CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest cooldfuzion
Dropped together a little test-fix, flash from recovery, should fix problems with RIL, camera, WiFi, OMX, and HW acceleration.

http://www.wuala.com/fonix232/Blade/ROM/Cy...od/7/fix_CM.zip

It won't fix though:

- FM Radio

- Camera autofocus

- Any other bug listed on the CM Bugtracker

The package isn't signed so you need CWM or disable package verification in RA!

Nice :D thanks dude

Guest birdibird
Dropped together a little test-fix, flash from recovery, should fix problems with RIL, camera, WiFi, OMX, and HW acceleration.

http://www.wuala.com/fonix232/Blade/ROM/Cy...od/7/fix_CM.zip

It won't fix though:

- FM Radio

- Camera autofocus

- Any other bug listed on the CM Bugtracker

The package isn't signed so you need CWM or disable package verification in RA!

thanx

Wow Cpu Settings now works and can select overclock and different governors etc.

Mentioned in first post. This is all jolly good stuff though, and i'm glad this thread is being accepted. Hoorah :D

Guest Frankish

For anyone that has RC1 and want's to keep everything but REALLY want overclocking features...

Find attached my fix, it's simply updated CMParts.apk, new boot.img and new modules. The script will write all changes. Apply in recovery and now cpu settings will not force close. Keep all your apps and settings :D

cm7_blade_rc1_overclock_cpufix.zip

Guest Pelemane
For anyone that has RC1 and want's to keep everything but REALLY want overclocking features...

Find attached my fix, it's simply updated CMParts.apk, new boot.img and new modules. The script will write all changes. Apply in recovery and now cpu settings will not force close. Keep all your apps and settings :D

Awesome! thanks :D

Guest fonix232

Who've downloaded so far my fix, please note, I was missing a file. All downloads from now on (14:59 GMT+2) has the missing file, and thus has working RIL. Who have downloaded the file before my post, please re-download!

Guest hecatae

is ril missing as this is not meant to be a full wipe, you are meant to apply this as a patch over the rc1?

like an upgrade on a linux distribution, you are not replacing al the files, just the ones that need updating.

Guest fonix232
is ril missing as this is not meant to be a full wipe, you are meant to apply this as a patch over the rc1?

like an upgrade on a linux distribution, you are not replacing al the files, just the ones that need updating.

Actually, this patch will only add the missing proprietary files.

And not over RC1 but nightly n°1 :D

Not like, it is simple a file addition. You can do it by hand, by extracting the zip file and pushing the folders through ADB.

Wipe is needed because somewhy the phone at first startup makes a note there is no telephony, and such won't try again. A wipe will delete this "note".

Not like, it is simple a file addition. You can do it by hand, by extracting the zip file and pushing the folders through ADB.

Wipe is needed because somewhy the phone at first startup makes a note there is no telephony, and such won't try again. A wipe will delete this "note".

Is it safe to extract your updated files and insert them into the ROM zip? I've just done that, waiting for my phone to charge, and i'll flash it. But if it doesn't work...well, fair enough

Guest leetron1

Thanks Frankish=genius..

& come on fellas..take a step back...Blade is making swift progress thanks to talented devs..this forum is a wonder really...lets hold it together..mistakes happen..pretty soon we're gonna be nigh on bugless :D

Guest hecatae

you seemed to have misunderstood me

isnt the nightly build a patchset for rc1.

you install rc1 as the starting point and then it's your decision to apply nightly over the top with no wipe to apply al the patches so far

Guest IronDoc

you install rc1 as the starting point and then it's your decision to apply nightly over the top with no wipe to apply al the patches so far

Nightlies are full builds if I understand correctly.

Guest fonix232

Nope.

A nightly is, basically, a full build, just like an RC, BUT, it includes the latest patches, etc. That's why you need to wipe because if there's anything changed what refers to old, created-on-first-boot files, it will break.

You can safely add the contents of my zip to nightly #1, but no need for that in RC1.

do you have a recommended min and max settings for the cpu settings?

Guest targetbsp
do you have a recommended min and max settings for the cpu settings?

The maximum will be specific to your particular phones CPU. What someone elses overclocks to is not what yours will overclock to.

Guest hecatae
Nope.

A nightly is, basically, a full build, just like an RC, BUT, it includes the latest patches, etc. That's why you need to wipe because if there's anything changed what refers to old, created-on-first-boot files, it will break.

You can safely add the contents of my zip to nightly #1, but no need for that in RC1.

thankyou, that clears that up

Guest spaceguy
where can i download just shake ? cuz what i downloaded from market is not fullversion and got 8 shake per day and its not so helpfully

you have to buy the full version