CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest The Soup Thief
I'm not telling soup thief that my battery is better than his battery

Sorry - didn't mean to cause offense - I'm sure all our batteries are lovely :huh:

I was gonna get the premium rom manager the other day but didn't as I wasn't altogether sure it supported nightlies as well as release candidates. @doubleluckstur, I take it it does?

Guest Chris_M
If it's not only the 2 of us then we can raise an issue like "Charging problem - only USB current instead of AC" or something like that.

I'm getting the opposite problem - my car charger always used to report USB charging, but with CM7 it occasionally reports AC charging.

So I think there's something buggy in the logic that decides whether to use USB or AC charging.

Guest mapstec

Hmmm, installed Nightly 6 without wipe on top of Nightly 4:

Proximity sensor seems fixed (tried three times so far)

Phone reports charging (AC) on a wall charger.

So far I am totally happy with the combo of Blade + CM7 :-)

Edited by mapstec

*It doesn't look like there's a Proximity Sensor fix - this is still true as of Nightly 4, it didn't get included in time.

what are they doing ? :huh:

Whoops, forgot about that. Changed. It IS included now, in Nightly 6, for sure.

Screw the environment eh? :) Use 4 times the electricity and have to replace your battery 4 times sooner? Lol I'm with you guys on that front - I'm not exactly green! I just like efficiency for efficiency's sake. I see it as a personal challenge to have my computer equipment running as lightweight as possible. Very few background tasks, plenty of free memory and fast. I get mroe enjoyment out of setting up and tweaking things than I do out of using them - which is why Apple products bore me - they just work. It just distresses me that my current rom uses 4 times the power of any other. It may not hamper your way of using it but it's nonetheless a fault that's very apparent to light phone users.

I know the obvious solution is to change the rom but that's boring. I like being on the cutting edge! And please remember, the only reason I am talking about the battery life at this time is in response to somebody asking about it. :huh: I'm not telling soup thief that my battery is better than his battery. I'm telling rayraven why it is because he asked and it may help him if he wants his battery to last longer.

On another subject, I've been playing around with Rom Manager a bit today. It's kinda neat. I'm tempted to buy the premium version. I like the idea of it downloading each nightly, backing up my current rom and then flashing the new one for me. :P It's just a shame it's only for CM7 so I have to be sure I'm sticking with this rom for it to be worthwhile. Which ironically means having to manually install updates to ensure I'm satisfied with the bug fixes lol.

Premature optimization is the root of all evil. There are bigger bugs to worry about before the devs should really start trying to save us from global warming.

Edited by wbaw

Guest targetbsp
I was gonna get the premium rom manager the other day but didn't as I wasn't altogether sure it supported nightlies as well as release candidates. @doubleluckstur, I take it it does?

As far as I can tell it does. The nightlies are actually already listed in the non premium version - They're just grayed out and it says you need premium. If I get bored tonight I'll buy it and have a play. :huh:

Guest IronDoc

If I change the media volume while the screen is locked but on, it doesn't show the volume bar. Is this normal behaviour for CM?

Edited by IronDoc

Guest feckineejit

For people saying there phone is staying blank after call, mine was staying blank, but after about 20-30 it would come on again, (nighty 6) so i done the fix from skymera post:

i added this to my build.prop: mot.proximity.delay=150

rebooted and it is much quicker to respond.

Thanks for that m8

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == etc.

Installation fails. I'm using CMR 2.5.1.8

Oh, what's that, First post says use 3.0.0.6 or similar.

My my, what we would have learnt reading that!

Oh, what's that, First post says use 3.0.0.6 or similar.

My my, what we would have learnt reading that!

Is it possible to revert back to Fillyjonk's ROM using the CMR 3x?

Guest Sele2010

Wiped and flashed n6. On/Off animation is fine, proximity sensor seems ok.

Disabling data doesn't work. That is to say that I have had to delete the APN to avoid network traffic. I have data disabled and I'm only using 2g networks but 3g watchdog still shows 1.1mb of data transferred.

Guest DonJamal
For people saying there phone is staying blank after call, mine was staying blank, but after about 20-30 it would come on again, (nighty 6) so i done the fix from skymera post:

i added this to my build.prop: mot.proximity.delay=150

rebooted and it is much quicker to respond.

Thanks for that m8

is it good if i write it this line?

# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES

#

mot.proximity.delay=150

keyguard.no_require_sim=true

ro.com.android.dateformat=dd-MM-yyyy

ro.ril.hsxpa=1

Guest doubleluckstur
Wiped and flashed n6. On/Off animation is fine, proximity sensor seems ok.

Disabling data doesn't work. That is to say that I have had to delete the APN to avoid network traffic. I have data disabled and I'm only using 2g networks but 3g watchdog still shows 1.1mb of data transferred.

I am the same as you. Data is unticked but still on... all you need to do is tick, then untick. it did the trick for me, now its not taking data

Guest t0mm13b
Big bag O' temporary fixes

Woah, everything that can be, is currently fixed!

I recommend that there should be a changelog here on your second posting of this thread, in that way, have a changelog - say something like this

ChangeLog dated, for nightly #....

This is so and so ... status... fixed

In that way we can all be level and square and say... "oh you experienced so and so, this WAS for nightly... so and so... please read the change log... and use the the latest"

The dates would be ordered chronologically, the oldest at the bottom... that can then serve as a useful diagnostic matching up to the bug tracker...

What you think?

I recommend that there should be a changelog here on your second posting of this thread, in that way, have a changelog - say something like this

In that way we can all be level and square and say... "oh you experienced so and so, this WAS for nightly... so and so... please read the change log... and use the the latest"

The dates would be ordered chronologically, the oldest at the bottom... that can then serve as a useful diagnostic matching up to the bug tracker...

What you think?

I dunno, I have one at the top of the post(ish), and i'm keeping it updated just with what's appeared since the RC. When A fix was added doesn't matter. Anything added since the last nightly I will use a [NEW] tag for, however. But as you can see, nothing's changed, just sorta, brought upto date.

whops...wifi dont want to connect.. always disconnecting :huh:

Wipe is in order, then. It seems to be the main thing to go wrong between upgrades.