HELP HELP!

Guest Toonday

Guest pkmsigns
Hi,

With the power off on the vega, insert your memory stick in to the usb slot. Then, whilst powering up the vega, hold down the 'back' button (the one on the right of the power button). Keep this held as the vega boots to the splash screen (you should see some activity on the sticks LED).

You can access the stick through a file explorer (ifilemanager etc.) and it is listed as usbdisk.

Hope this is of some help!

Phill

Edit: if you add the USB Host Mode indicator Widget from Corvus5 to the home screen, then you'll be able to see what usb mode you're in. Needs to be host and not slave

thanx Phill....I'm getting there slowly....will try this tonite cheers

Guest Dave Marchant
thanx Phill....I'm getting there slowly....will try this tonite cheers

Also, to be safe, do not remove the USB Stick without powering the Vega off (not standby, go for a full turn off).

Guest pkmsigns
Also, to be safe, do not remove the USB Stick without powering the Vega off (not standby, go for a full turn off).

cheers Dave

Guest flip.c

Good point as there is no option to safely remove hardware. I forgot to add that!

Guest simonta

No need. Grab a terminal emulator and Gscript from the market. In TE, run mount and note the path to your USB drive. In GScript, create a script with one line:

umount /<path to USB>

On your dekstop, create a shortcut to GScript and select the script you created. You now have a nice shortcut to unmount without powering off.