[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest dibbles
GEN 1

It might seem strange but I can assure you that when I was on GEN 1 on my B08 San Fran I always got huge Dialler issues under partial wake usage. I even posted about them. I have not got a clue as to why this would happen but since I then changed my phone to GEN 2 it now no longer occurs.

I do not know if this is typical or can be repeated by those having the same issue with a GEN 1 phone but I'm so glad that it no longer occurs for me.

Guest Coxeroni

I also switched back from CM7 after using wbaw's TPT method to update to GEN2. Now it seems as there is not enough space to install apps, though I think this is due to the small cache partition. Any ideas how to solve this?

Edit: Cache is fairly big, this is what "df -h" tells me:

df -h

Filesystem				Size	  Used Available Use% Mounted on

tmpfs				   210.2M	 12.0K	210.2M   0% /dev

/dev/block/mtdblock5	136.0M	119.4M	 16.6M  88% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock6	302.9M	 80.8M	222.1M  27% /data

/dev/block/mtdblock8	  1.5M	  1.1M	380.0K  75% /persist

tmpfs					 4.0M		 0	  4.0M   0% /sqlite_stmt_journals

tmpfs				   210.2M		 0	210.2M   0% /mnt/asec

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2	 29.1M	 27.6M	  3.0K 100% /system/sd

tmpfs					42.0M	  1.1M	 40.9M   3% /cache

/dev/block/vold/179:1

7.6G	  5.7G	  1.8G  76% /mnt/sdcard

/dev/block/vold/179:1

7.6G	  5.7G	  1.8G  76% /mnt/secure/asec

/dev/block/dm-0		  14.2M	 12.5M	  1.7M  88% /mnt/asec/com.rovio.angr

ybirdsrio-1

Edited by Coxeroni

Guest Gazda Jezda

Hi!

I'm new on forum and this is my first post so i believe that very first thing i must say is: A BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO IS RESPONSIBLE THAT MY LITTLE ZTE BLADE (GEN1) IS FILLED WITH SS RLS5 FIRST DAY I GOT IT AND WORKING SO BEAUTIFULLY :mellow: AND I REALLY MEAN THAT!!! BLADE is simply best buy :o

And i also would like to ask you guys if scenario below is doable (will work / not brick my ZTE):

- made a backup of my current ROM (with Clockwork Recovery)

- upgrade my Blade to GEN2

- install a Clockwork Recovery for GEN2

- wipe all

- restore a GEN1 backup with new (GEN2 aware) Clockwork

- flash SS RLS5 with new (GEN2 aware) Clockwork, without wiping anything

Will this work? Since SS RLS5 is kind of GEN1/GEN2 aware i think it cannot brick my phone, but i really like to ask first than cry after :D

I just wannt to upgrade my phone to GEN2 and then run SS RLS5 like there was nothing happen (without reinstalls or backup/restore festival).

Also, i'm not in a hurry so even if i don't upgrade, nothing bad will happen :D

Main reason for upgrade is that as i see GEN2 with time will have much better support than GEN1 and also as i read, it is better (additional/better radio support).

Thank you very much for an answer.

With best regards.

Edited by Gazda Jezda

Guest Len Ash
Hi!

I'm new on forum and this is my first post so i believe that very first thing i must say is: A BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO IS RESPONSIBLE THAT MY LITTLE ZTE BLADE (GEN1) IS FILLED WITH SS RLS5 FIRST DAY I GOT IT AND WORKING SO BEAUTIFULLY :mellow: AND I REALLY MEAN THAT!!! BLADE is simply best buy :o

And i also would like to ask you guys if scenario below is doable (will work / not brick my ZTE):

- made a backup of my current ROM (with Clockwork Recovery)

- upgrade my Blade to GEN2

- install a Clockwork Recovery for GEN2

- wipe all

- restore a GEN1 backup with new (GEN2 aware) Clockwork

- flash SS RLS5 with new (GEN2 aware) Clockwork, without wiping anything

Will this work? Since SS RLS5 is kind of GEN1/GEN2 aware i think it cannot brick my phone, but i really like to ask first than cry after :D

I just wannt to upgrade my phone to GEN2 and then run SS RLS5 like there was nothing happen (without reinstalls or backup/restore festival).

Also, i'm not in a hurry so even if i don't upgrade, nothing bad will happen :D

Main reason for upgrade is that as i see GEN2 with time will have much better support than GEN1 and also as i read, it is better (additional/better radio support).

Thank you very much for an answer.

With best regards.

There is no need to rush to change to Gen 2 - you would then have a choice of 1 working ROM and 1 non-working ROM, whereas Gen 1 has dozens of working ROMs. Since you are new to the phone, why not spend some time actually using it and look around this site?

Not sure where the term "upgrade" came from. The evidence concerning any radio "improvement" is still largely anecdotal.

Just so nobody runs away with the idea that "changing" to Gen 2 is an absolute necessity outside of Beta testing CM7.

Guest Paden
There is no need to rush to change to Gen 2 - you would then have a choice of 1 working ROM and 1 non-working ROM, whereas Gen 1 has dozens of working ROMs. Since you are new to the phone, why not spend some time actually using it and look around this site?

Not sure where the term "upgrade" came from. The evidence concerning any radio "improvement" is still largely anecdotal.

Just so nobody runs away with the idea that "changing" to Gen 2 is an absolute necessity outside of Beta testing CM7.

That's good to hear said LanceH.

With all the Gen2 related threads going around I was feeling the need to change purely to remain current.

It wouldn't have been to CM7 as yet, probably this ROM or your Japanese variant.

Great work all!

Cheers, Paul

Guest digital0

At least one user reported he gets signal in the place where there was no signal with gen1.

Guest calza
At least one user reported he gets signal in the place where there was no signal with gen1.

He said anecdotal evidence and you just proved him right by saying that.

I am still on JJ9, never crashs, good battery but is there a good enough reason to switch to SS?

Guest wskinnr

First of all I'm a newbie here. and would just like to say that I have just updated from CM7.0.0 to SS rls 5. It is SOOOOO much better. GPS works fine, even got HSPDA now as well as G and 3G connection.

The only thing I can find wrong so far is when I put the phone on AC charge, it only shows its on AC for a few seconds, then shows USB. Is it still AC charging and a glitch in the ROM, or would I have a more serious problem?

Edited by wskinnr

Guest k0zmic
He said anecdotal evidence and you just proved him right by saying that.

I am still on JJ9, never crashs, good battery but is there a good enough reason to switch to SS?

SS is may work better for you. Personally, I find it more refined than JJ. Just Nandroid and try it out for a while.

Guest frenchy77
Yes, I would def wipe and that includes the davlik cach as I have done this and since moving from CM7, I havent had any GPS issues. as a matter of fact, it picks up my location quite a bit faster than CM7.

is that a simple thing to do..? i tried to search around for a link/instruction on here but i am truely a noob and cannot find one :mellow:

do i need to get the titanium backup apk..? what does it do exactly..?

Guest bram.de.klerk

my blade never showed the right operator name on my phone ( i have "B mobistar" ) but it always showed "france telecom" not that it really matters. but since i have gen2 all roms show the correct name. also on gen 2 i'm running at 710mhz with crashes :mellow: and the battery life is great.

i find everything about this rom great

Guest Gazda Jezda

Great man, thank you for your answer. But still, will my scenario work?

Thank you.

I don't know if it is kernel controlled, but battery life can be increased.

I've found out that the phone shuts itself off when the battery reaches 3.4v. Thats very conservative for a Lithium Polymer battery as they can go down to 3v without damage. I get 4% Battery life at 3.5v.

Anyways if it can be controlled via the kernel:

4.2V should be 100%

3.6v should be 50%

3v should be 0%

Measurements were taken with "Spare Parts" app and my multimeter.

Guest ChrisDUK

(Just signed up to MoDaCo to get this rom, Hi)

Installed RLS5 yesterday to replace CM7 which lagged and was a bit "unpredictable" (not quite unstable, but not far off :o).

This is way better, seems very fast, everything seems to work so far and it doesn't feel nearly as bloated as CM7.

The only thing that could improve it (IMHO) would be a power control widget in the notification bar thingy like in FLB and CM7.

Keep up the good work :mellow:

EDIT: I like the HTC_IME keyboard too, for some reason I actually prefer it to the gingerbread one.

Edited by ChrisDUK

Guest eMarcus

Feature Request:

I hope that is the right place for raising feature requests :-)

I love SS - however, there is one big reason I am currently using CM7 on my phone (using SS only on my second blade which I use with different Prepaid SIMs when traveling abroad):

As I need an 8 digit PIN to unlock my display (for security reasons, don't ask...), I need the ability to configure different timeouts for turning off the display and locking the display. CM7 supports this (to my knowledge, the only custom ROM supporting this). Any chance to bring that feature into a next release of Swedish Spring?

Thanks,

bye

Marcus.

Guest sumdumguy

Flashed from gen1-decrossed.rom to gen2-ss5.rom and now my ac charger won't charge the phone :mellow: I have to use the slow usb charging.

The roms nice though.

Edited by sumdumguy

Guest lpinho

Hi all,

installed sl5 yesterday and I cannot use my bluetooth device to start a call in my phone, I have to manually dial the number (or select the contact) and only then I'm able to use the bluetooth earpiece.

I'm able to use the bluetooth in all other ROMs that I've tried (R12,sebastians,flbs).

Anyone else had that problem and was able to solve it?

Note: I'm able to detect the bluetooth device, pair with it and mantain a call, I just cannot start the call using the bluetooth device button :mellow:

Thanks,

L. Pinho

Edited by lpinho