Where to buy your Vega!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest vdubster
Bought one from Dixons .. Guess what powered on ... only had 18% of Battery .... Tried to use the screen ... Nothing happened !! Confirmed my fears what I looked at the Vega for marking and found a couple...

£199 = Refurb'd

Went out and bought one from PCworld, Chance'd it with the manager saying I could get it online for £199 and he gave me a manager's discount ! RRP : £230

Hope this helps guys

I've only just got my Vega so sorry if this has been asked many times but what makes you think it was a refurb? becasue the battery only had 18% they would have put a full charge on it anyway would they? and what sort of marks were they?

You can guess why i'm asking this, yes mine had 17% charge on it, can't say i've noticed any marks apart from a smallish one of the side near the ports and when i got it out of the box there was a very small bit (2-3mm) of white stick paper on it.

Could this be a refurb too?

Thanks

James

EDIT Oh great now they've gone down in price :-(

Edited by vdubster

Guest waltsalt

I think all devices with lithium ion batteries come with a bit of charge in them cos the batteries cannot stay in storage without it.

I just bought a Kindle today and there was a taste of juice in it.

Guest howardbut

Bought one new unit (software version 1.10) at Dixon Travel (Heathrow) yesterday for 167quids. Absolutely a bargain!

Love the unit. And Love this resourceful forum as well!

Guest alexhayuk

Got one last sunday (16th) from currys.digital in edinburgh for £229.99 then mid week seen it online for £199.99. Went into store and got a £30 refund as part of there 7 day price promise.

RESULT.

:)

Guest Gavjbrown

Could someone clarify what the warranty period is for a Vega purchased from PC World Business and where it goes back to during this period.

Guest Robotstar5

Looking at buying an Advent Vega soon and noticed the price has just dropped £40 at PC world/Currys, also they've stopped doing accessories (case, screen protector) do they know something we don't? :)

Guest peps1

Just wondered if anyone had come across a place to buy them online that takes PayPal? its been a nightmare since paypal withdrew there Visa cards!

Guest ThomasAstor

I bought another Vega two days ago from Currys. I wanted to purchase it from PC World two doors up, but they did not have the folio case for it in stock. I told the floor manager that I did not like Currys in general for their after-sale service. He smiled and told me that now being the same under a different name, if any troubles happen in the future to come to the PC World with my receipt and they would deal with it. He even put his name down on it.

Three weeks earlier, I had to return a Vega after 27 days. They even refunded the folio case. I had to press 6s to restart it just after a normal sleep.

The new one is some how faster and the screen seems clearer.

I installed the [Rom Add-On] Clean & Stable Add-On For All Stock Firmware V3[24/03/11][Full Market] http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=931337 with the small task bar.. and the ASW Honeycomb theme.

Fast and simple.

All the other Rom are to difficult to deal with. Just me. Dont understand all the techy words :mellow:

Too overwhelming to learn and understand. I would rather do others things than being indoor in front of a computer/tab trying to tweak it to get more or less the same results at the end.

I learned what flashing is yesterday when I installed the add-on Rom V3: put the zip on the sd card and click on it :o

Someone could put a lexic of the different techy words in here. Would be really useful for many new guys to android.

Guest beegee1962
The Shuttle P10an01 is similar to the Advent Vega.

Its actually the other way around, Advent Vega is similar to Shuttle P10AN01.

Shuttle is the producer of all these tablets and then they are branded as Smartbook Surfer 100, pov Mobii, Advent Vega, WSL XVision, Viewsonic Viewpad 10s ,.....

Guest kerpob

Dixons duty free in Dublin airport had them for €200, which is well under £200.

Trouble is you need to fly out of Dublin to get one!

Guest mikthe20
Dixons duty free in Dublin airport had them for €200, which is well under £200.

Trouble is you need to fly out of Dublin to get one!

Dixons at Heathrow selling for £180 if anyone's passing through there - again, have to fly somewhere though! Believe other UK airports have Dixons Travel outlets too: http://www.dixonstravel.co.uk/

Guest capt.kipper
Dixons at Heathrow selling for £180 if anyone's passing through there - again, have to fly somewhere though! Believe other UK airports have Dixons Travel outlets too: http://www.dixonstravel.co.uk/

Surely it should only be £160 when its vat free from an Airport?

Guest Niks10
I just phoned Dixons @ Manchester Airport T1 and its £180.

I managed to buy it for £166.66 last month, but since then it seems price has gone up to £180.

Still worth it, I guess as I am now running HC....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alexzandro

Hello everybody!

Managed to order a POV MOBII from an Italian web retailer, WEPC. Will inform about ROM included in device next week. Price was the lowest I could find here in Italy (280 € p&p included) , dunno if they despatch to foreign countries.

Regards

Edit: so I regularly received device today. It is now under charge. Completely drained battery, is now around 50% ( shut off) . Only thing I can say with original software : wifi is extremely slow ( downloaded some app from the limited market included with the original software) . Will cooked roms make the baby grow?

Regards

Alessandro

Edited by Alexzandro

• 1 month later...
Guest Richyvrlimited

Hi, first post here, I've recently come across the Vega and it looks perfect for me, been into my local Currys and had a play with the demo machine etc.

I've been holding off buying for the last week whilst I research on this forum it's various foibles, however I just read a thread which mentioned it being pulled?

Since I read that I checked availability at my local Currys, none in stock :)

I guess my question is, is the Vega being pulled, or am I just unlucky my local store doesn't have any stock? I'll be pretty gutted if I can't get one anymore :rolleyes: