android and linux swap

Guest ritchietos

Guest ritchietos

the swap would be used by the OS to offload in-active applications from the RAM to the swap when the RAM gets full.

This way when you want to go back to the offloaded application it does not need to be re-run from scratch (loads a little faster)

( from superuser link http://superuser.com/questions/214315/you-...machine-but-wh)

correct me if iam wrong bud you will have more free ram to .

i know neopeek uses swap for the android ports i have a htc topaz to and there u need at last 250 mb swap

i try this out when iam home

the beta is on my storage my partion will be fat32(6gb) ext4(1,750 gb ) linux-swap (256 mb)

u can use a swap partition on sd to dont use a slower one than class 6 !

Edited by ritchietos

Guest l3ong91
the swap would be used by the OS to offload in-active applications from the RAM to the swap when the RAM gets full.

This way when you want to go back to the offloaded application it does not need to be re-run from scratch (loads a little faster)

( from superuser link http://superuser.com/questions/214315/you-...machine-but-wh)

correct me if iam wrong bud you will have more free ram to .

i know neopeek uses swap for the android ports i have a htc topaz to and there u need at last 250 mb swap

i try this out when iam home

the beta is on my storage my partion will be fat32(6gb) ext4(1,750 gb ) linux-swap (256 mb)

u can use a swap partition on sd to dont use a slower one than class 6 !

I don't get it, what are you trying to tell over this post?

Guest avantgarde280
I don't get it, what are you trying to tell over this post?

he's already give a link..why dont you read it..

weird..

you are from xda's right?