Chocolate kernel for Acer based Rom (All hardwares working XD)

Guest rithchen

Guest rithchen

Hello everyone,

I spend some time to migrate acer's kernel with chocolate kernel.

And this kernel is fully compatiable with acer based rom.

All hardwares are working, hope you like it :)

News Updated!!!

The final fix for voice input problem. (tested with google voice search & skype)

And this kernel use gnufabio's kernel tree, i change the vibrator and usb driver from acer's kernel.

How to install

Use malez recovery, flash zip without sign check.

Q&A

1. What' new in this kernel?

This kernel is based on chocolate, so all the features in chocolate are avaliable.

(OC, ramswap, MT fix, CPU government enhance, etc..)

Plus, I migrate the acer's kernel source to make all hardwares and functions behavior just like the acer's stock kernel :)

(Wireless & Usb tethering, all sensors, etc..)

chocolate_fix3.zip

I spent lots of effort to make this kernel better!

If you think this kernel helps you, you can buy me a drink

paypal rithchen

Edited by rithchen

Guest gnufabio

@rithchen: why did you remove the tutorial? Now there is only a link to download, this afternoon there was a tutorial to compile the acer kernel :)

Guest gnufabio
It's still there, just another topic and another kernel http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-kernel-source/

this is the chocolate kernel!

Sorry, didn't notice that post xD

Hhowever this kernel is a vanilla kernel. A vanilla kernel is a kernel without any patch, "Chocolate" is only a "nickname", but in this tutorial the kernel compiled is "vanilla" because it's not patched .-.

We could call it "Chonilla" kernel lol

Vanilla chocolate :)
Edited by gnufabio

I've tried your kernel on top T&L - does not work properly. My Home button does not work anymore, data connection does not work, some other stuff. May be I did something wrong?

Guest fear_factory84

Hi ritchen,

I'm trying to repack your boot.img with an app2sd enabled ramdisk (the one I use on fear_4.008.08_EMEA.VFIT) but I am not able to create a bootable image.

Could you please give me the options you use on liquidmkbootimg? deploy 1 or deploy 2?

I use koudelka perl script to repack boot.img and that's the liquidbootimg commad it uses:

liquidmkbootimg --deploy 1 --cmdline 'no_console_suspend=1 console=null' --kernel kernelfile --ramdisk ramdisk-repack.cpio.gz -o outfile

I cannot boot neither a boot.img made using your kernel and your ramdisk unmodified :)

Any hint?

Would you like to create a public code repository for your kernel like koudelka's one?

Thanks

Guest gnufabio
Hi ritchen,

I'm trying to repack your boot.img with an app2sd enabled ramdisk (the one I use on fear_4.008.08_EMEA.VFIT) but I am not able to create a bootable image.

Could you please give me the options you use on liquidmkbootimg? deploy 1 or deploy 2?

I use koudelka perl script to repack boot.img and that's the liquidbootimg commad it uses:

liquidmkbootimg --deploy 1 --cmdline 'no_console_suspend=1 console=null' --kernel kernelfile --ramdisk ramdisk-repack.cpio.gz -o outfile

I cannot boot neither a boot.img made using your kernel and your ramdisk unmodified :)

Any hint?

Would you like to create a public code repository for your kernel like koudelka's one?

Thanks

We don't know how to know which deploy number use...you should pack it with all the deploy number and find the correct one. You could use my script to make the compilation easier:

https://github.com/gnufabio/stuff/blob/mast...il/mkliquidboot

Guest rithchen
Sorry, didn't notice that post xD

Hhowever this kernel is a vanilla kernel. A vanilla kernel is a kernel without any patch, "Chocolate" is only a "nickname", but in this tutorial the kernel compiled is "vanilla" because it's not patched .-.

We could call it "Chonilla" kernel lol

Sorry, maybe you misunderstanding what is chocolate kernel.

This kernel was created by roggin, and add lots of patchs and new features with thepasto (Thanks for our devs :))

And it's not based on acer's rom, so you can't get proper usb tether and must check wifi tether twice to make it work and sensor not working proper.

I just migrate it with acer's kernel base to make it fully working with acer based rom,

So, you can get the performance speed up and have all functions working :)

Guest rithchen
Hi ritchen,

Any hint?

Thanks

I will download it and check if the file is corrupt when i upload it,

And it seems all fine.

About pack ramdisk with kernel, I use another mkbootimg :)

I'll upload it later.

Finally, I'm not sure if i patch chocolate kernel source tree will cause other rom's functions fail or something.

Cause the board-qsd8x50.c is different.

Edited by rithchen

Guest gnufabio

This kernel was created by roggin, and add lots of patchs and new features with thepasto (Thanks for our devs :))

And it's not based on acer's rom, so you can't get proper usb tether and must check wifi tether twice to make it work and sensor not working proper.

I just migrate it with acer's kernel base to make it fully working with acer based rom,

Ops, i didn't noticed you was using the roggin one, i thought you had re-ported the Chocolat kernel from code aurora without patches, sorry :)

Guest rithchen
I've tried your kernel on top T&L - does not work properly. My Home button does not work anymore, data connection does not work, some other stuff. May be I did something wrong?

It's no problem for me, maye reflash it again?

Guest fear_factory84

And that's very nice.. I'm going to test if sygic aurora now works, it had serious opengl problems with acer's adreno driver. Choco kernel should have an updated driver, and using it on cm7 or miui makes sygic working.

I will download it and check if the file is corrupt when i upload it,

And it seems all fine.

About pack ramdisk with kernel, I use another mkbootimg :)

I'll upload it later.

Finally, I'm not sure if i patch chocolate kernel source tree will cause other rom's functions fail or something.

Cause the board-qsd8x50.c is different.

packed new boot.img with deploy option 2 instead of 1 and it worked.

So you are saying that you are not using liquidmkbootimg, have you written another one?

May I release the repacked kernel with fear_4.008.08 ramdisk (changes are init.d support and malez's app2sd)? It should work well also under t&l, as our roms are very similar..

It's no problem for me, maye reflash it again?

Looks like everything works now. BUT! Now I can't DISABLE haptic feedback! That's very annoying... Any tips on that?

Guest fear_factory84
Just use Link2SD - works on every kernel.

or perhaps wait me.. I'm testing a boot.img repacked with malez's app2sd script support....

Guest fear_factory84

no luck with sygic aura..

E/qsd8k.gralloc( 1952): invalid gralloc handle (at 0x36b0c0)

E/Adreno200-EGL( 1952): eglLockWindowSurface 456: unlock failed

E/Adreno200-EGL( 1952): eglLockWindowSurface: failed to map the memory for fd=41 offs=3

Wow! Chocolate is definitely has 3D improvements! Now Cordy game is playable! Thanks, Ritchen!