[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest wookie16081965
Just uploaded 2 more themes.

GenerationX Red and Green variants. Only one left is Elegant Steel and all the same themes are available for FLB, MCR, JJ and SS roms. :D

thxs FRANKISH been waiting for red one your the man

Guest andynx1

Hi,

Can anybody quickly tell me how to put an image in a post? I've searched but can't figure it out. I found the "insert image" button, but what do I put in there when the file is on my (linux) pc?

tia!

Guest thanasis00

amazing rom! upgraded from jj rls9 and there is a huge difference! even in battery life! 1 day now with around 1 hour wifi and about an hour of phonecalls and of course 2 hours of music, and battery is at 80%. Nice work! Thanks!

Guest zabtcent
In JJ I hacked Settings.apk in order to enable it but I'm not sure it made any difference. Didn't bother (yet) to enable the checkbox in this ROM. From what I've seen from the default settings in SettingsProvider.apk it should be enabled by default. Did you even notice any difference if you had it enabled or disabled in JJ?

I supose not, hehe. Just curious :D More or less, GPS works great. Then why to bother? Keep up the GREAT WORK KK.

Guest Lasse-hatten
The ONLY time you cannot flash multiple ZIP files is before you let the ROM boot for the first time.
  • Install Main ROM ZIP
  • reboot - let it boot
  • Back to recovery
  • Install as many ZIP's as you like

If anything goes wrong, just re install the main ZIP ROM and start again.

I have installed main ROM ZIP and other ZIP's at the same time several times without any problems.

Indeed.

GPS fix is pretty fast, even on first bootup after rom install. I have been using Navigon Europe yesterday and sat fix has been instant.

Battery life seems to be great as well. Rom flashed on saturday evening, lots of playing around and just recharging now for the first time. . .

Thanks a lot for Your constantly updated work, kallt_kaffe!

Yoko

Guest Poodha

I have an unlimited dataplan so it's not really an issue for me, but shouldn't the A-GPS being constantly turned on an issue for those who don't have free data?

Maybe have a warning or something?

And great work btw! I don't know why, I haven't uninstalled any apps, but first the ROM was just barely faster than JJ, but now it's super responsive! Does ROMs get better after a couple of days and reboots?

Edited by Poodha

Guest Blejder
I did add the smartass governor from the CM7 experimental branch but I have to say performance when down the drain. Monitored the cpu frequency during benchmarks and it seldom went above 480MHz. I also compared that version with what I believe is the "original" smartass code from the flykernel (HTC Hero kernel) and it diffed more than I expected.

What I've done now is that I've taken the smartass governor out of the flykernel source tree and also the interactive governor (out of the CM kernel source tree) and both seems to perform well. I did change 3 parameters in the smartass code to match our clockfrequencys better but that was all.

I will have a look also at BFS and BFQ when I get time. Seen in several places that kernels developers have tried BFS only to switch back to CFS in later revisions so I might put my priority on BFQ first.

Great!:D

Keep us posted.

Guest kaherdin

Went from JJ9 to SS2 yesterday and after a few hours of fiddeln' around with the new ROM I haven't experienced any problems.

Wifi and data works perfectly and speed is great.

For you out there how are thinking about flashing your stock ROM blade to anything different (beyond eclair that is) SS2, this ROM, is highly recommended. It is simple to do and the reward is a better device!

Mr Kallt_Kaffe, as we say in Sweden "För djääävla bra :D " (Good work :D )!

//Kaherdin (Swe)

Guest kallt_kaffe
I did add the smartass governor from the CM7 experimental branch but I have to say performance when down the drain. Monitored the cpu frequency during benchmarks and it seldom went above 480MHz. I also compared that version with what I believe is the "original" smartass code from the flykernel (HTC Hero kernel) and it diffed more than I expected.

What I've done now is that I've taken the smartass governor out of the flykernel source tree and also the interactive governor (out of the CM kernel source tree) and both seems to perform well. I did change 3 parameters in the smartass code to match our clockfrequencys better but that was all.

I will have a look also at BFS and BFQ when I get time. Seen in several places that kernels developers have tried BFS only to switch back to CFS in later revisions so I might put my priority on BFQ first.

Some more info...

In the next release I will propably boot the kernel overclocked to 652.8MHz with the lower end set to 122.88MHz (should be save for everyone), also my version of the smartass governor will be the default. I've configured the smartass governor to use max 245.76MHz when idle and never go below 480MHz when active. That should keep the phone responsive when used and keep the battery usage low when idle.

Regarding BFS not even CyanogenMod uses it asfaik. I've seen some references that they did use it in experimental kernels 2009 but they doesn't seem to do it anymore. (Please do correct me if I am wrong).

When it comes to BFQ I am still testing. I started with BFQ v1 and also tested with BFQ v2. Quadrant scores is not any better, if anything they are actually lower but I need to test some more to be sure.

Guest Rotmann
Hi,

Can anybody quickly tell me how to put an image in a post? I've searched but can't figure it out. I found the "insert image" button, but what do I put in there when the file is on my (linux) pc?

tia!

You have to attach it (press Choose and UPLOAD down, on the right side).

Guest AlphaVision

Really love the SS! Thanks for the work! I have a question. How can I disable SIM contacts using the AOSP dialer? I don't have the option in the display contacts menu

Guest mon3em

hey

i wonder if i can change the menu animation (3rd slide) in swedish spring RLS2 as the one in FLB rom.

any ideas how can i change it ?

Guest andynx1

I posted earlier that I thought my ss blade had a froyo keyboard, in fact it has the gb keyboard - but it's different to my nexus one gb keyboard:

Keyboard with "hello" highlighted, blade on the left, nexus one on the right:

blade.jpgnexus.jpg

That's why I thought I didn't have the gb keyboard on the blade...

Curious that the keys are a little taller on the Nexus One keyboard, I don't think it's because the nexus has cap showing.

Edited by andynx1

Guest Kalecgos
Hi,

someone else facing problem with Exchange account? I can't setup my Exchange account, typed in correct address, username, password. It tries to connect and then finish with message can't correct and two buttons Edit details or Ignore.

Should I install some path or something else?

thanks

Exchange is not working for me either.

Guest AlphaVision

Kallt - to summarize from my 1 day use so far:

Good: system is fast and stable. So far everything works nicely except for the listed below:

Bad: I hope you can fix those

- limited system locales. I had Bulgarian locale in JJ. Can you implement it in SS as well? I cannot switch to bulgarian keyboard with this ROM and I guess it is the locale missing. Had no such problems with the JJ rom

- missing "Show/Hide SIM contacts" option in the contacts -> dislpay options menu with the stock AOSP dialer

- a bug showing weird square instead of a horizontal arrow when contracting call history for a single contact using the stock AOSP dialer

I hope those can be fixed. Keep up the good work, Kallt