12 Sep Hr9: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer with Online Kitchen (Android 3.2)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dredge999

The new FOTA has some help for battery drain issues while docked, etc. That would help tremendously as the dock is losing about 5-10% or more per hour when coupled to the tab.

This should be a lot less, i.e. 1-2% per hour for the dock only until the battery is expired and then we go to 1-2%/hr for the tab itself.

I cannot get through a day of dock/tab together in standby all day without the dock going red even on a fully charged dock. I wish this thing had days/weeks of standby time but at this point it doesn't.

Rick

Guest dagrim1

Very nice rom indeed, but just wondering about returning to stock (and moving on from there again :P ).

I have a UK transformer, originally with WW code I understand but after flashing this rom it's US. Now I read in this thread (post 164 and 165) that it would be possible to use the official asus WW rom to revert back to the WW stock rom? While on the ASUS site it mentions you can only flash a matching product code (US->US and WW->WW).

Which one is correct? Can I simply apply the Asus update instructions (put the asus folder from the rom .zip file on the root of sd card, etc) in combination with the WW rom to get the WW product code and stock rom back?

Cheers...

Guest zayzay1

hello new to the forum,,, ty for putting in the effort for a custom rom,, has anyone beenable to download the rom in thelast couple of days, tried several times but always get download unsucsesfull is the link down?

Guest Vadimus
hello new to the forum,,, ty for putting in the effort for a custom rom,, has anyone beenable to download the rom in thelast couple of days, tried several times but always get download unsucsesfull is the link down?

No luck downloading using Chrome or Android Browser. Only IE helped me.

Guest Johnrg

What do I need to do to get the UK keyboard to map correctly?

I've found the files on the device that control what character each key represents, but I'm hoping I don't have to manually edit them all!

Guest Paul

Hr6 online! :P

Kitchen up now, prebakes to follow!

P

Changelog

26 May Hr6

• MoDaCo Custom Kernel r1 - patched to the latest release with performance tweaks and TUN / CIFS modules

Guest excalibr23
Hr6 online! :P

Kitchen up now, prebakes to follow!

P

Changelog

26 May Hr6

• MoDaCo Custom Kernel r1 - patched to the latest release with performance tweaks and TUN / CIFS modules

Does this edit the updates with Android 3.1 or is it still better than 3.1? I just got my transformer and want to get some optimizations on it. Thanks for all this work Paul!

Edit: Sorry just realized that 3.1 isn't even out yet. Does clockwork still needed to be installed for this to work? Does the device need to be rooted?

Edit 2: Got my device Rooted and got this installed on it. How is the ROM different from Netformer? Can I still Overclock with your ROM?

Edit 3: Was able to do both, by installing your ROM first and then installing the kernal over it. Coolness. 3585 in Quadrant.

Edited by excalibr23

Guest blondejon
Anyone able to use kitchen on the eeepad? I get file about 70kb on stock browser and it won't download on dolphin

The only way I could download directly on the Transformer was to use Opera mobile.

Guest blondejon

Did various Rom configurations and was really surprised that Titanium backup took the room from 210mb to over 500mb!!

Guest 1nf3rn0

@Paul

Just flashed the hr6 but i have some problems with com.android.vending which happen each time

i try to access my applications within the market application...

Any ideas?

Guest cas3

Flashed yesterday (hr5, upgrading from hr4) and now my browser crashes all the time, it used to be quite infrequent. Anyone else have this issue/know of a fix? I tried wiping the cache but doesn't seem to have had an effect :P

I wasn't supposed to wipe before flashing it was I?

Guest 1nf3rn0
Flashed yesterday (hr5, upgrading from hr4) and now my browser crashes all the time, it used to be quite infrequent. Anyone else have this issue/know of a fix? I tried wiping the cache but doesn't seem to have had an effect :P

I wasn't supposed to wipe before flashing it was I?

Sometimes crashes to me too, but i think is realted to the number of open tabs

Guest DonVincenzo
just noticed half my function keys now dont work and the keyboard seems to have switched to USA despite the settings telling me it the ASUS UK keyboard :S

I'm having the same problem with the function keys (which makes typing a bit tricky as you can't disable the trackpad!)

Anyone else have this / found a solution?

Currently running HR5 with the dock firmware updated post root/MCR ROM.

Guest blondejon
I'm having the same problem with the function keys (which makes typing a bit tricky as you can't disable the trackpad!)

Anyone else have this / found a solution?

Currently running HR5 with the dock firmware updated post root/MCR ROM.

I restored my previous hr5 backup and function keys returned. Since updated to hr6 and issue has not returned

EDIT tell a lie, the function keys have stopped working, @Paul, any ideas?

Edited by blondejon

Guest dagrim1
Paul: Guess you've seen the 3.1 leak already?

Anyone tried 3.1 and have noticed any significant changes?

Youtube HQ now plays very well... Wasn't able to properly play it on 3.0.

Also seems to be an overlay on hdmi out or something. When playing a video in the youtube app it plays the video fullscreen while in the app it's not fullscreen (you don't actually see the video in the app btw, it's black... but it IS playing on the tv). Don't think it worked like that on 3.0...

Guest Flumpster
Hr7 (UK 3.1) up this morning. :D

P

This was posted over on xda if you are making a new version.

Don't know if the one from last version can be merged or if its relevant.

" Hey stuntdouble, i dont know if you want to change or add this to the page but the wifi driver is actually downgraded and so is the kernel, if they where upgrade i would assume Asus would have used higher version numbers

3.01 Kernel 2.6.36.3-0004 3.1 Kernel 2.6.36.3-0001

3.01 Wifi V5.248.35 3.1 Wifi V5.1.42"