[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Lord_Snake

KK, my congratulations by this fantastic ROM. Very very smooth and battery friendly even with overclock!

Will it have any update? Or this is final?

Already wondering if you will do another ROM to the Blade! :)

Guest arpakyna
actually, it seemed to be quite slow, just flashed it and done quadrant/neocore...i would prefer FLB over this...quadrant is only 400 and neocore falls around 36 FPS when i was getting 40 FPS on FLB :/

For me RLS5 is very snappy. Certainly faster than CM7 and I would say on par/slightly faster than FLB in actual use. I did convert my phone to gen2, but I don't know if that should make any difference. I have hardware acceleration on and AHB overclocked btw. Quadrant gives 527 points, in CM7 it was a little over 900 @ 710 Mhz, and in FLB ~850ish.

KK didn't say a word about any tweaking made to sound but it's a lot louder on my headphones than it was earlier. Especially on the stock music player which was quieter than any other. Anyone has similar sights?

Now that you mention it, I've noticed this too. Before it was hard to hear some of the quieter recorded lectures I have on the phone with the volume fully up (in CM7 I had to pump everything up a couple decibels in the included equalizator), now I can actually go one or two notches down from full volume.

Still, I'm not going to argue it necessarily is louder. Might be just more or less tired ears, better placement of headphones on the ears, background noise etc.

Btw, Thanks for the ROM Kallt_Kaffe

Edited by arpakyna

Guest shad0wboss
For me RLS5 is very snappy. Certainly faster than CM7 and I would say on par/slightly faster than FLB in actual use. I did convert my phone to gen2, but I don't know if that should make any difference. I have hardware acceleration on and AHB overclocked btw. Quadrant gives 527 points, in CM7 it was a little over 900 @ 710 Mhz, and in FLB ~850ish.

Now that you mention it, I've noticed this too. Before it was hard to hear some of the quieter recorded lectures I have on the phone with the volume fully up (in CM7 I had to pump everything up a couple decibels in the included equalizator), now I can actually go one or two notches down from full volume.

Still, I'm not going to argue it necessarily is louder. Might be just more or less tired ears, better placement of headphones on the ears, background noise etc.

Btw, Thanks for the ROM Kallt_Kaffe

actually, this rom is fast UI wise but gaming wise, it's quite slow i would say. FLB seems to be faster, i won't know why but quadrant can give out false results so i'm only relying on neocore. CM7 in this case is the fastest, gaming wise because 2.3 is tweaked to have faster gaming performance.

Guest liamdunn

Kalt you are the man my friend, another fantastic Rom which works great and as it should do im happy that it now displays GiffGaff and not Telefonica o2 or whatever it was but the most important is getting the black background back on the Message screen, wasnt a fan of it being white it didnt look all that good, i made the move from JJ RLS8 so feels nice and familiar

Cheers for your hard work :)

I dont know why everyone goes nuts for CM7 ive tried it and personally it aint all that good too bloated with options and other stuff IMO, im verry happy with SS and shall be sticking with kalt all the way

Guest psycho84

This rom is great.It is fast ui wise and application start wise.Havent really tested it much gaming wise, angry birds works just fine.WiFi works great with no disconnections.The only thing that bothers me is that my accelerometer doesn't work.It worked great on stock orange 2.1 rom but now it doesn't.I've wiped before installation as suggested.Fix by loading a stock 2.2 rom given in first post wouldn't work for me because i have gen1 device,and it is only for gen2 devices.Any suggestions on this would be appreciated (or a fix for that matter). Other than that i love this rom.Thanks you KK!

Guest x-ato

Hi everyone!

I have problem with the Swedish_Spring_RLS5, I have a GEN1 zte blade and i have installed the ROM, everything looks GOOD! But i cannot recharge my battery! i had my battery drained and put it on charge...the right bottom button (Return) turns red but the battery dont charge! The phone only boots up with charger plugged in and after the android logo apears, the phone reboots!

Can anyone help me!

Thanks!

Guest 167pk
Hi everyone!

I have problem with the Swedish_Spring_RLS5, I have a GEN1 zte blade and i have installed the ROM, everything looks GOOD! But i cannot recharge my battery! i had my battery drained and put it on charge...the right bottom button (Return) turns red but the battery dont charge! The phone only boots up with charger plugged in and after the android logo apears, the phone reboots!

Can anyone help me!

Thanks!

IN THIS CASE , YOU MUST COMPLETED 3 WIPES AND REFLASH THE ROM

Guest Konstaa
Hi everyone!

Can anyone help me!

Thanks!

Maybe you should have a new battery. The old one may be damaged.

Guest TheBrainKafka

Is AGPS enabled in this rom?

How do I get the circel mod in the rom (on my phone). Just the circle, nothing else..... ?

Just an offtopic question: Is there a Modaco app ???

Edited by TheBrainKafka

Guest Aurimas L.

Hmz...

Only yesterday I noticed, that gps doesn't seem to work... It finds sats, but gmaps can't determinate my current location. What's wrong?

Edited by Aurimas L.

Guest crblues
Hmz...

Only yesterday I noticed, that gps doesn't seem to work... It finds sats, but gmaps can't determinate my current location. What's wrong?

Hello, I've just found the same issue, did you updated an existing install from rls 4 or did you made a clean install? I updated mine and found the error. I'm trying a clean install right now...

Ok I've just installed from scratch and the gps is working fine... so i guess, you shouldn't upgrade from rls4 but instead do a full wipe and then install.

Edited by crblues

Guest Christian Edwards

Just flashed to RLS5 from FLB and finding this ROM is a bit faster but.....

I really liked having the the power toggles widget in the notifications bar in FLB.

Is there a way to add it to this rom?

I've looked at lots of apps which only only add shortcuts to the toggles which isn't what I wanted.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Guest Chris Banks

What settings are people using/recommend for No-frills CPU Control to get max performance when screen on, and low usage when screen off?

(Currently using RLS4b)

Thanks

Guest k0zmic
Just flashed to RLS5 from FLB and finding this ROM is a bit faster but.....

I really liked having the the power toggles widget in the notifications bar in FLB.

Is there a way to add it to this rom?

I've looked at lots of apps which only only add shortcuts to the toggles which isn't what I wanted.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Look a few pages back, I think someone found an app.

Guest k0zmic
What settings are people using/recommend for No-frills CPU Control to get max performance when screen on, and low usage when screen off?

(Currently using RLS4b)

Thanks

Just use 600MHz screen on and screen off 125MHz at the least.

Guest k0zmic
how can i install rls5 without wipe? i have rls4.

I will lose my data and/or apps?

Its recommended do a wipe or not?

thanks

Just wipe cache and Dalvik cache and it'll preserve all data and apps.

Guest Aurimas L.
Hello, I've just found the same issue, did you updated an existing install from rls 4 or did you made a clean install? I updated mine and found the error. I'm trying a clean install right now...

Ok I've just installed from scratch and the gps is working fine... so i guess, you shouldn't upgrade from rls4 but instead do a full wipe and then install.

Hi,

I updated from rls5b without wipe. Ok, i'll try to wipe cache and dalvik cache. If it doesn't work I'll do full wipe.

Edited by Aurimas L.

Guest Mikeandme

I did not wipe and GPS works fine. GEN1 phone

Guest german_psycho
Hmz...

I have no problem with GPS, updated RLS3 to RLS5.

So, if your GPS doesn't work, try a full wipe and do a fresh install of RLS5 and see if the error still persists..