03/Mar Gr26 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.3.3 / GRI54)

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul,

thanks for clarifying your update policy. Now it is superclear and I know what I can expect. I really appreciate your work and as ususal it is a great ROM.

One question regarding r25: I have seen that the "Reboot" option while pressing the power button leads to a complete hanging system - which means that after pressing "Reboot" nothing happens. From this point I have no control of the complete device anymore and the only way of fixing this is to remove the battery. Does someone else is having this problem?

The Reboot app from the drawer works fine, no issues here.

Need some help,

das_spektakel

Do you have USB debugging enabled?

P

Update!

Prebakes will be up first thing tomorrow, simply haven't time to get them online today!

P

Changelog

03/Mar

• Added Custom Kernel
  • Work to add Desire support
  • Added Microbes wallpaper
  • Updated radio images
  • Other minor optimisations

Guest das_spektakel

P

Didn't make changes there so if you deliver USB-debugging off it was off... Is the state important for the reboot option?

best,

das_spektakel

p.s. nevertheless, it seems that it affects only two users, so a workaround for me could also be to remove the entry from the power-button menu. what's the filename for configuration?

Tried to install r26 with radio image and got an assertion when installing the radio...:

package_extract_file("error.565")

Try to create the ROM once more or is there a bug in the kitchen?

Regards,

BTJ

Edited by BTJ

Guest Pug77

@BTJ - I get the same error with new radio and r26 bundle.

Been using r25 since last night and have seen a definite speed improvement over r24. Running LauncherPro.

Battery life also appears to be improved but still too early to say for sure.

Bravo Paul!

Yes, now it works... Thx... :(

You forgot to change the Build number to r26 but that's not a big deal....

BTJ

Edited by BTJ

Guest mindfrost82
Update!

Prebakes will be up first thing tomorrow, simply haven't time to get them online today!

P

Changelog

03/Mar

• Added Custom Kernel
  • Work to add Desire support
  • Added Microbes wallpaper
  • Updated radio images
  • Other minor optimisations

Does your custom kernel include the audio boost tweak? The stock volume is a little too low for me.

Guest d4rkspike

Wiped my phone, attempted to install with the new radio, got this error:

asset failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot")

E: Error in /sdcard/030311-2236-r26-update-nexusone-modacocustomrom-signed-MD5-ce394d1e23050a6b0bb7bd624655946f.zip (Status 7)

Installation Aborted.

any thoughts? Phone wont get past nexus X with unlock symbol.

Guest gilead1
QUOTE(gilead1 @ Mar 3 2011, 16:19)

Here is a problem:

Trying to flash with clockworkmod 3.0.0.5

it say : wrighting radio image

than I get a pic of robot out of a box and than it gose to tha X and lock screen. than back to the robot out of the box with prorasion line below for 1 sec. and than it go back o the X screen and stuck there....

any ideas?

hmm, also had this different times when I played with several radio images. Safe route could be to exclude the radio from pauls kitchen and flash it manually before by hand using

CODE

fastboot flash radio [your path]\radio.img

the robot and the box is a warning instance before you can enter the stock recovery. maybe the clockwork recovery has been overwritten? Are you sure that you installed the recovery and not only started the rom-manager application?

best,

das_spektakel

Trying to flash without the radio image but still not stuck on the X screen,

I'm coming from CM6.1, The radio image is the same (I flashed back the CM6.1 and it work fine)

I'm doing a fuul wipe via clockwork recovery, includ factory reset, system format and boot format, then i'm trying to flash the baked modaco but it stuck on the X screen.

I'll try the prebaked and hope for good

Guest das_spektakel

P

Hi Paul,

made some additional tests. With USB debugging off, system is hanging while pressing "reboot". I can see that the reboot app starts in background, but the "Airplane,silent,off,reboot" menu doesn't close and the system is unusable. With usb debugging on, the "reboot" action leads me to the reboot app and this works.

Overall, i have to say that I am not a fan of the reboot option. Could you please tell me where (in which file) I can remove ths entry from the power menu? Better: could you send me the needed (original, stock?) files?

thanks in advance,

das_spekakel

Guest das_spektakel
It's in android.policy.jar. I can add it as a kitchen option if you prefer.

P

You are my hero :( included in the kitchen would be awesome

das_spektakel

Guest theHurst

any news on Trackball Wake?

thx for the new kitchen!

Edit: Have seen your answer on XDA... you´re working on it! Great!

Edited by theHurst

Guest sergioalvarezmac

Anyone having the same "wonki" trouble during calls that is present on CM7 and similar ROMS? i.e. Must I have to install Dewonkificator to use the phone function properly, or that bug is fixed in this ROM?

Guest Aviatorboy

Thank you Paul!

You work is highly appreciated!

One day you will get rewarded, at least for making so many people happy!

:( ;) :) :(

having said this, is it likely that in the next days we will see a MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port r2x???

or is it already out and im misreading?

Regards

Edited by Aviatorboy

Guest mindfrost82
Anyone having the same "wonki" trouble during calls that is present on CM7 and similar ROMS? i.e. Must I have to install Dewonkificator to use the phone function properly, or that bug is fixed in this ROM?

This is only present on CM-based ROMs. Paul's is based on Google's ROM, so the wonk issue shouldn't be there at all, just like its not present on the stock Google OTA ROM.

Guest Aviatorboy
This is only present on CM-based ROMs. Paul's is based on Google's ROM, so the wonk issue shouldn't be there at all, just like its not present on the stock Google OTA ROM.

once again thats why Paul ROM's are one notch above the rest

:(