[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Baltar

In FLB-rom it has an addon saying "Reboot", it allows to reboot normally the phone, go directly to recovery-clockwork or another option, that I don't remember, how can I install that addon in Swedish Spring?

Guest kallt_kaffe

Heads up! The aosp contacts addon that I posted erlier today was not compatible with the SMS/MMS app in the ROM so if you installed it you will not be able to send or receive SMS/MMS. I've just updated the first post with an updated version of the aosp_contacts addon that also includes the AOSP SMS/MMS app (same as in JJ) and with that SMS/MMS works again. If you are not using the aosp_contacts addon you can safely ignore this post.

Guest dadashi
No, you must do a wipe.

thanx, I tried it before your reply...it installed and booted fine but Wifi amongst other things don't work for a start...

Guest Baltar
Heads up! The aosp contacts addon that I posted erlier today was not compatible with the SMS/MMS app in the ROM so if you installed it you will not be able to send or receive SMS/MMS. I've just updated the first post with an updated version of the aosp_contacts addon that also includes the AOSP SMS/MMS app (same as in JJ) and with that SMS/MMS works again. If you are not using the aosp_contacts addon you can safely ignore this post.

Congratulation on your great work.

Is it possible to join both files Swedish_Spring_RLS2.zip and Swedish_Spring_RLS2_aosp_contacts.zip, and then install the rom?

Guest Ice-berg

Is it possible to install this ROM applications on SD card (ext partition)? I have a partition on the card(ext3)or in this case, the application will be automatically transferred to SD?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Congratulation on your great work.

Is it possible to join both files Swedish_Spring_RLS2.zip and Swedish_Spring_RLS2_aosp_contacts.zip, and then install the rom?

Yes, but ONLY copy the system folder (with contents) from aosp_contacts into the main .zip file. the other folder contains an install script that in the aosp_contacts doesn't do all the stuff that the full install does (and needs).

Guest kallt_kaffe
Is it possible to install this ROM applications on SD card (ext partition)? I have a partition on the card(ext3)or in this case, the application will be automatically transferred to SD?

Have not tested it but yes it should work. Darktremors A2SD is included just like in JJ.

Guest dadashi
Have not tested it but yes it should work. Darktremors A2SD is included just like in JJ.

It found my Ext2 partition and works straight out of the box without having to install any app2sd or similar...

great work Kallt_Kaffe, just installing my 180 apps Titanium backups...

I've used your JJ9 and FLBs 10 but I'm still looking for the Froyo with the best battery life...eclair used to give many days standby but froyos don't....

Edited by dadashi

Guest Baltar
Yes, but ONLY copy the system folder (with contents) from aosp_contacts into the main .zip file. the other folder contains an install script that in the aosp_contacts doesn't do all the stuff that the full install does (and needs).

Great, thanks for the fast answer. Did that and everything went smoothly :D

Guest Baltar

Don't know if it was related to this issue, but Handcent was always giving me a FC when I received a message and phone was in sleep mode, after this update didn't happen again.

Guest Baltar
In FLB-rom it has an addon saying "Reboot", it allows to reboot normally the phone, go directly to recovery-clockwork or another option, that I don't remember, how can I install that addon in Swedish Spring?

Tried copying "com.modaco.reboot.apk" from FLB-Rom, but no luck, is there any other way or similar addon?

Guest Len Ash
thanx, I tried it before your reply...it installed and booted fine but Wifi amongst other things don't work for a start...

|Fine here, like JJ

Guest Jekle

Is this a known problem (I wiped everything b4 you ask) The Gallery loads the pictures really slowly. It's not the amount of pictures because in any other ROM it loads them quickly

Guest Len Ash

Swedish Spring RLS2 with AOSP Contacts integrated and 32M VM Heap set (rather than stock 24M). Allows user to flash just the once...

SS RLS2 w/contacts md5 7a459f0087a1c041416e665c509e24ac

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Blümchen Blau

Installed all packages but the Swedish_Spring_RLS2_aosp_contacts.zip on a new SanFran (from ok-mobile, CH) I bought yesterday.

Nice, but had one problem that brought me back to FLB10b (I have a Blade from Yesss, A since Dec.) was that trying to connect to my WLAN didn't work and my Network (AVM Fritz.Box 7270) rebooted. Happend a couple of times reproducable. Setting a fixed IP didn't help too.

Sad, cause I wanted to give other rom's apart from flibblesans a chance.

BB

Guest StevenHarperUK

Good

Wifi Works fine (N/G/B Router on WPA2 PSK)

setCPU - overclock works great

Keyboard seems really snappy and responsive

One of each contact (Don't use Facebook contact thing)

FM Radio (ZTE one works)

Deleting an Email in GMail works fine (for me)

Touch screen feels very very responsive

Auto brightness goes all the way down to off.

Map works with multitouch and Twist

GPS lock correctly and fast

Bad

Gallery - Slow to Load (didn't thumbnail a video - is this a clue) - Much faster on 2nd visit

Nice Radio APP (andorko V0.6) - no sound from headphones until I leave the app (while tuned in) and re open via notification bar

Ugly

Really looking forward to a Nice Theme with a Thin Circle Battery (hint hint Frankish)

All in all - very very nice.

This is my new ROM I think.

However as I have just gone through all the pa-lava of backing up and stuff I may give a few newish ROM's a go before I start unpacking all my stuff here.

Guest kallt_kaffe
GMail FCs when trying to delete mail... AOSP in.

Odd!

Fixed in next version. Seems I accidently deleted a folder that I shouldn't have deleted when I cleaned off some mdpi graphics in Gmail.apk. Thanks for making me aware of the problem.