iGO Primo v1.2 on Omnia 2

Guest Dado...

PDA: I8000NXXIJ9

PHONE: I8000XXIJ2

look, if you have problems with Primo 1.2, use Primo 1.1 and problem is solved :D

Edited by Dado...

Guest Darius P.
here is my sys.txt

Dear Dado,

I see you are using com port 6 (default 7) for primo 1.2.

do you using some programs for port spliting, like gpsgate or smth.?

or maybe You using gpsmoddriver?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=571266

another thing set_messages="0", must be: set_messages=0 or =1, without "" ?

Edited by Darius P.

Guest Dado...

not use gpsgate or smth

not use gpsmoddriver

posted sys.txt is 100% same which i use on my omnia... dont have any other lines in sys.txt and dont use anything else....

Edited by Dado...

Guest shadowangel

I've been trying to use Primo but I aways get the "Fatal error occurred in main thread"... has anyone else had this problem?

With iGO8 I don't have this... could it have something to do with my phone version or something like that? I already hard reset, flashed another ROM... Damn! =/

Thanks for any reply :D

Guest bobhero
not use gpsgate or smth

not use gpsmoddriver

posted sys.txt is 100% same which i use on my omnia... dont have any other lines in sys.txt and dont use anything else....

dado, could you also post your system.ini from Primo\save\ folder? for some reason you seem to be the only special person with primo 1.2 working perfectly on the Omnia 2!

Also, is GPS port 6 your hardware GPS port, or the windows managed port? You can check this from the Samsung menu under GPS -> connection.

Thank you for your help. :D

Guest bobhero
port 6 is program port, hardware port is 9

thanks for your help Dado. I seem to have stabilized my Primo 1.2!

here is my info in case it helps anyone.

GPS program port = 4

Hardware port = 9

baud = 115200

Primo 1.2 sys:

[gps]

port=4

baud=115200

I think my problem was that under [tmc] it had also set com 4 as being a TMC reciever! So I deleted this entry from sys.txt and then deleted "save" folder and now it is stable.

Guest bobhero

Anyone try out the newly released TTSPro voices?

They provide better spoken directions e.g. "Turn left at the gas station ahead"

Guest Dado...

new gurjon skin released

GJ-AK skin for Primo 1.2. Version 1.7.0

Requirements: Primo 1.2 GPS system with 800x480 and 480x272 device resolution

Operating System: WM, WinCE

Overview: GJ-AK (gurjon & arkoko) skin for Primo 1.2

v.1.7.0 01.04.2011

1. Delivered as skin (not branding anymore).

2. Reworked cockpit, drag map and find map.

3. Added POI, zoom, tripcomp.

4. Added user data backup and restore (via external scripts).

5. Reworked all scripts, now only one common '.ini' file (please replace Utility package).

6. In addition, some changes have yet been made, which no longer come to mind

7. A lot of technical repairs.

http://www.mobilepassion.org/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=6046

Guest bobhero

After spending FAR too many hours playing with Primo 1.2 on my two I8000 I am still without answers.

On one phone, Primo 1.2 works 100% stable. No searching for GPS device.

On the other phone Primo 1.2 MAY work once or twice, but will always eventually disconnect the GPS and start doing the autodetection.

The only difference between the 2 phones is that the working one is using the stock radio (IJ6) and the unstable one is using radio (JJ1).

Otherwise, they are both using the same ROM, exact same copy of primo 1.2 folder, and exact same windows GPS settings.

So either the hardware is faulty on the unstable one, or the phone radio (JJ1) is no good.

Edited by bobhero

Guest bobhero

I take back what I said...

I did a hard reset on the GOOD phone and now it is having the same trouble as the other phone... autodetecting GPS .... still a mystery.

Guest bobhero

no one probably cares, but now the "bad" phone with JJ1 is now working perfectly with primo 1.2, and the other "good" phone won't even get a GPS connection in norgarder... I really starting to think Samsung has made truly bad GPS hardware/software implementation here...

Edited by bobhero

Guest bobhero

dado, I am wondering when you say that your Primo 1.2 is stable, if you have tested this when actually driving and navigating or only when stationary?

Because for me and it seem everyone else here and on the other message board, Primo is only stable when stationary not when driving.

Thanks.

Guest dabiz

Hi!

I'm experiecing the following problem: everytime I start the iGo primo it forces me to align the screen, am I the only one with this problem?

Another question: The google local search works fine, but the live traffic doesn't seems to work at all. It is supposed to download the traffic situation from the internet, isn't it? I live in Germany and it doesn't show any traffic Jam (and there are lots of them right here...). I find this function better than TMC as it is quicker and doesn't force you to connect the headset and starts the TMC app...

Guest Liroy76

hi,

after i replaced the file in the data.zip i have the same prob with the screen.

there is no live traffic for germany. try it on google maps ... :)

Guest Dado...

this option for calibration is option is gj-ak skin....

you must have new utility files from gj-ak skin...

also dont forget to add line in sys.txt

[utility]

calibratefix=1

Edited by Dado...

Guest dabiz
this option for calibration is option is gj-ak skin....

you must have new utility files from gj-ak skin...

also dont forget to add line in sys.txt

[utility]

calibratefix=1

I think I don't have this skin... I changed what it is suggested on the top of this page to avoid the hanging problems with the GPS. I tried this utility option with no luck... I still have to calibrate the screen everytime I start the application. more suggestions? Is very annoying to calibrate the screen everytime...

It is a shame that there is no live traffic here in Germany, it would be easier than the TMC. By the way, does this version of the Primo works fine with TMC in your Omnias? I suffered a lot of hang ups, most of them when I start the application.

Guest bobhero

Has anyone tried to connect their PNA with Primo 1.2 using Bluetooth DUN to their Omnia 2?

Does the Omnia 2 bluetooth stack support DUN?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nokia6310
dado, I am wondering when you say that your Primo 1.2 is stable, if you have tested this when actually driving and navigating or only when stationary?

Because for me and it seem everyone else here and on the other message board, Primo is only stable when stationary not when driving.

Thanks.

This version work OK not lost gps signal iGO primoâ„¢ v1.2 (9.2.1.179499) with Premium TMC and various Skins

Guest idrak3

I'm using same version and originaly sys is different, than i'm using sys setting from dado. it's work but always "Autodetecting GPS receiver"

:mellow: