[Android] I8000 Theme's [UPDATED] | 28/4/2011

Guest ashburn

Guest ashburn

team.png

Tutorial & Theme's Download Hold On To Your Balls.

News:

- Lastest Screenshot ~ Look At The Bottom Of This Post. 28/4/2011

- Lastest Download: Froyo Black Theme 1.0 Alpha [28/4/2011 Update]

[28/4/2011 Update] ~ Not fully completed theme. Updates Will Be In. [
Learn To Read Please
].

________________________________________________________________________________

| How To Create You Own Theme. (There are images contain in the framework-res.apk Extract it using 7-Zip & edit it) [You Can Start Theme-ing now]

| How To Change Status Bar Font Color. Time Font Color: (Refer To Post: #2) | StatusBar Font Color - : (Refer To Post: #3)

| How To Get It Installed On Your I8000

- Basically its o2bupdate.tar.gz thingy.

________________________________________________________________________________

Requirement's To Start:

- Any photo editing software [Recommended **Adobe Photoshop/GIMP]

- Some files to work around with. [Smali Dex Compile&decompile, Context Editor, HxD Hex Editor]

- 7-Zip You will need it for some reason [You Will Understand Why Later]

- .... more will come

Smali Dex Compile & Decompile:

This small program is used generally for extensions that are .dex its a simple thing to use. (Refer To Post: #2)

Context Editor:

A program use to edit the file's that are found after using smali. (Refer To Post: #2)

Will Update More Soon. :P

Latest Screenies: Since 28/4/2011 - Tried With TouchWiz 3.0 [it Looks Beautiful]

post-573931-1303998725_thumb.png post-573931-1303998715_thumb.png

Edited by ashburn

Guest ashburn

How To Use Smali Dex Compile / DeCompile For classes.dex and Context Editor: [Changing Of Font Color Time On You Status Bar!]

Download This Files: [Smali Dex]

Normally I will place all my files to C:\Android\ for a new project. But you can choose anywhere you like that is at your own convenience.

1. You will need classes.dex from Service.jar - Extract it out using 7-Zip or WinRAR.

2. Once You have already done extracting classes.dex out put it in you project folder.

3. You can start following the steps below.

So lets start. Lets say i have already extracted all the file i've needed and placed it to my project folder here is what you need to do. Run CMD.

Type in cd C:\Android\ or where ever you project folder is located it. It should show you something like this once you've pressed ENTER.

post-573931-1297170721_thumb.png

Okay lets move one, now here is what you need to check be sure that classes.dex is located inside the folder in order for you to start de-compiling the dex files.

Now Type in java -Xmx512M -jar baksmali.jar -o classout/ classes.dex

After pressing enter you should now get a classout folder inside you project folder.

post-573931-1297170984_thumb.png

Now double click on the classout folder. [Do not close the CMD it will save you alot of time.] Inside the folder contains alot of files so lets cut it short with a photo:

Locate the file here: classout\com\android\server\status

Item will be: StatusBarIcon.smali

post-573931-1297171354_thumb.png

Okay once you see the StatusBarIcon.smali we will now start using the Context Editor that is given on the first Post.

Right Click on StatusBarIcon.smali open with Context Editor or You could run context editor and just drag StatusBarIcon.smali into it.

You should get something like this:

post-573931-1297171839_thumb.png

Now on Context Editor press CTRL+F and type color and press enter.

You should all be getting this paragraph that i've highlighted:

post-573931-1297172033_thumb.png

Follow the following lines stated below: From original to edited.

Text Original:

.line 46

const/high16 v6, -0x100

invoke-virtual {v4, v6}, Landroid/widget/TextView;->setTextColor(I)V
Text Edited:
	.line 46

const v6, -0x1

invoke-virtual {v4, v6}, Landroid/widget/TextView;->setTextColor(I)V

Once you are done, Save the file & close context editor. Go to your Project folder and rename your classes.dex to classes-old.dex You need to do this just incase you mess up some stuffs. After you have done with this go to cmd and type in java -Xmx512M -jar smali.jar classout/ -o classes.dex Press enter and now you'll get the new classes.dex

Here's what you need to do open service.jar with 7-Zip and drag the new classes.dex inside and save. You're done changing your status bar Time into white color. The next tutorial is changing your status bar text to white color [The Tricky Part].

To store the new service.jar you have compiled you can use ADB USB or o2bupdate.tar.gz your own convenience [i'll touch on a how to soon]

If your using o2bupdate.tar.gz place it in My Storage/ where haret is at and run haret. Let the o2bupdate do it stuffs & You'll get a white color time font something like this: post-573931-1297173040_thumb.png

Edited by ashburn

Guest ashburn

How to use HxD Hex Editor: I Believe Most Of You Knows How To. (Changing Status Bar Font Color To White) Other colors may work to you can try.

Download Files: HxD Hex Editor 1.7.7.0

By now most of you should have the Framework-res.apk with you. Inside the apk contain images & XML for the android theme. You can mess around with the images & the xml.

But what i'm about to teach you all here is basically changing the font color of the status bar.

Go inside the framework-res folder that you have extracted. Go to this directory: framework-res\res\layout

Look for a file named status_bar.xml

post-573931-1297174016_thumb.png

Now once you have found it. Open HxD Hex Editor and drag status_bar.xml into it.

Now once you have done that, press the search tab and click find 08 00 00 1C. change text string to hex value.

The first one should come out: [Now in the photo you see the red box Change it to FF FF FF.]

post-573931-1297174319_thumb.png

We are not done yet. Do The same thing again search for 08 00 00 1C.

This is what you should get: [Now in the photo you see the red box Change it to FF FF FF.]

post-573931-1297174542_thumb.png

One you change it save it but don't close it just yet. There's another few more steps you need to do.

Now search for 39 00 01 01.

You should get this: [Now in the photo you see the red box change it to 1C FF FF FF FF.]

post-573931-1297174777_thumb.png

Now save it and close Hex editor. Open your framework-res.apk with 7-Zip and drag your edited Status_bar.xml in it and save.

Use o2bupdate.tar.gz to update or you can simply use adb usb. Remember if you use o2bupdate.tar.gz the should contain \system\framework\ in order for it to be updated. save goes to service jar.

Now this is what you should get after the update :

post-573931-1297175153_thumb.png

Edited by ashburn

Guest ashburn

Okay guys i've updated with a tutorial. I hope you guys somehow understand it.. =D. This way you can make a theme from scratch instead of using someone else theme

Guest thew0lf

Thanks a lot ! You did some great work bringing all this together.

Just a small note : don't install this update if you just switched to the latest beta2 (the files from the update are for beta1). If you do, the apps will keep crashing.

For safety, never forget to backup framework-res.apk and services.jar before replacing them. This way, you can always undo any changes.

Guest thew0lf
shoot got too excited and installed it before reading that it does not work with beta2; is there a way to undo the damage without reformating?

Download the latest archive of the rootfs (called o2b2filesys.tar.gz or ext2.tar.gz). Extract it, go to /system/framework, and copy framework-res.apk and services.jar to your existing partition (using Ubuntu/Linux) at the same location, overwriting the bad files. Boot, and voilà !

Guest aerovolce
Download the latest archive of the rootfs (called o2b2filesys.tar.gz or ext2.tar.gz). Extract it, go to /system/framework, and copy framework-res.apk and services.jar to your existing partition (using Ubuntu/Linux) at the same location, overwriting the bad files. Boot, and voilà !

Thanks man! worked flawlessly

Guest ashburn

Guys hold on, im trying to get one working soon. I'm currently busy at work right now. But you guys who has the beta 2 framework-res.apk you could actually make your own design....... if u need the top bar text white.... you can follow the guide i've made. it may take time to actually understand it.. but trust me its easy like A B C. In the mean time hold on and ill try my best to get the best for you guys.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ashburn

Hey Guys, Sorry i have not been updating that much lately. I've been busy at work.

Here's a few screenshot's on the upcoming Beta2 Theme i'm working on:

post-573931-1299248827_thumb.png post-573931-1299248895_thumb.png

There's still so much more to do. I will upload the theme once its done.

Guest ashburn

Latest Update. Been Trying To Get Idea's

I changed the pressed color to Green, I'm not sure you guys will like it or not.

Screenshot:

post-573931-1299315724_thumb.png post-573931-1299315736_thumb.png post-573931-1299315748_thumb.png

Guest thebass

hey good work here! Green is better than orange but blue is better than green for me :( haha personal prefence i guess. Why not invert the white and black to take advantage of our amoled screens?

Guest surenz

I played a little with the framework-res.apk and changed the color and the pictures from the status bar but it didn't work as expected.

Now even with the old stable version of the two files framework-res and services, the Android is not booting up correctly and all the services are failing.

Is there a way to correct this or to install over again :D ?

Edited by surenz

Guest ashburn
I played a little with the framework-res.apk and changed the color and the pictures from the status bar but it didn't work as expected.

Now even with the old stable version of the two files framework-res and services, the Android is not booting up correctly and all the services are failing.

Is there a way to correct this or to install over again :D ?

Surenz did you not read the post. For the old version Files it won't work on Beta 2. Second if you did try changing status bar colors or so, they have different image format. You need to extract our framework-res & services file from Beta 2 to start a theme from scretch, you no longer can use the file i've given from beta1 cause its different. My theme will be back in progress after my overseas trip. =D

Guest surenz
Surenz did you not read the post. For the old version Files it won't work on Beta 2. Second if you did try changing status bar colors or so, they have different image format. You need to extract our framework-res & services file from Beta 2 to start a theme from scretch, you no longer can use the file i've given from beta1 cause its different. My theme will be back in progress after my overseas trip. =D

I haven't used your file but the original framework-res.apk and replaced some files inside. Obviously the packing is not so easy :D

Anyway I reinstalled.

Edited by surenz