Chocolate kernel for Acer based Rom (All hardwares working XD)

Guest rithchen

Guest gnufabio
Looks like everything works now. BUT! Now I can't DISABLE haptic feedback! That's very annoying... Any tips on that?

Have you tried with LS app?

Guest rithchen
Looks like everything works now. BUT! Now I can't DISABLE haptic feedback! That's very annoying... Any tips on that?

Oops, i didn't test it, the fix is uploaded.

Thanks for your report.

Guest rithchen
And that's very nice.. I'm going to test if sygic aurora now works, it had serious opengl problems with acer's adreno driver. Choco kernel should have an updated driver, and using it on cm7 or miui makes sygic working.

packed new boot.img with deploy option 2 instead of 1 and it worked.

So you are saying that you are not using liquidmkbootimg, have you written another one?

May I release the repacked kernel with fear_4.008.08 ramdisk (changes are init.d support and malez's app2sd)? It should work well also under t&l, as our roms are very similar..

I use mkbootimg with following command "mkbootimg --kernel $ARGV[0] --ramdisk ramdisk-repack.cpio.gz --base 0x20000000 --pagesize 4096 --cmdline console=null -o $ARGV[2]"

You can repack and share with others, and if you metion the source is from here.

I'll appreciate it :)

Guest fear_factory84
I use mkbootimg with following command "mkbootimg --kernel $ARGV[0] --ramdisk ramdisk-repack.cpio.gz --base 0x20000000 --pagesize 4096 --cmdline console=null -o $ARGV[2]"

You can repack and share with others, and if you metion the source is from here.

I'll appreciate it :)

Of course all credits are up to you.. mkbootimg is the one provided with cyanogenmod?

I would ask you if the gl driver is the same as thepasto/koud/roggin chocolate kernel or not (regarding to sygic aura issue). Perhaps maybe a library problem, I've read on the net that libgsl.so could cause errors like that.......... any thoughts?

Guest rithchen
Of course all credits are up to you.. mkbootimg is the one provided with cyanogenmod?

I would ask you if the gl driver is the same as thepasto/koud/roggin chocolate kernel or not (regarding to sygic aura issue). Perhaps maybe a library problem, I've read on the net that libgsl.so could cause errors like that.......... any thoughts?

You can try cyanogenmod's mkbootimg, cause i forget where i got it XD

(If you can't find a good one, i can upload it :))

Yes, I didn't modify gl driver.

And you metion the point, maybe you can change the gl library to see if it works :)

Guest Alvan Yap
You can try cyanogenmod's mkbootimg, cause i forget where i got it XD

(If you can't find a good one, i can upload it :))

Yes, I didn't modify gl driver.

And you metion the point, maybe you can change the gl library to see if it works :)

hi rithchen i get loop boot also on T&L rom

Guest McLoy2008
Hi, with this new kernel I can't mount sd over usb. Can you help me?

Thanks

Ok, today I tried with another pc and it work. So maybe it is a driver problem. When I'll be back home I'll try to reinstall the driver and see if it works.

Guest fear_factory84
Seems to me that the battery drain is still to fast, comparing to the original T&L kernel.

:)

Am I the only exception?

Battery usage seems good for me, post your battery usage statistics. Do you have prox sensor enabled?

Ok, today I tried with another pc and it work. So maybe it is a driver problem. When I'll be back home I'll try to reinstall the driver and see if it works.

With linux at least it works flawlessy, I can transfer files.. also with app2ext enabled.

Guest JF-Gino ld
hi rithchen i get loop boot also on T&L rom

Hmm, I also get a bootloop on T&L Gingerbread.14 .....

Apps2sd maybe? - should i repack this?

Edited by JF-Gino ld

Guest Alvan Yap

dunno? i flashed another chocolote is ok so far just headphone is not working :)

Guest Alexzandro

Hello I installed it yesterday on E model with 4.002.14, used SETCPU, set at 883mhz, partition my 16GB as 96, 512, other FAT, transferred apps with titanium , freed about 20gb space, BT and hphones work. All ooookkkkkkk.

Regards

post-721575-1302813128_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alexzandro

Guest rithchen

I don't use Apps2sd, and fear_factory84 already repack one for his rom.

Maybe you can try it :)

Guest Peshkoff

Hello, rithchen! I have problem with smartass governor. I'm on 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT and after pnone off, suspend eat all CPU, so battery drain very fast =( I use setcpu and CPU speed is 920Mhz

Have you tried with LS app?

Why should I try LS app if there's an option in Android settings? And LS setting is forgotten on reboot.

Oops, i didn't test it, the fix is uploaded.

Thanks for your report.

Thank you! Will flash on weekend.

Hello, rithchen! I have problem with smartass governor. I'm on 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT and after pnone off, suspend eat all CPU, so battery drain very fast =( I use setcpu and CPU speed is 920Mhz

Don't use 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT.

And now - THE ISSUES.

Everything applies to T&L Gingerbread.14 with Kernel flashed on top.

1. Don't use Apps2SD - it will boot-loop you. Use Link2SD instead.

2. Forever booting. This is a nasty bug. Because your device is up and running, but boot animation still there. Quick fix: when you feel that the device should be up and running just press power button to turn off the screen, press again to turn on. If boot animation is still there, then unlock screen (yes, yes, just slide your finger where the slider should be. It's there even though behind the animation) and turn off/on screen again.

3. Sometimes Liquid won't wake up properly: the screen will be black and keys will be disabled. Yet you will be able to see UI under sun light and interact with it. Reboot is your only saviour. Hold power button, tap Shutdown, tap OK. Use sunlight or powerfull light source to see UI.