[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest femilovechild

Hello all. First comment so please be gentle. I cannot seem to get the gapps installed on my blade. I've gotten it up to the latest nightlies (156) without any problem, but just cannot get the google apps to show up! I boot into recovery, wipe data/cache/dalvik cache, then install gapps-gb-full-20110729-signed.zip, yet i do not get this one time configuration thing that was mentioned, neither can i add a google accout under accounts and sync. The instruction on the first page doesnt help either!(How to install Follow the steps like described in CM7 Nightlies Topic or CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.3) Nightlies Thread!)I go to those links and they were of no use, and the nightlies thread got more than 357 posts for me to trawl through! I will appreciate if anyone can show me what i am doing wrong. P.S: The link http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip is dead incase I do need to install that before installing gapps-gb-full-20110729-signed.zip. Thanks in advance

Guest k0zmic

Hello all. First comment so please be gentle. I cannot seem to get the gapps installed on my blade.

Erm, try installing Gapps without wiping anything after rebooting CM7 a couple of times.

BTW this should be asked in the CM7 thread.

Guest Bulthazar

I have searched for some hours now without finding an answer anywhere so i thought i might try here since there are obviously alot ppl here with far more knowledge about android than me :b

Whenever i receive a notification for either an sms or mail through Gmail unless i remove it the phone wont go to sleep, the screen stays off but it drains battery like crazy.

I loose about 2% battery overnight if nothing happens, but if i receive a sms or mail during the night it has dropped about 50% when i wake up.

Is there any way to fix this or will i have to turn off sync?

I might have solved the sms drain by disabling the notifications for the stock sms app and using the Go Sms Pro instead.

It seems to work but i havent really tried it long enough to make a conclusion.

Is it an issue with android or some specific roms?

Cause i´ve seen others post about the same problem but no one seems to find a solution.

Guest k0zmic

Thanks for great work Kalt. But can i flash it to ZTE Blade N880 (CDMA) ? I hope your answer is, " Yes you can". :)

No, it's a GSM ROM. You'll probably brick your phone if you do try flash it.

My mistake, the phone just won't gain any signal after.

Edited by k0zmic

No, it's a GSM ROM. You'll probably brick your phone if you do try flash it.

But actually i already flash it successfully just 2 hrs ago. Everything was perfect. I see more apps like spare parts, vm heap, titanium backup, etc. The new FM Radio (not FMRadio) cannot open (force closed). The only minus for me (not for all) is that i cant make a phone call and internet :D. So, for Mr. Kalt, can i ask for little more help to customize this custom rom so my Blade CDMA version can online? Thx.

Edited by pawul

Guest k0zmic

But actually i already flash it successfully just 2 hrs ago. Everything was perfect. I see more apps like spare parts, vm heap, titanium backup, etc. The new FM Radio (not FMRadio) cannot open (force closed). The only minus for me (not for all) is that i cant make a phone call and internet :D. So, for Mr. Kalt, can i ask for little more help to customize this custom rom so my Blade CDMA version can online? Thx.

Oh that's awesome. Glad it worked.

Someone actually asked for the same thing as you are now, http://android.modaco.com/topic/343506-zte-blade-n880-cdma/

Unfortunately, there are no replies.

Guest Sheshnag

Just trying out this ROM. Used to be on FLB-Froyo. Some questions if I may?

1. It says the ROM supports Draktremor apps2sd. I am guessing this is SD EXT partition support. How do I activate this?

2. Some pictures of this ROM showed Circle Battery - how do I get this?

Guest k0zmic

Just trying out this ROM. Used to be on FLB-Froyo. Some questions if I may?

1. It says the ROM supports Draktremor apps2sd. I am guessing this is SD EXT partition support. How do I activate this?

2. Some pictures of this ROM showed Circle Battery - how do I get this?

A2SD is automatic as long as you have an EXT Partition. Just install it and it should work.

Have a look for 'Frankish's themes' I think.

Guest blade_

hello all..whats the easiest way to got more free space in internal memory?i have gen1 and rls5...i have used move2sd enabler and for some days i was ok...but now i have almost all my apps to sd and still im in the limit...and every app i download ,the idiot icon om memory appears ...can you help please?

Guest k0zmic

Create an EXT partition on your SD Card to enable A2SD EXT.

Then remove that Move2SD Enabler app.

Try reflash the ROM with just a cache/dalvik wipe. Hopefully, now the apps should be moved to the EXT partition which could give you some more space.

Guest Sheshnag

A2SD is automatic as long as you have an EXT Partition. Just install it and it should work.

Have a look for 'Frankish's themes' I think.

Thanks for this!

BTW can anyone tell me the easiest way to make SD partition. Is the function in ROM Manager any good?

Guest blade_

Create an EXT partition on your SD Card to enable A2SD EXT.

Then remove that Move2SD Enabler app.

Try reflash the ROM with just a cache/dalvik wipe. Hopefully, now the apps should be moved to the EXT partition which could give you some more space.

hello!i did this already!but i need more space!

Guest k0zmic

Thanks for this!

BTW can anyone tell me the easiest way to make SD partition. Is the function in ROM Manager any good?

I personally don't like it, but it might be worth a go. Do a full backup of everything, i.e. Nandroid and copy the contents of your SD onto your PC as it will format your SD Card.

There's this application that people seem to have used with success as well: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

hello!i did this already!but i need more space!

Erm, then you could try enable Dalvik to SD. I'm not too sure how to do it with this ROM though.

Guest doggyjumper

Hi All

Thanks to the excellent info and guides here I have managed (totally new to Android) to install (upgrade) to SS RLS5 :-).

One major problem though. My screen is not responding after booting up. Once I manage it to work (some trick posted on youtube : remove battery- connect usb , wait a while - mount battery has made it possible to kick in ) all is fine as long as I dont shut the phone off . Tried other roms = same deal . reverting back to original all is fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Any specific phoneinfo needed I am happy to provide

tnx

Guy

Edited by doggyjumper

Guest Sheshnag

I have followed the guide and partition my SD - EXT2 Primary 500mb. But both the Rom and Link2SD (app from market) are not seeing it. Using a function in Link2sd it says, the partition is not mounted?? It looks like the room is not mounting the Ext 2 on boot. Any body else having the problem??

Guest Layman57

Have my SF (Belgian version, GEN 1 OLED) ugraded (description: OrangeSanFrancisco.co.uk) and use now SS RLS5. Seems I have a problem with battery: appr. 12h only in standby (only GSM active - no calls, everything else switched off, including screen, closed down running applications). Did I overlook something? Thx.

Guest Gibbo501

I'm afraid I've gone back to Jap Jellyfish. For some reason SS has been really laggy, no matter what I do. I even wiped the SD card and did a fresh install and also tried with a second SD card but it was still the same.

Wiped the card and Jap Jellyfish is flying, much faster than SS.

Is there any way to fix the issue with the sound routing to speaker in VOIP apps on a ROM level? I know that the fixed version of the Skype is available, but I need Viber to work properly.

The CM7 got the issue fixed, but the instability of that ROM (frequent reboots, shooting down while charging, bad multi-touch, bad screen responsiveness, hideous battery life) was too much to bear. I will stick with the SS5, as it is very stable and has the "stock feel", but speaker routing problem fix would be much appreciated.

Guest mickeystar

are there themes for this rom?

edit

ive installed this rom, this is the first custom rom ive had, just got my orange san fransico today and changed from stock rom to this one, however using your rom wifi doesnt work!! it keeps disconnecting, please help

Edited by mickeystar