[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest andreasTheJoker

I have a problem.

First of all sorry if it is written here but i tried the ss today and from my little search i didnt found something.

I have cm7 rls4 and i tried to put ss rls4. Did a full backup with titanium and i went to ss (i did a wipe data/cache and everything was ok)

But when i tried to restore my programs some of then didnt restore allthough i could see the icons in menu. And when i open them a message comes out like a force close.

And when i try to restore them with titanium phone restarts.

Some of them was angry birds , fruit ninja , powerAmp etc etc.

Anyone knows what i can do to fix this or if it is explained somewhere redirect me?

Guest Filipe Catalao
It's up to the app developer to make their apps support moving to sd card. And they can't if their app uses a widget or a service. You can use this to allow you to move anything: http://www.appbrain.com/app/move2sd-enable...installlocation

But if you move an app to your sd card - you will break it's widgets. Also... don't move your launcher or keyboard.

BUT for example, de Navigon is ready to do that, but I can't.

In tutorial of that offline GPS, says for add or manage maps and other stuffs, I need to go to the program location in SD. But there's no sd location for me. other users with other mobiles, have it installed on sdcard by default :s

Guest digital0
Aura works for me under RLS4 - still has a problem about its estimate of arrival time but I don't think that is anything to do with the ROM.

Which Aura version? 2.0 build R-18575 force closes here.

Guest Simono
Just tried this and the battery indicator is stuck on 23% :D

Is there a fix or failing this, can I go back to the original battery indicator?

Just install StockTheme-SS.zip via ClockWork from Frankish Unified Theme

Guest hecatae
Not at first, I had to edit the APN settings and then it worked but the APN settings cannot be edited in this rom.

/sytem/etc/apns-conf.xml

Guest Rotmann
Tried Widgetsoid, but it shows additional popup when I press toggle :D

You can disable that in the settings for the notification bar widget so that there is no new pop-up and that the clicked setting gets changed . It worked on the desire HD with stock ROM, you'll have to try it on SS. Do restart after changing the setting.

Guest Vyker
Has anyone been able to sync their exchange server with this rom??

I have, it took ages though, kept disconnecting, I thought maybe it was my company exchange, but it was working fine on my other phone.

Once it was done, its been solid ever since.

A great ROM without doubt.

Another note, the signal strength has been GREATLY increased for me since moving from FLB r8a.

Not sure what has changed, but i get good signal in places where i would get no service at all previously, really pleased!

Guest purplehead
I have, it took ages though, kept disconnecting, I thought maybe it was my company exchange, but it was working fine on my other phone.

Once it was done, its been solid ever since.

A great ROM without doubt.

I had to erase the email app's data, because the app force closed after I restored my data to SS4. After that, I just configured my email account again and everything worked perfectly! I find the email app to be far better on Froyo, also :D

Guest mrflibbles
Another note, the signal strength has been GREATLY increased for me since moving from FLB r8a.

Not sure what has changed, but i get good signal in places where i would get no service at all previously, really pleased!

Have you made calls / had data in those areas? It could mean that the signal strength indicator is not working correctly. This increased signal strength indicator was a 'feature' of an earlier version of JJ. But it wasn't real.

You're not a T-Mobile / Orange user are you? Recently signed up for dual-network capability?

Finally I registered so I could say thank you ... I started using this ROM with the second release and it seems to be fine for me, everything I try to do just seems to work. I guess I'll push it a bit more when I finally make the switch to GiffGaff from Orange.

Thanks kallt_kaffe :D

Guest Nognir

Guys, how's your battery life on that one? Mine lasts from less than 1 day with roughly 4 hours on 3G/wifi and auto brightness (max when being outdoors) from less than 2 days when I keep brightness to auto and use no data connection at all, 1-2 hours of music playback in both situations and perhaps 0-10 minutes of videoclips. Isn't it supposed to last a bit more? I don't do any gaming on that, have hw_ui enabled and ahb overclock installed, use the "ondemand" governor on 122-600. I've done an empty battery wipe, when I got disappointed I tried a full battery wipe but there was no change at all

Guest sebastianand
I had to erase the email app's data, because the app force closed after I restored my data to SS4. After that, I just configured my email account again and everything worked perfectly! I find the email app to be far better on Froyo, also :D

how did you do that

Guest h@mster81

Regarding battery life this ROM is a bit dodgy IMHO. Last night it was 100%. In the morning (6-7 hrs later) it was still 100%. (usually it is not more than 2-3%)

I was listening to music on the way to work and checked my e-mails. I just put my phone on the desk and after 0.5 hour I noticed that battery indicator was "counting down". It was dropping by 1% in every 2-3 minutes while governor was switched to Powersave. I did force close every unnecessary apps when started working! I just rebooted the phone and now everything is back to normal. Battery was at 70% at 10 and it is still 70% after 4 hours in deep sleep.

Same thing happens every day and only rebooting stops that weird battery drain.

EDIT: Forgot to add that it is the dialer what drains the battery. It keeps the phone awake.

Edited by h@mster81

Guest purplehead
how did you do that

You have to go to Settings - Applications, tap the Email app and select clear data.

Then, when you run the app again, you will have to setup the email account from the start.

Guest Aarvee

Hi guys,

not sure if this has been answered before.

I flashed this Rom today. Apps like gmail, market are not working over gprs.

but am able to access them thru the browser. Any help grea

tly appreciated.

Guest sebastianand
You have to go to Settings - Applications, tap the Email app and select clear data.

Then, when you run the app again, you will have to setup the email account from the start.

Still can't get it to work, tried the account on a stock rom blade on my colleague's phone and it wokred like a charm but not on this spring rom

Guest Kalecgos

Tried the newest 4b and Exchange still isnt working for me. Did the usual wipe when installing the ROM. Also did the E-Mail data wipe someone mentioned above. Just can not setup the account.

Guest Blasphemous
/sytem/etc/apns-conf.xml

Thanks hecatae but what do I do with that file in order to get MMS working?

Thank you in advance.

Blas.

Edited by Blasphemous

Guest Magnets

Nobody else getting wakelock problems with RLS4b? (sometimes phone stays awake all the time, requires a reboot to fix it)

And a question... after install, and restore (TitaniumBackup-where data also needed / reinstall anyway) the apps, something prevents the phone from sleeping normally - "wake up pressing the HOME key f.e.). After reboot, no problem with this. The question is: is there a way to turn out what app. prevents the normal sleep state? I killed all apps I did not needed, but it did not make any difference.

Did you have this problem with RLS3?

Anyone have a link & md5 of RLS4?

Edited by Magnets

Guest gusthy
Guys, how's your battery life on that one? Mine lasts from less than 1 day with roughly 4 hours on 3G/wifi and auto brightness (max when being outdoors) from less than 2 days when I keep brightness to auto and use no data connection at all, 1-2 hours of music playback in both situations and perhaps 0-10 minutes of videoclips. Isn't it supposed to last a bit more? I don't do any gaming on that, have hw_ui enabled and ahb overclock installed, use the "ondemand" governor on 122-600. I've done an empty battery wipe, when I got disappointed I tried a full battery wipe but there was no change at all

Mine with ahb overclock kernel lasts around twice the CM7 ROM. I removed from charger at 7AM, and now it is at 40% with 71 mins(!) of phone calls (on GPRS network, not 3G), 1 hour of ebook reading, web browsing, emailing, SMS chatting etc, company email is synced every 30 mins, gmail autosync off.

Guest MidaMilunk
Nobody else getting wakelock problems with RLS4b? (sometimes phone stays awake all the time, requires a reboot to fix it)

Did you have this problem with RLS3?

Anyone have a link & md5 of RLS4?

Yes it behaved the same with RLS3.

Anyway, a task killer saves the day. I am going to kill the tasks one-by-one, but usually I am just not patient enough to do this! My latest guess was Titanium Backup, but it seems not to be guilty, since killing it did not change a single thing, but after a "kill all" the device could be suspended again!