[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest unicodes

Hello,

I have installed Cm6beta1 its great view and faster,

but my phone radio is always OFF.

I was follow README file like

"If phone is not working for You (it's missing WCDMA 1900 frequency), just use standard JJ1 image. To do this rename cm_update_wm.sh script to cm_o2_update.sh re-run android and after update reboot. (cm_update_i65.sh script is to back to standard beta phone image)"

but its not take effect for me,

please help me.............

who can explain to me, pleaseee

i have read page 151 until end, nothing have same problem with me

Edited by unicodes

Guest voyteckst

will you please ,have a look at :

plus tool for cm rom,as i run it on my i8000,it says that it has been overclocked to 1000MHz for erer,is it really can?

There is no kernel support for that so I don't think it's true ;-)

Guest shoarmabakpao

Just got the message 'Sorry! Activity LauncherPro has stopped working' (I selected wait afterwards)

It happens after I unlock my phone, inmediately switch wifi off (via notification bar) and then launch the appdrawer. Then it just freezes and laggs like madsauce. Give it a while to settle in and press wait and then it will work just as smooth as an powerfull android device.

Mabey this is an bug or I am just too quick (mabey because it feels soo quick) or it is because of my SD card.

Guest shockwavenl

Try to manual install to My Storage, Haret started and stop with screen ANDROID START ON OMNIA II, LOADING......

what is wrong???

same hereohmy.gif

EDIT: nvm i think its working now:D

read a few posts back of me, there i explained it..

i made a mistake.. i thought i putted the good mmcblkxpx in but i didnt :D

Edited by shockwavenl

Guest jingang

1. There is no kernel support for that so I don't think it's true ;-)

thanks,mr voyteckst,i think it is the same speed as beta3 (i delete all google apps,ram is 60m),any better performance on cm6 ?

hope I'm not bringing this solution too late

for fellow Chinese, it seems the reason of no Chinese support is the lacking of proper fonts (indeed u can see there're a few blank option at last, if you rem from B3, those should be the Asian fonts)

so simply u can google around for any Chinese fonts you like (attached is the one I prev. d/l from mobile01), and replace the

droidsans.ttf

droidsansfallback.ttf

in /system/fonts

and then u can switch to chinese (Trad. / Simp.) immediately

Galaxy_S_+font.zip

Edited by Job21

Have You read first post? Camera driver is in development.

Besides - if it worked on b3 it should work now, because in this matter nothing changed.

And according to stability - You even haven't mentioned why it is not stable, because I think that CM is the best version of android for Omnia 2 ever.

I was never able to use the camera since the beta2 version, (on beta1, my camera can be run) I was confused and didnt know what causes it. mellow.gif

I agree with you that the beta 3 version is best but sometimes my phone not responding/freeze/lag. Sorry for my previous words might be wrong, I'm still deeply thankful for your hard efforts dev. smile.gif

Guest voyteckst

[*]

thanks,mr voyteckst,i think it is the same speed as beta3 (i delete all google apps,ram is 60m),any better performance on cm6 ?

For us CM6 has much better performance than froyo beta 1/2/3.

same hereohmy.gif

EDIT: nvm i think its working now:D

read a few posts back of me, there i explained it..

i made a mistake.. i thought i putted the good mmcblkxpx in but i didnt :D

Now work Ok with new format ext4 on My Storage and new untar ext4.tar.gz to this partition. I think that was same error with process untar before ( I have same problem sometime before with froyo betas).

Very fast and cool new beta.

Thank you Dev. Team.

Guest haymant

to replace droisansfallback.ttf is enough

maybe safer?

hope I'm not bringing this solution too late

for fellow Chinese, it seems the only issue of no Chinese support is the lacking of proper fonts

so simply u can google around for any Chinese fonts you like (attached is the one I prev. d/l from mobile01), and replace the

droidsans.ttf

droidsansfallback.ttf

in /system/fonts

and then u can switch to chinese (Trad. / Simp.) immediately

to replace droisansfallback.ttf is enough

maybe safer?

YES

it is enough for me

Sure, at your choice

but I found the droidsans of mine is of bigger size, so maybe more fonts/ symbol support?

BTW, not sure if ppl found the issue of missing no. on the "qwerty" row of the original keyboard

try switch it to English (UK or US) and it should be done

probably the default keyboard was of German (?)

Guest torneo2

To Voyteck:

The new CyanogenMod for Omnia2 is great. Is it possible to have those changes done:

1. Support for App2SD - it's needed by many applications

2. Bugfix - headphones

3. WIFI - authorisation WPA2

Best regards

Guest infernoMP

Someone with non original battery could confirm that it charges normally?. Mine has a strange bug, It appears that is charging but after 2 minutes stops starting battery draining :blink:.

It occurs with USB and external charger. However if I put the original battery works fine. Ideas?

Edited by infernoMP

Guest shoarmabakpao

SD card or my storage installation? Mine 490-517 on my storage.

installation on class 4 2GB sd card.

Edited by shoarmabakpao