CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Rotmann
Today my battery has drained 18% in the 5-6 hours since being unplugged, with very little use, which seems excessive to me. Sometimes it will come out of standby mode with the home key so I'm thinking maybe the battery drain is down to it not fully going into sleep mode? Using nightly 6

Check in spare parts partial wake.

Is it the possibility to set "Menu" key to wake up the device. My power button is broken, in RC1 I was able to do this, in Nightly 6, I could not do this? How to sort out this?

No, if it wakes on menu it does not sleep or is charging.

Guys. Im just waiting for my new ZTE Blade - with 2GB SD Card.

And I see, that there are problems with installing applications.

What is it about?

And how to make it, that applications, games - everything will install on SD card? Phone itself has got only 150MB of free space.

Some games with built in libs (libarys) are not running off the SD Card. Mostly games.

150mb is plenty.

Android 2.2 and above (this is 2.3) can install apps to SD as standard without an Ext partition.

150 MB is rubbish, if you install the partition mod you get 300+ mb. As apps2sd is partially broken in cm7 you have to make two primary partitions, first a fat32 and second a ext3 one. Install s2e ftom the market, set it to move your apps to ext, brilliant.

Its mentioned that its fixed on the issue site, but my camera does not zoom in properly (nightly 6) even the nightlys before that it was the same, if i zoom 5x or any distance it will only zoom in about a centimetre. on jj9 it worked perfect, is everyone else having this issue? and before it said yes i have done a full wipe etc, and always do :)

Who uses digital zoom on a cellphone cam :huh:

Guest Rotmann
Hi,

coming back to my WiFi problem.

I switched back to JellyFish for the day and the WiFi worked great. Another CM7#6 install tonight and the WiFi is broken again. No connection.

The WiFi is WPA/WPA2+PSK -> so this shouldn't be a problem.

I restarted the Router -> no change

I changed b/g to g only -> no change

I switched channels -> no change

I entered the SSID / Encryption method manually -> no change

I don't know what else to try.

Is there a logfile for the WiFi connection attempts? I don't get an error message, just multiple connect tries.

Sad, as I really like the CM7... but w/o WiFi...

Best,

Jan

You don't restore system apps and settings, do you?

Guest Rotmann
Me sometimes :)

You do know that digital zoom makes your pictures look worse and you are better off making the picture without zoom and cropping it on the pc or phone? :P :huh:

Guest OckoTomBrok
You don't restore system apps and settings, do you?

No. Just the naked ROM. No Backup.

I don't know, if it is related. But I can't register my google account / access the market over 3G.

However, the same problem exists with Jellyfish, but there I can activate over WiFi.

Best,

Jan

Is it the possibility to set "Menu" key to wake up the device. My power button is broken, in RC1 I was able to do this, in Nightly 6, I could not do this? How to sort out this?

Bump.

One more, how to disable USB charging when Blade is connected to the PC, for a while.

Guest OckoTomBrok
I don't know, if it is related. But I can't register my google account / access the market over 3G.

However, the same problem exists with Jellyfish, but there I can activate over WiFi.

Solved that problem. Allow data connections was disabled, although 3G symbol was displayed and surfing in the web was possible...

However, wifi still doesn't work...

Best,

Jan

Guest IronDoc
No, if it wakes on menu it does not sleep or is charging.

This isn't right. You can set menu to wake in CM Settings.

Edit: Path is settings > cm settings > lockscreen > unlock options

Edited by IronDoc

Guest Pelemane

You should find that option in settings ->CyanogenMod Settings ->lockscreen ->unlock options ->menu unlock.

You should find that option in settings ->CyanogenMod Settings ->lockscreen ->unlock options ->menu unlock.

No it is not the same. First you have to wake up (without working power button you are not able to do this), after that using Menu, Blade will be unlocked.

Guest Pelemane
No it is not the same. First you have to wake up (without working power button you are not able to do this), after that using Menu, Blade will be unlocked.

Ok well then I guess that Rotmann was right.

Guest OckoTomBrok

Hi,

May I (oncemore) ask if there is a logfile for WiFi errors in android? Possibly some "system event log"? ... and how I can access it?

Switching back to Jellyfish for the day... Will try CM7 again tomorrow evening ;-)

Best,

Jan

Guest Chris_M
Hi,

May I (oncemore) ask if there is a logfile for WiFi errors in android? Possibly some "system event log"? ... and how I can access it?

Switching back to Jellyfish for the day... Will try CM7 again tomorrow evening ;-)

Best,

Jan

Google "adb logcat" :huh:

Guest Chris_M
Hi,

Best,

Jan

Google "adb logcat" :huh:

Guest HELLienadO

In rc1 I could wake the phone with the menu button, then unlock the screen with it... I prefer this way than to wake it up with the power button...

Edited by HELLienadO

Guest BigD18t
In rc1 I could wake the phone with the menu button, then unlock the screen with it... I prefer this way than to wake it up with the power button...

Settings-cyanogenmod settings-lockscreen-unlock options, tick menu unlock should do it.

Just read a page back that its just unlock not wake :huh: .

Edited by BigD18t