Sleep of Death

Guest sportster44

Guest sportster44

My Omnia i8000 has suddenly caught the dreaded sleep of death, for no apparent reason. Phone had been working fine Saturday and Sunday it wont wake up unless I remove the battery. I have not added or removed any programs recently and am running the stock Bell Mobility ROM Build: 21856.5.0.65 . I'm not running G-alarm or S2U2 as some of the posts on other boards alluded to when I did a google search.

I'm looking to try and fix this and I'm pretty sure my unit is out of warranty and I'm still a year and bit out on my contract to upgrade to WP7.

Any ideas?

Guest skoda60
My Omnia i8000 has suddenly caught the dreaded sleep of death, for no apparent reason. Phone had been working fine Saturday and Sunday it wont wake up unless I remove the battery. I have not added or removed any programs recently and am running the stock Bell Mobility ROM Build: 21856.5.0.65 . I'm not running G-alarm or S2U2 as some of the posts on other boards alluded to when I did a google search.

I'm looking to try and fix this and I'm pretty sure my unit is out of warranty and I'm still a year and bit out on my contract to upgrade to WP7.

Any ideas?

hard reset is the way. But all your PIM data will be gone.

Guest sportster44

no issues with the PIM data. SPB backup all the way!

Will give it a try tonight when I have some time.

Edit: Hard reset did the trick.. Now thinking about a ROM update while I'm at it.

Edited by sportster44

Any ideas?

Happened to me twice, the screen turned off like it usually did, but while pressing the wake up button it wont turn on again.

i dont really know what caused it, probably all those tweaks and prog testing i did.

i tough somehow that was related to the wakeup button (did some tweaking previously with hardware button mapping) or the screen off timer option in the samsung settings interface

i changed the timer to 0 (to never turn off screen) and even changed the on external energy value to 0 too, soft reset and then changed back to 1min or 30 secs and the problem disapeared.

IMO that reseted the hardware wakeup button mapping, just a theory tough, Im not 100% sure but it worked.

And im not 100% those where the right steps i followed was a long time ago.

Hope it helps.

Edited by suture

Guest sportster44

you're describing the exact same problem I had. I too thought button mapping was the culprit and removed AE Button Plus with no luck, tried changing the backlight settings all with no luck. Put the backlight to never off for a day until I could get some time to hard reset the phone which did the trick. I'm still not sure what caused it if it's somehow software related or hardware related, in my case it might be software becaudse after the reset the issue was gone. Didn't reload all my software as I took the opportunity to flash to a lighter ROM, and then reloaded most of what I had on my unit previously.