Ubuntu & Android merging

Guest arashtarafar

Guest arashtarafar

Hello to all!

I examined Rhobuntu once more and saw that it can make and receive calls,sms,mms and...so I'll try to make these available in OXIIGEN...

Hello to all!

I examined Rhobuntu once more and saw that it can make and receive calls,sms,mms and...so I'll try to make these available in OXIIGEN...

Great news, keep us informed...

I am telling you because a keyboard is absolutley neccessary, and people may have some problems doing what I did if they don't have ubuntu on their PC. Maybe you could check it.

Hi,

this looks nice!!!

Found this on XDA-Devs. You can find some interesting hints. For example on screen keyboard (osk), 3G internet connection...

I hope, it helps.

Regards

Guest arashtarafar

NEWS :) :

with Almar's Android news I hurried to test it but didn't have a uSD card.so I tried to make a root filesystem and put almar's Android in it so it can boot from My Storage.

I'm working on it and will inform you of the process everyday.

the last thing happened was:it booted up OK but the system had some difficulties working properly...

Hey guys...I've downloaded android Gingerbread and am preparing to work on it :lol:

any help will be welcome...

with Almar's Android news I hurried to test it but didn't have a uSD card.so I tried to make a root filesystem and put almar's Android in it so it can boot from My Storage.

the last thing happened was:it booted up OK but the system had some difficulties working properly...

Hey guys...I've downloaded android Gingerbread and am preparing to work on it :lol:

Wishing you success! You DEVs are amazing!!

Guest leeboqian

加油 I'm from china .this is very good thing for us ,good work

you give the o2 new life!keeping on.I will always impose you!thank you so much,my english is poor .sorry 谢谢 !

Edited by leeboqian

Guest voyteckst

You will not be able to run smoothly gingerbread. You need to have good opengl drivers (interface in 2.3 is in opengl), which are problem for Omnia 2 (also for Spica which is similar).

Ps. Almar, phj and bs are using uSD, because it is a lot faster than internal storage...

Guest Real_life

hi there

First off all, congrats for you work, its good to see people care and give life to this nice piece of hardware

I see that this topic is about OXIIGEN running on the Omnia II

I've tried to run this on a B7610 Omnia Pro (it's not the same thing... i know), has some may know, "My Storage has only 1GB (Is 2gb, but 800MB reserved :lol: ), that way i cannot run rootfs from it...

Is it possible to run it from sd, has i already tried that way, but only got a kernel panic...

Guest arashtarafar
hi there

I've tried to run this on a B7610 Omnia Pro (it's not the same thing... i know), has some may know, "My Storage has only 1GB (Is 2gb, but 800MB reserved :lol: ), that way i cannot run rootfs from it...

I'll pack it up in a 800mb rootfs...

all these projects(as I know)run on B7610...

Guest Real_life
I'll pack it up in a 800mb rootfs...

all these projects(as I know)run on B7610...

Yes, i never cared about if something is only for i8000 or not, the hardware is (almost) the same

Thanks for helping out

Best of luck with that gingerbread project :lol:

Guest CalvinH

Good luck with the gingerbread project.

Tell us if we can help you in any way.

Regards.

• 1 month later...
Guest arashtarafar

Hi to all!!

I am not gone forever guys :)

the projects were suspended because of lack of free time but I am resuming the wotk :huh:

Some news:the GenY dual boot is out for dual booting android/wm but it wasn't quite good in WVGA version(because we can't start haret from My Storage).some days ago-as I was wandering around in my phone(!)-I decided to make a theme which starts haret from anywhere in my phone.so now I can give any address to it and start haret from My Storage...

It's a WAD theme that starts with winmo and asks whether you want to boot android or to keep winmo?android boot will start haret and windows closes the program instantly.

anyway...if you think that it'll be useful you can write for me to make it public...

:P The love of Omnia II :D

Guest arlian34
Hi to all!!

I am not gone forever guys :)

the projects were suspended because of lack of free time but I am resuming the wotk :huh:

Dear Arashtarafar,

thank you for all your wonderful work with our beloved Omnia II! I currently own a 2GB version of this phone and have a My Storage of only 1.41 GB, which is too small to install OxIIgen on it. Do you plan to release smaller images of OxIIgen before concentrating on Android? I'm sure there are many others with my very same problem.

What are the main differences between OxIIgen and Omnibuntu and which one is the best one?

Thank you,

Arlian34

Guest arashtarafar
What are the main differences between OxIIgen and Omnibuntu and which one is the best one?

I'm currently thinking of smaller images...

OXIIGEN's system is not different from Omniubuntu but it is made of merging the two Omniubuntu and Rhobuntu packages.

you can merge or customize ubuntu yourself,of course if you have some basic knowledge of file actions in ubuntu...

some interesting(for myself) news:I've had HTC HD2 for two days and I was surprised to see it crash one time!(my Omnia II never crashed till now...)

one of my friends have bought samsung Galaxy Tab.it has a good display(surprising for me)...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nickmo20

this may be a lame question, but how do you merge those 11 files? how are you suppose to use them.. not much info on your site..

Sorry for misunderstanding

Guest arashtarafar
How do you merge those 11 files? how are you suppose to use them.. not much info on your site..

Sorry for misunderstanding

search in this thread's attachments.it's name is HJSplit.exe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest arashtarafar

BREAKING NEWS!!........................BREAKING NEWS!!......................BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :( ;)

CHEER UP ALL OMNIA 2 OWNERS!!

BECAUSE I've successfully emulated a full PC system in my omnia 2 using QEMU EMULATOR :D

The system features:

_working mouse

_working keyboard

_800 MHz(I think) processor

_full portrait/landscape monitor(with Orientation detection(Thanks to Tacchan23))

_hard disks

_some other features that I haven't detected yet B)

Edited by arashtarafar

Guest voyteckst
BREAKING NEWS!!........................BREAKING NEWS!!......................BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :( ;)

CHEER UP ALL OMNIA 2 OWNERS!!

BECAUSE I've successfully emulated a full PC system in my omnia 2 using QEMU EMULATOR :D

The system features:

_working mouse

_working keyboard

_800 MHz(I think) processor

_full portrait/landscape monitor(with Orientation detection(Thanks to Tacchan23))

_hard disks

_some other features that I haven't detected yet B)

Why You emulated PC on O2? Does it have any purpose?

Guest arashtarafar
Why You emulated PC on O2? Does it have any purpose?

you can run any pc application you could run in windows!!!!!!!

just google about putting windows on HTC HD2! they've planned to make windows 7 running on the device!isn't it perfect?

imagine you're using vmware in your omnia2's windows 7!it would be a wonderful idea just to think about!

:D The Love of the perfect Omnia II :D

Guest voyteckst
you can run any pc application you could run in windows!!!!!!!

just google about putting windows on HTC HD2! they've planned to make windows 7 running on the device!isn't it perfect?

imagine you're using vmware in your omnia2's windows 7!it would be a wonderful idea just to think about!

:D The Love of the perfect Omnia II :D

You are to optimistic. You'll never run vmware on O2, because it's for x86 architecture not ARM. Besides running anything on qemu on O2 will be very very slow (not only because qemu is slow, but because You want to emulate different architecture...).

PS. What kind of application You lack on WM? Maybe You didn't search properly?

Edited by voyteckst

Guest arashtarafar
You are to optimistic. You'll never run vmware on O2, because it's for x86 architecture not ARM. Besides running anything on qemu on O2 will be very very slow (not only because qemu is slow, but because You want to emulate different architecture...).

PS. What kind of application You lack on WM? Maybe You didn't search properly?

Thanks for informing me.(and thanks for judging my character so fast :D )

qemu wasn't slow till now...well...maybe I'm still new to programming but I never get tired of trying(I've had Omnia 2 for nearly one year :D )

I'm still very sorry that why omnia 2 isn't called POCKET PC...and any HTC smartphone is a pocket pc(even if it's below omnia 2).anyway...we must all try to make our dreams possible. Never forget that!

Hey! if you want to try yourself I can give you the ncessary files...

Guest voyteckst
Thanks for informing me.(and thanks for judging my character so fast :D )

qemu wasn't slow till now...well...maybe I'm still new to programming but I never get tired of trying(I've had Omnia 2 for nearly one year :D )

I'm still very sorry that why omnia 2 isn't called POCKET PC...and any HTC smartphone is a pocket pc(even if it's below omnia 2).anyway...we must all try to make our dreams possible. Never forget that!

Hey! if you want to try yourself I can give you the ncessary files...

Thanks, but I'd rather focus on making froyo working just fine as eclair ;-)

Guest arashtarafar
Thanks, but I'd rather focus on making froyo working just fine as eclair ;-)

the russians have made eclair running on I900.did you know?

sorry I meant Froyo!

Edited by arashtarafar

Guest voyteckst
the russians have made eclair running on I900.did you know?

Eclair is running fine on Omnia 2. Public beta is available from january? There is a dedicated topic to it - I don't really know how You could missed it ;-)