[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest k0zmic
sorry i didnt understand...wipe or no?

also about sms,everything was working until yesterday..vibrate is on always

In recovery just do 'wipe cache' and install.

Not sure then, maybe the upgrade will fix it.

Guest k0zmic
thanks mate ill try!

tell me please what ill lose with wipe cache?

i have to use titanium backup?

Nothing, first boot will just take a little longer.

No, all apps and data are not affected.

I'm gonna post this here while I am investigating. If someone knows what I am on about and can help that would be appreciated but if I take the long road and get there on my own then perhaps it will make interesting reading for someone else.

Brief

I have SS RLS5 (of course) with a 16GB card with two partitions, they work. My second partition, for apps, is half a gig and formatted to ext2.

The phone mounts the second partition in /system/sd

Link2SD app uses /data/sdext2 as the mount point for the second partition and tries to mount it with a script in /etc called install-recovery.sh

On boot install-recovery.sh fails to mount the second partition, presumably because it is already mounted in /system/sd

I can use connectbot to get root shell and run

mount -o bind /system/sd /data/sdext2

This makes the two mountpoints show the data on the second partition reliably, however it does not persist past a full reboot. After rebooting the Android Interface only the apps on this partition are working normally so it will work.

The Chase

What I want to do is make a permanent change so that the second partition is accessible from /data/sdext2 after a full reboot but before the Android Interface starts.

What I have done so far

1) Tried to replace /data/sdext2 with a symbolic link to /system/sd. - This does not work with link2sd as I think it uses df for awareness of free and used space.

2) Tried to find the command that causes the second partition to mount at /system/sd. - I have not found it. looked in /etc/init.rc and other .rc files looked in vold.fstab and in a few other files in desperation.

3) Tried to append the "mount -o bind /system/sd /data/sdext2" command to install-recovery.sh - Nothing

4) Tried to recode install-recovery.sh

5) Tried to add "mount -o bind /system/sd /data/sdext2" to init.qcom.post_boot.sh so that it runs after the device has booted - but this is too late as the interface has already enumerated the apps and the ones on partition 2 were not there when this happened so are not available, restarting the android interface will make them appear, but this is inconvenient.

Perhaps I am missing something obvious, any ideas appreciated, now onward with my investigating.

Thanks,

M

Guest blade_
hello!if im going from rls4b to rls5 does it need to do wipe or no?thanks

also i have to say that i have problems with sms notification...when an sms arrives no sound,no notification,only screen light...can you help on this?

i am finally in rls5 and the problem exists.....help please :)

Edited by blade_

Guest k0zmic
Hi, how go back to android keybord from HTC keybord?

Long press a text input field e.g. text message box and long press then press choose Input Method and select the keyboard you want.

Guest romasis
Long press a text input field e.g. text message box and long press then press choose Input Method and select the keyboard you want.

Thank you very much

Guest blade_

can i install more languages in stock keyboard?thanks

Guest Gibbo501

Another smooth upgrade from a happy JJ customer, although I have noticed keyboard is a bit sluggish when texting, and I can't seem to get transparent proxy working.

UPDATE

The Chase

What I want to do is make a permanent change so that the second partition is accessible from /data/sdext2 after a full reboot but before the Android Interface starts.

Following are some interesting files which I think are causing the mount. It looks like they may be doing this after the interface has begun to initialise.

I will try inserting my mount -o bind line in here and there and see what happens.

Files with Keywork "/system/sd" in them and line of file with keyword:
./system/bin/dtinstall: $bbcmd mount -t auto -o rw $a2sddevmnt /system/sd | $bbcmd tee -a $a2sdlog;
./system/bin/launcha2sd: export mntpoint="/system/sd";
./system/bin/launcha2sd: export mntpoint="/system/sd";
./system/bin/chka2sd: export mntpoint="/system/sd";
./system/bin/starta2sd: export mntpoint="/system/sd";
./system/bin/starta2sd: echo -e "----Directory Listing: /system/sd----" >> $a2sdsys;
./system/bin/starta2sd: $bbcmd ls -la /system/sd >> $a2sdsys;

Files with Keywork "mmcblk0p2" in them and line of file with keyword:
./system/bin/dtinstall: if [ -e /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 ];
./system/bin/dtinstall: export a2sddevmnt="/dev/block/mmcblk0p2";
./system/bin/launcha2sd:# Looking for the device /dev/block/mmcblk0p2. Corrects an issue with the Desire phones.
./system/bin/launcha2sd:# device /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 if it doesn't exists.
./system/bin/launcha2sd: if [ -e /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 ];
./system/bin/launcha2sd: echo -e "[ ] Waiting $a2sdblkdelay seconds to see if /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 shows up." | $tee
./system/bin/launcha2sd: if [ ! -e /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 ];
./system/bin/launcha2sd: echo -e "[!] Creating /dev/block/mmcblk0p2.";
./system/bin/launcha2sd: echo -e "[X] Block device not found: /dev/block/mmcblk0p2" >> $a2sdlf;
./system/bin/launcha2sd: echo -e "[ ] Creating block device /dev/block/mmcblk0p2" >> $a2sdlf;
./system/bin/launcha2sd: $bbcmd mknod /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 b 179 2;
./system/bin/launcha2sd: export a2sdmount=`$bbcmd grep -q -e /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /proc/mounts;echo -e $?;`;
./system/bin/launcha2sd:# /system/bin/e2fsck -p /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 | $tee;
./system/bin/launcha2sd: $bbcmd mount -o noatime,nodiratime -t auto /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 $mntpoint | $tee;
./system/bin/launcha2sd: echo -e "[X] Block Device not found: /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 or /dev/block/mmcblk" >> $a2sdlf;
./system/bin/launcha2sd: echo -e " /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 or /dev/block mmcblk1p2.";
./system/bin/launcha2sd: echo -e " exists on /dev/block/mmcblk0p2.";
./system/bin/chka2sd: if [ -e /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 ];
./system/bin/chka2sd:if [ -e /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 ] || [ -e /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 ];
./system/bin/chka2sd: echo -e " /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 nor /dev/block/mmcblk1p2." | $tee;
./system/bin/chka2sd: echo -e " exists on /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 or /dev/block/mmcblk1p2." | $tee;
./system/bin/chka2sd: echo -e " - $ck /dev/block/mmcblk0p2" | $tee;
./system/bin/starta2sd: $bbcmd df -h /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 | $tee;

Files with Keywork "launcha2sd" in them and line of file with keyword:
./META-INF/CERT.SF:Name: system/bin/launcha2sd
./META-INF/MANIFEST.MF:Name: system/bin/launcha2sd
./system/bin/a2sd:/system/bin/busybox.a2sd echo "[ ] Attempting to launch program: launcha2sd" >> /data/dta2sd.log;
./system/bin/a2sd:/system/bin/bash /system/bin/launcha2sd $a2sdparm;
./system/bin/launcha2sd: echo -e "[ ] Ending program: launcha2sd" >> $a2sdlf;
./system/bin/launcha2sd: echo -e "[ ] Returned to file: launcha2sd" >> $a2sdlf;
./system/bin/launcha2sd:# echo -e "[ ] Ending Program: launcha2sd" >> $a2sdlf;
./system/bin/launcha2sd: echo -e "[ ] Ending Program: launcha2sd" >> $a2sdlf;
./system/bin/launcha2sd:echo -e "[ ] Program Ending: launcha2sd" >> $a2sdlf; [/codebox]

Guest Aurimas L.

4Sbmf.jpg

Old problem with gps signal. That's what Ulysse Speedometer says:

Waiting for reliable GPS signal...

Same with google maps...

Any ideas?

RLS5, gen2

Getting Link2SD working.

UPDATE

Solved...

The problem is that SS comes with A2SD support built in so it pre configures a few things. One of which is the mount-point for the sd card's second partition and this is configured on boot with the script: /system/bin/launcha2sd

So edit that file to add a new instruction for the bind link.

the original instruction:

mount -o bind /system/sd /data/sdext2 is adapted to not break in the script so find the part that reads:

(The bit we're interested in is the last four lines of code....)

# Mounting ext partition and boot protection code.  In CyanogenMod, this code here may cause a 
# runaway condition between Apps2SD and DalvikVM. If that happens, pull the battery and restart
# the phone. This will be worked on a bit more extensively in 2.7.6.
if [ $a2sdblkdev == 1 ];
then
if [ -e /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 ];
then
export a2sdmount=`$bbcmd grep -q -e /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /proc/mounts;echo -e $?;`;
else
export a2sdmount=`$bbcmd grep -q -e /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /proc/mounts;echo -e $?;`;
fi;
if [ $a2sdmount == 1 ];
then
# echo -e "[ ] Checking Ext partition..." | $tee;
# /system/bin/e2fsck -p /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 | $tee;
# $spcmd cm.e2fsck.errors $?;
# echo -e "[ ] e2fsck returned code: `$gpcmd cm.e2fsck.errors;`" >> $a2sdlf;
echo -e "[ ] Mounting ext partitions" | $tee;
if [ -e /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 ];
then
$bbcmd mount -o noatime,nodiratime -t auto /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 $mntpoint | $tee;
else
$bbcmd mount -o noatime,nodiratime -t auto /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 $mntpoint | $tee;
fi;[/codebox]

And change the last few lines so it looks like this:

[codebox] if [ -e /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 ];
then
$bbcmd mount -o noatime,nodiratime -t auto /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 $mntpoint | $tee;
$bbcmd mount -o bind $mntpoint /data/sdext2 |$tee;
else
$bbcmd mount -o noatime,nodiratime -t auto /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 $mntpoint | $tee;
fi;

In each case we add an instruction immediately after the mount instruction to bind it to /data/sdext2

Voilà it works on reboot.

So now I can use the impressive link2sd and have space on both SD and internal memory. :blink:

The bonus is if there is a problem with the SD card apps on the phones internal memory will still work, so critical apps are left there.

Edited by -+-

Guest Pantalon10

Hello,

I have the same problem with RLS5...

<br />Nope and i never had. Infact i was using FLB ROM before and it used to work fine and even yesterday it did work fine for once. <br />And yes the USB debugging is enabled. Restart too did not help.<br />Although i can live with it for now, will be using clockwork to mount SD to be accessed from PC but just that i hope to find a permanent solution for this.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

How did you make (and find) with ClockWork ?

I haven't that on my Blade ... or I didn't find it .

Thx, I appreciate.

Guest feckineejit

Hello i just downloaded ssrl5 and been browsing through a lot of the pages on the forum looking for a theme with the pull down power widget in it, head is sore looking, does anyone know where there is one or if there is one, and yes i was in the themes page but seems like there is no themes for ss rl5. maybe i'm looking to hard and cant see whats in front of my eyes. i did find this link but the thin circle battery themes seem not to work for me. Also i've converted from gen1 to gen2 using wbaw conversion. any help greatly appreciated

Edited by feckineejit

Guest flshg

Hello i just downloaded ssrl5 and been browsing through a lot of the pages on the forum looking for a theme with the pull down power widget in it, head is sore looking, does anyone know where there is one or if there is one, and yes i was in the themes page but seems like there is no themes for ss rl5. maybe i'm looking to hard and cant see whats in front of my eyes. i did find this link but the thin circle battery themes seem not to work for me. Also i've converted from gen1 to gen2 using wbaw conversion. any help greatly appreciated

I think Portuguese spring has the notification power widget (its a rom based on swedish spring 5), but last I read it wasnt working perfectly.

Guest suelle

Hello,

I updated yesterday from Orange stock ROM 2.1 to SS RLS5 via Clockwork including cache wiping and factory reset.

The reboot didn't work, I had to switch the phone one manually.

Finally I restored my apps.

Everything seems to work but com.android.phone is crashing and terminating again and again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by suelle

Guest k0zmic

Hello,

I updated yesterday from Orange stock ROM 2.1 to SS RLS5 via Clockwork including cache wiping and factory reset.

Finally I restored my apps.

Everything seems to work but com.android.phone is crashing and terminating again and again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Did you restore system apps?

Guest suelle

Did you restore system apps?

No. Only user apps.

I just installed SS again. And even before I could connect to my Google account or restore any apps the phone terminated.

Guest Rooster#1

I appear to have killed "live wallpapers" !!!! I have replaced :

LIVEWALLPAPERS.APK

LIVEWALLPAPERSPICKER.APK

MAGICSMOKEWALLPAPERS.APK

All put into SYSTEM/APPS ...but when I press on homescreen, live wallpapers are still not there !!!!

Any ideas please ? cant face a fresh intall !

Thanks

Fixed it....

Edited by Rooster#1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zurpher

Does the GPS problem with Swedish Spring RLS5 still persist?

4Sbmf.jpg

Old problem with gps signal. That's what Ulysse Speedometer says:

Waiting for reliable GPS signal...

Same with google maps...

Any ideas?

RLS5, gen2