CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

I think you'll have to change them manually. They still work, though, so it's no worry.

No, I am not able to change it manually. When I am dialing the new number these dashes also appears.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
No, I am not able to change it manually. When I am dialing the new number these dashes also appears.

How odd. Possible dialer/Contacts settings problem?

Guest Nick Rhodes
Tried CM7 the last couple of days several times, allways switched back to JJ9 immediately because it wasn't evolved enough to be used as a daily driver. Mainlyly due to proximity issue...

- no WIFI reconnect after wakeup, allways needs manual on/off at energy widget

I get this, exactly like with any of the old 2.1 roms. Blade Wifi Fix works a treat for this.

This is less annoying than loosing phone connection when wifi connects with the 2.2 roms (FLB, MCR or JJ) that I and some others gets.

Guest Frankish
No, it's a general problem. If you set in spare parts windows animations to "fast", the power off on animation does not work anymore. Yes, the actual nightly 4 version should have been nightly 5, the bot went drinking last night and messed up. Kernel and a few things are updated, people have already compared the old vs. new nightly 4 versions a few pages back, it's definitely updated.

I think something went wrong when fiddling with the separated kernel or what you instaled. You should wipe and format system and install the latest nightly again. No force closing here, no market problems, the browser is blazing fast, PES 2011 works perfect here moved to the phone. no ADW EX freezes either. If I would not have the battery drain issue (as you said you didn't), this would be the perfect ROM for me.

I think the kernel is fine. Surprisingly flb had market issue too... maybe my network playing up? Come back to cm7 played a full game of pes including extra time and penalties, only 1 freeze which is brilliant. I can live with that!

Do you have adw ex installed to system? I think that's my problem with that.

I'm wondering about this also. I switched back for the moment to JJ, but when I get back to CM7 I'd like to get rid of the dashes as well. It's very annoying when you're dialing a number and it sorts everything by threes, when I always visualized/memorized numbers in twos. Is there any way to get rid of the dashes?

Guest fredewis
I think the kernel is fine. Surprisingly flb had market issue too... maybe my network playing up? Come back to cm7 played a full game of pes including extra time and penalties, only 1 freeze which is brilliant. I can live with that!

what.... is new kernel that good with it you could play pessss... ill try the upgrade.

Guest sorrowuk

Hi Frankish , I tried the new kernel , well the kernel someone uploaded here, dunno if thats different from the new nightly 4 and I tried playing a game of pes and the touchscreen stopped responding about 6 times during a game. I had to press power button to lock then unlock to get the screen to work again.

Any ideas? No one else experiened the touch screen just stop responding ?

I did a full wipe etc.

In contacts phone number is shown as:

004-737-8992671

I would like to see it as 0047378992671, in other Roms it is that.

How to change this?

I read something like this in an froyo custom thread. If i recall correctly, you have to switch in Settings-Language&Keyboard from English (US) to English (UK) or vice versa.

Guest Sele2010
Hi Frankish , I tried the new kernel , well the kernel someone uploaded here, dunno if thats different from the new nightly 4 and I tried playing a game of pes and the touchscreen stopped responding about 6 times during a game. I had to press power button to lock then unlock to get the screen to work again.

I did a full wipe etc.

Have a similar problem, screen will become unresponsive and needs screen on and off to get it back. Happening when I call someone, leaving me unable to hang up at voicemail. Obviously not good.

Rotmann's suggestion about the animation speed gave me back screen off animation though. Screen on animation doesn't work though.

Really think this rom will be unbeatable when its complete.

Guest IronDoc

Finally flashed nightly 4 coming from JJ. Not had any problem with phone numbers nor the screen animations. Haven't been able to test much else yet since I added an ext partition using clockwork without really thinking and my SD got wiped T_T

Thank god for Appbrain and the fact that CM had a different device ID to JJ.

Angry birds is smooooooth :huh:

Guest Frankish

I did a full wipe etc.

I think it's random. At one point i couldn't even finish a game as it froze up ever few seconds. Power, lockscreen and worked again. Maybe i just got a lucky game with only 1 freeze. I'll test some more today.

Guest fredewis
I think it's random. At one point i couldn't even finish a game as it froze up ever few seconds. Power, lockscreen and worked again. Maybe i just got a lucky game with only 1 freeze. I'll test some more today.

just played 2 full games on it on ni 4 and new kernel no freezzz.

Guest lordofangels
Got my theme for t mobile app to build properly last night.

Not to long and be able to release.

No problems on nightly 6 yet.

Are you following the xda guide for the tmobile theme app,

have been looking at making my own theme with that tmobile thing,

and yeah, same here no glitches or faults yet, still testing things out..

Guest Bazza76
Are you following the xda guide for the tmobile theme app,

have been looking at making my own theme with that tmobile thing,

and yeah, same here no glitches or faults yet, still testing things out..

Yes but adapting for use with my hackintosh.

Just made 4 minute call screen wakes after quite quick as well.

I guess that the possibility to "star" an issue is used by the developers to find "urgent" issues. Thus I would recommend to "un-star" an issue after it has been fixed for all Modaco people.

Guest Rotmann
Have a similar problem, screen will become unresponsive and needs screen on and off to get it back. Happening when I call someone, leaving me unable to hang up at voicemail. Obviously not good.

Rotmann's suggestion about the animation speed gave me back screen off animation though. Screen on animation doesn't work though.

Really think this rom will be unbeatable when its complete.

This has been already solved in new nightly 4 or in nightly 6.

I guess that the possibility to "star" an issue is used by the developers to find "urgent" issues. Thus I would recommend to "un-star" an issue after it has been fixed for all Modaco people.

+1 people who see their problem solved please unstar the issue in the bug tracker and to all people who still encounter problems, PLEASE star it in the issue tracker. The link is in the firs post.

Edited by Rotmann