[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest JT_daniel

I'm having real issues with this ROM.

Yesterday, it crashed THRICE-

1. When I was making an innocuous call to my mom

2. When I switched on the camera

3. When I tried launching the camcorder (well same as the camera)

Today, I installed Barcode scanner and when it tried accessing the camera, the app crashed. And before that, in the morning, the phone went into freeze for no reason at all, when I was checking my tweets using Seesmic.

I'm having no problems with the rest of the stuff- Tethering is awesome, Wifi is terrific, call never drops. Would be grateful if the developer looks into it!

Guest Len Ash
I'm having real issues with this ROM.

Yesterday, it crashed THRICE-

1. When I was making an innocuous call to my mom

2. When I switched on the camera

3. When I tried launching the camcorder (well same as the camera)

Today, I installed Barcode scanner and when it tried accessing the camera, the app crashed. And before that, in the morning, the phone went into freeze for no reason at all, when I was checking my tweets using Seesmic.

I'm having no problems with the rest of the stuff- Tethering is awesome, Wifi is terrific, call never drops. Would be grateful if the developer looks into it!

Seems specific to you. Is the ROM stock - no added Apps, no O/C, all system (VMC/CPU) settings all at default?? Full wipe of Cache/Data etc? No Titanium backup used?

Edited by Len Ash

Guest JT_daniel

Oh and can't access the Camera any more.

When I try to open the Camera, it says "Cannot connect to Camera".. I restarted the phone a couple of times to no avail. :)

I'll try reflashing the ROM again..

Guest Len Ash
Oh and can't access the Camera any more.

When I try to open the Camera, it says "Cannot connect to Camera".. I restarted the phone a couple of times to no avail. :)

I'll try reflashing the ROM again..

There are no known problems like this, so it is something you are or are not doing that is screwing up.

FFS don't use a backup for anything... one way street to Sh1tville

Edited by Len Ash

Guest JT_daniel
Seems specific to you. Is the ROM stock - no added Apps, no O/C, all system (VMC/CPU) settings all at default?? Full wipe of Cache/Data etc? No Titanium backup used?

It was the RLS4 latest ROM which has been posted in the first page. I did the full wipe and CPU and VMC settings are at default.

I've installed the following apps-

3g Watchdog

Angry Birds Rio

Astro

Barcodes Scanner

Beautiful Widgets (full)

Bible

Deutsche Zeitungen

German Verbs Pro

Glow Hockey

gStrings

Mango Manga

Mobo Player

Opera Mini

Paint Pro

Power AMP Pro

Seesmic

Tap Tap 4

Watchdog Lite

Wifi Analyzer

YooNinja Free

Swype

Launcher Pro

And I just installed Titanium Pro a few days back and took a backup of all the apps which I have installed. Is that the problem?

Guest Len Ash
Sorry Lance, just saw your post. I'll try removing Titanium backup then.

Start with a clean install, no backups, and test anything that appeared to FC or malfunction, then add Apps back in until you find the culprit. You seem to have a lot of adds....!

Guest JT_daniel

Alright, I'll do as you instructed and will report back.

And since I'm a bit new to Android, I've been installing apps like crazy. So installing many apps is not advisable, is it?

Guest mario85

The ZTE smart dialer seems to be doing some background downloading (reported by RadioOpt traffic monitor widget). It's actually a considerable amount of data (~1MB/hour). I am not sure if it does it constantly. Does anyone know why would a dialer need to download stuff? :-p

Guest JT_daniel

Lance, did a clean install, camera's running perfectly. Then I installed Barcode Scanner from the market and poof! There goes my camera. The app freezes, then on quitting the camera doesn't start anymore.

This was just after the clean install. :)

PS: Just noticed. After reinstalling (again!), I started the camera and it got on. But when I tried to take a Picture and it just hung up. Help!

Edited by JT_daniel

Guest dwl99

Sorry for not wading through all 73 pages of this thread - can anyone tell me how Swedish Spring RLS4 compares to Cyanogenmod 7 in terms of day-to-day usability & known bugs?

Thanks

Guest JT_daniel

OKay after nearly three hours of fiddling around, I found this- The Camera hangs up when it is in Auto focus mode, but takes pictures perfectly with Auto Focus off. ?

I'll flash JJ9 (I have a backup I took in clockwork last month) and check if it works in that ROM.

Guest JT_daniel

Camera's working on JJ9, but again only with Auto Focus off. If its on, it hangs up even in JJ9. What could be the problem? It worked fine a few weeks ago!

Could it be a Hardware problem??

Guest kokotron

@dwl99

It's much more stable than CM7 as far as I am concerned. It also feels smoother (menus are faster etc.), it has FM Radio (CM7 doesn't support it), I also had no problems with the camera (but I did have with CM7!). There have been some freezes, but they are rare. Oh, and it supports some kind of encoding that CM7 doesn't (for example, some special symbols used by users on twitter and other applications.). Oh and I almost forgot, you get both USB tethering AND Wi-fi access point mode support, while in CM7 you only get Wi-fi now.

Guest dwl99
@dwl99

It's much more stable than CM7 as far as I am concerned. It also feels smoother (menus are faster etc.), it has FM Radio (CM7 doesn't support it), I also had no problems with the camera (but I did have with CM7!). There have been some freezes, but they are rare. Oh, and it supports some kind of encoding that CM7 doesn't (for example, some special symbols used by users on twitter and other applications.). Oh and I almost forgot, you get both USB tethering AND Wi-fi access point mode support, while in CM7 you only get Wi-fi now.

Cheers!

Guest bram.de.klerk
Camera's working on JJ9, but again only with Auto Focus off. If its on, it hangs up even in JJ9. What could be the problem? It worked fine a few weeks ago!

Could it be a Hardware problem??

autofocus is working like a charm here on rls4b

Guest yeawhatever

Just updated to Gen 2 and put on this rom (CM7 was getting worse in terms of stability as nightly builds went on...was great about 30 but will wait till its bit more stable till I switch back)

Anyone noticed that the bars showing signal dont seem to ever show much?

mine is showing 1 bar maz, but I have "H" showing. ran spead tests and my upload/download is fine (though tests varied quite a lot)...My signal strength is -101 dBm 6asu

Also does anyone know of a mod that could provide the pull down notification area with quick access to power settings (wifi/gps/bluetooth) that you get as standard in gingerbread?

Guest markiemannie

Great ROM so far, but one thing. Is it just me or does it keep losing it's data connection? Pretty annoying when using Whatsapp, especially because it shows that a connection is there (2g notification icon showing) but when going to browser I get the 'Page not found' error.

Didn't have this problem with JJ9, could it just be the updated RIL libs?

Carrier: T-Mobile NL, Gen1 Blade (TFT)

Edited by markiemannie

Guest tcpaulh
Great ROM so far, but one thing. Is it just me or does it keep losing it's data connection? Pretty annoying when using Whatsapp, especially because it shows that a connection is there (2g notification icon showing) but when going to browser I get the 'Page not found' error.

Didn't have this problem with JJ9, could it just be the updated RIL libs?

Carrier: T-Mobile NL, Gen1 Blade (TFT)

Yeah, asterisks in all APN fields. Not sure what's causing it. Tried resetting to defaults + the new kernel boot img for a laugh. Didnt help.

APN Backup and Restore might be a usable workaround. Depends how often it gets munged.

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest alphadude

thanks i have installed it and its very smooth can you please add more option in setting like cynogenmod has in there settings and i cant setup email when i enter all details at the end it says cannot connect to server but net is working fine and youtube iswell.

Guest forney27
Sorry for not wading through all 73 pages of this thread - can anyone tell me how Swedish Spring RLS4 compares to Cyanogenmod 7 in terms of day-to-day usability & known bugs?

Thanks

Its miles better, Ive just reverted to SS from CM7 this weekend. CM7 is def not stable and with the move to GEN 2 and no stable CM7 on GEN 1 Ive given up.

I have had no issues with SS, battery life is excellent after calibration too.. Installed launcher pro and its smooth.

I use Iheartradio and for some reason it only worked on CM7 and thought it was only for 2.3 but it does work on 2.2 with SS.

Another issue I had with CM7 is the BT didnt work correctly in my car, now with SS it connects everytime.

When I played Angry Birds, I only had a VERY minor lag.

Guest forney27
thanks i have installed it and its very smooth can you please add more option in setting like cynogenmod has in there settings and i cant setup email when i enter all details at the end it says cannot connect to server but net is working fine and youtube iswell.

What are the extra settings your wanting? to be honest, I wouldnt look a gift horse in the mouth. as you can find all the extras in the market if you search hard enough.

If your setting up hotmail, there are issues getting it set up, but this isnt a SS issue. Best thing to do it link them to you gmail account an use that.

Edited by forney27