colour as the background and could not be read.

I tried this theme and it has more success:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...chan23-edition/

Guest Bankaiii

Hi Master SpeedFrog :)

I would like something about Updates Phone Post

- You post updates for 6.5.3 and 6.5 so if I use update 6.5.3 and I want use a custom Rom 6.5 it can make a problem ?

- Its better to use updates from 6.5.3 than 6.5 ?

- 6.5.3 updates its for Rom 6.5.3 minimum and higher or its 6.5 updates its for All Rom 6.5 and higher ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Bankaiii

Thank you speedfrog for the collection of ROMs.

I have one little problem while installing Office Mobile 2010. I am currently using "JJ1v.T 6.5 English ROM 05.12" it works great, but I am not able to install office 2010. I tried via Marketplace, and tried by downloading .CAB file, but still unsuccessfully.

is there any solution for this?

Thanks

i have also had problems installing office from marketplace.

Which cab did you try, the one i posted?

http://rapidshare.com/files/400490562/Office_Mobile_2010.cab

yes, I tried every possible .cab available. it tries to install later I get "installation was unsuccessful". I tried on device memory, storage memory.. still the same :)

everything else works just superbly ... and fast. I really wish some solution is available.

Edited by bacchu

Hi,

you need to install Office 2007 first an then update to Office 2010...

Regards

Thanks a lot for this information, I did manage updating to Office 2010 from office 2007.

really appreciate your help.

thx :)

Edited by bacchu

I don't know is it only on my phone but I've noticed that standard samsung lockscreen frequently hangs up on the JJ1 6.5 English Semi Lite ROM.I have to remove battery to make phone work. It happens 2-3 times a day :)

Thanks for these ROMS Speedfrog, it's put new life into my Omnia.

One issue though: when using JI1v.T 6.5.3 English ROM regarding the camera, I can't seem to get it to launch either by the physical camera button or by pressing the camera icon. Any idea why this might be?

try to copy this into windows folder. Camera.rar

Thanks Speedfrog, before I installed the attached, I noticed that the camera icon started working again and was able to activate the camera but the harware buttun still didn't work -- it wouldn't activate the camera nor take any pictures with the camera once it was activated by the icon.

I've since installed the camera.exe file you attached but the hard ware button still doesn't work. It just makes the standard 'beep' when trying to take a picture but no picture.

I only flashed the PDA portion. Would flashing any other part of the phone make a difference?