[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lanseri

Excellent work, thanks for this.

I have a problem though. Since I want to (need to) overclock my Blade, I installed the ahb_overclocked-addon. Problem is, I need to use the comviq-kernel to make my accelerometer work. The ahb-addon breaks the accelerometer, and the comviq-kernel breaks the overclock-capability.

Any way to combine the comviq-stuff and the overclock-stuff?

edit: Just browsed through the pages. Strange that no one else has this problem?

edit: Found solution. Switched to Cyanogenmod and not looking back.

Edited by lanseri

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, firstly, thankyou very much for this I have managed to put it onto 2 phones, the only problem I seem to be having is that before getting rid of the orange rom when a gmail email arrived or a whats app message came in if my phone was asleep it would still get the message now with this rom if the screens been off for a few minutes this doesnt happen, its only after i turn the screen on that any messages show, just wondered if anyone had any ideas? thanks muchly

Guest WelshSteW

Hi,

I'm sorry to ask something that has no doubt been asked a few times before, but I was wondering if removing the apps I didn't want in this ROM is as simple as deleting the apk file in the system\app folder before putting it onto my phone, and if so, are there any that I can't touch if I want the ROM to work?

I don't really need the Car stuff, the Flashlight, or the FM Radios. In fact, I wouldn't mind getting rid of everything I can, and then looking through the market for any apps wanted, because I think I'd get the option of un-installing them if I ever wanted to, whereas if they're included in the ROM, I can't un-install them?

Any thoughts / comments / help would be fantastic :-)

Hi,

I'm sorry to ask something that has no doubt been asked a few times before, but I was wondering if removing the apps I didn't want in this ROM is as simple as deleting the apk file in the system\app folder before putting it onto my phone, and if so, are there any that I can't touch if I want the ROM to work?

I don't really need the Car stuff, the Flashlight, or the FM Radios. In fact, I wouldn't mind getting rid of everything I can, and then looking through the market for any apps wanted, because I think I'd get the option of un-installing them if I ever wanted to, whereas if they're included in the ROM, I can't un-install them?

Any thoughts / comments / help would be fantastic :-)

yes you can remove stuff from /system/app before flashing. Not entirely sure what is 'necessary' but you can uninstall apps after flashing the ROM so I would suggest you do that instead of deleting from /system/app first. Just download titanium backup from the market and you can uninstall any app you want afterwards. That way you are less likely to delete any important app :)

Guest WelshSteW

yes you can remove stuff from /system/app before flashing. Not entirely sure what is 'necessary' but you can uninstall apps after flashing the ROM so I would suggest you do that instead of deleting from /system/app first. Just download titanium backup from the market and you can uninstall any app you want afterwards. That way you are less likely to delete any important app :)

Oh ok, thanks for that cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest actioman2006

Excellent work, thanks for this.

I have a problem though. Since I want to (need to) overclock my Blade, I installed the ahb_overclocked-addon. Problem is, I need to use the comviq-kernel to make my accelerometer work. The ahb-addon breaks the accelerometer, and the comviq-kernel breaks the overclock-capability.

Any way to combine the comviq-stuff and the overclock-stuff?

edit: Just browsed through the pages. Strange that no one else has this problem?

edit: Found solution. Switched to Cyanogenmod and not looking back.

The same problem here, but I pretend to stay with this Rom, any solution? (I think this problem is with news Blades, mine is from last september).

Another question, is there any way to use the 2SD like in CM7? I always have my phone full of stuff... B)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by actioman2006

Guest actioman2006

The same problem here, but I pretend to stay with this Rom, any solution? (I think this problem is with news Blades, mine is from last september).

Another question, is there any way to use the 2SD like in CM7? I always have my phone full of stuff... B)

Thanks in advance!

So there is nobody who can help by giving an answer? Is this rom dead? :unsure:

Guest downloader50

I know this rom is no longer developed but it is still me favorite rom. I have reinstalled after trying Cyanogenmod 7.1 but i cant get the proximity sensor to work does anyone know how to get it to work?

Guest yosefr99

hi

i have installed the Swedish_Spring_RLS5 today on a zte v880.

The camera is not working - i get a messege that the camera is not connected.

please advise.

thanks

Guest dirlan2001

So there is nobody who can help by giving an answer? Is this rom dead? :unsure:

ROM's don't die, they just get succeeded :) Try Moldovan Mile High Mountain (didn't try 7 myself yet) You'll be surprised LOL

I know this rom is no longer developed but it is still me favorite rom. I have reinstalled after trying Cyanogenmod 7.1 but i cant get the proximity sensor to work does anyone know how to get it to work?

Same as higher, try a worthy successor :)

hi

i have installed the Swedish_Spring_RLS5 today on a zte v880.

The camera is not working - i get a messege that the camera is not connected.

please advise.

thanks

V880 ? chinese one or other variant ? If chinese, maybe get lucky here. If not follow the link I gave higher.

:D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest yosefr99

Hi

i tried the two three project rom - the camera is working but the 3G is not working.

i tried the moldovan mile high mountain - the 3G is working but the camera is not., the same with cm7

any suggestions ?

thanks

ROM's don't die, they just get succeeded :) Try Moldovan Mile High Mountain (didn't try 7 myself yet) You'll be surprised LOL

Same as higher, try a worthy successor :)

V880 ? chinese one or other variant ? If chinese, maybe get lucky here. If not follow the link I gave higher.

:D

i was wondering if someone could help explain a battery issue im having.....

has swedish spring installed for a few months now and everything was going fine. last week i used the radio on my phone for the first time, since then my battery is draining a lot quicker than it ever has done.

ive checked the battery usage stats which shows 'cell standby: battery used by cell radio' as the main usage stat. ive searched the forum and this thread for an explanation but havent come up with any conclusions. im not in a low signal area where the phone may be regularly searching for a signal so ive ruled that out??

could anybody throw any light on the situation for me?

thanks in anticipation...

kind regards

fillo

Guest taannuk

i was wondering if someone could help explain a battery issue im having.....

has swedish spring installed for a few months now and everything was going fine. last week i used the radio on my phone for the first time, since then my battery is draining a lot quicker than it ever has done....

I suggest rebooting your phone and then check. I guess this is the radio that causes battery drain...

Guest Shahmatt

I used Swedish Spring RLS4b for many months and it was a great Froyo ROM, but really, you guys should upgrade to Gingerbread.

It's a significant jump really. Smoother performance. Better features.

The ROM Ginger Stir Fry is now outdated. Moldovan Mile High or Fish and Chips are the way to go.

Choose and move up the ladder quick, you should definitely sample GB before Ice Cream Sandwich becomes mainstream.

Guest thaicbr

I used Swedish Spring RLS4b for many months and it was a great Froyo ROM, but really, you guys should upgrade to Gingerbread.

It's a significant jump really. Smoother performance. Better features.

The ROM Ginger Stir Fry is now outdated. Moldovan Mile High or Fish and Chips are the way to go.

Choose and move up the ladder quick, you should definitely sample GB before Ice Cream Sandwich becomes mainstream.

Shahmatt.. Funny you should say that.. over the last week or so i have tried all of the gingerbread roms. I think fish and chips has the fewest problems..It is smooth and you can get most of the features working (not the proximity sensor) but battery drain on all is severe compared to SS. So i'm now going BACK to SS.

Battery is more important to me than it being slightly smother etc.

Guest fox2000

Hello,

I installed SS RLS5 with AOSP contacts but, even if it syncs with Facebook (if I open a contact, I see a link to their Facebook profile), it won't display any profile picture.

Is this normal? I thought that if sync worked, it should have displayed profile pictures in my contacts' list... at least, Gingerbread ROMs do so!!

Thank you :)

Edited by fox2000

• 6 months later...
Guest Mauricio Benigno

It could make one last update for the android 2.2 up to the moment and the best for running games and applications, android 2.3 and always close some applications using the same chainfire3d, and to many difficulties in typing up the same, due to a bug in proximity sensor, always fails, the one to afuncionar and light sensor. would have any chance?

Guest Ar_jay

I cannot fully understand your message but android 2.3 is very stable and greatly improves on froyo. Please let this thread die and try new version of swedish spring.

The proximity sensor error can easily be fixed by going to calibrate proximity sensor under device settings or blade settings in the settings menu.

Guest Mauricio Benigno

The android 2.3.x does not work even half of the games usually work in 2.2.x, and not functioning proximity sensor disrupts both the keyboard as in games, if I can indicr an android rom Froyo I thank you, thank you.