[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest bahaa87

Hi,

Thanks very much for your great job.

I have two problems:

1. For Arabic language support, they look very nice in all places except internal memory which appears as "?????".

2. For Caller ID it take about 5 to 6 second and it's very big time.

Do you have any solution??

thank you again

Guest mihai_mihai

To Voyteck:

The new CyanogenMod for Omnia2 is great. Is it possible to have those changes done:

1. Support for App2SD - it's needed by many applications

2. Bugfix - headphones

3. WIFI - authorisation WPA2

Best regards

app2sd is a crappy application use sdk and change instalation path or move them manualy Android-2.2-Install-Android-Apps-to-SD-Card.jpg

this is a guide tested by me and working on most(maibe all) android

http://androidforums...09-02-11-a.html

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest gitanillo87

READ FAQ

sorry,my english is not good but in first page FAQ i don`t see nothing about headphones,if there are a solution,please tell me how can i do...thanks

Guest voyteckst

sorry,my english is not good but in first page FAQ i don`t see nothing about headphones,if there are a solution,please tell me how can i do...thanks

Sorry, but poor english isn't explanation. Here is quote from SECOND post:

"Bug3: There is a bug with 3,5mm jack input detection - it will be fixed. "

Guest rom_omnia2

Have this release a different dpi size? Button Savior app still with small (really small) buttons.

Ps: I'll update this post with a screen shot.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest voyteckst

Have this release a different dpi size? Button Savior app still with small (really small) buttons.

Ps: I'll update this post with a screen shot.

240dpi as for all 800x480 phones.

BTW. Just testing incomming call fix ;-)

Edited by voyteckst

Guest erikcas

No it isn't same. Ask erikcas on B7610 android forum for proper modem.bin (from Spica probably).

Going to work on it now. Is phone image loading old or new style?

(will find out offcourse, but if the answer is here before I have to recompile, I would be delighted ;-))

Edited by erikcas

Guest voyteckst

Going to work on it now. Is phone image loading old or new style?

(will find out offcourse, but if the answer is here before I have to recompile, I would be delighted ;-))

You can use both ways as written in readme ;-P

Guest acsel10

Hi all...after one day using my new phone i'm satisfied...all features have a good response. Only one issue i found and is about the usual difficult GPS signal fix.

I ask you how many minutes i have to wait for get the signal, because this morning after 7 minutes the fix wasn't taken.... :( The problem with GPS module persist in this Fantastic beta too or if is only my problem ?

This is only my little problem and i know that if it is solvable you dev team can help me.

Thanks for all at now and in the future.

Guest shoarmabakpao

Too bad I just had my first SOD. 2 hours and 30 min ago I went downstairs to study. Now that I am back upstairs I wanted to unlock my Omnia 2. It did not unlock! I waited patiently for it to unlock but it didn't. Then I pressed it rappidly and still no unlock. I left it like that for 1 minute and tried to unlock it again. Then waited again but still no luck :( Then connected it to the charger but still no luck.

Ended up by removing the battery :(

Guest alabama20

Voyteckst are we using the same graphic drivers like in beta3? Because some of the games are very slow and in beta3 they were faster + in a few apps the resolution is messed up... THX for the answer

Guest voyteckst

Hi all...after one day using my new phone i'm satisfied...all features have a good response. Only one issue i found and is about the usual difficult GPS signal fix.

I ask you how many minutes i have to wait for get the signal, because this morning after 7 minutes the fix wasn't taken.... :( The problem with GPS module persist in this Fantastic beta too or if is only my problem ?

This is only my little problem and i know that if it is solvable you dev team can help me.

As writtenin first post. First GPS fix will be longer because of Omnia's nv_data.bin. Then next one should be faster. BUT if You are using jj1 phone image, it will be as slo as in WM.

Voyteckst are we using the same graphic drivers like in beta3? Because some of the games are very slow and in beta3 they were faster + in a few apps the resolution is messed up... THX for the answer

Yes, drivers are the same. Tell me sample name of corrupted one (send me PM).

Edited by voyteckst

It's my problem too.

Not even after 1hour I was able to get GPS signal. AGPS works pretty fast.

Guest shoarmabakpao

As writtenin first post. First GPS fix will be longer because of Omnia's nv_data.bin. Then next one should be faster. BUT if You are using jj1 phone image, it will be as slo as in WM.

Yes, drivers are the same. Tell me sample name of corrupted one (send me PM).

Drivers the same? How come the 2D performance has improved this dramatcily? :o It's an 40% increase!

And how come an 600mhz AMRv5 phone hits 3500 points on CPU at quadrant while ours is 800mhz ARMv6 and hits just 1350?

Has this to do with it still being in beta so it doesn't has that update or is it because of Gingerbread since that 600mhz phone is running gingerbread.

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest fran_nic

Great release. Much better than past froyo releases. Cyanogenmod is very useful especially the widgets in the notifications bar and customisations in settings.

I installed on a formatted SD card. Had a few freezes within android after first few boots but now it is alright.

Camera works for me fine.

Receiving calls is reasonable. It rings on the first ring, but takes 2-3 seconds for screen to turn on. Thats not too bad. Prior beta releases only started ringing 3-4 rings in.

Here are some answers to what others have enquired about:

1. To make time visible - go to Settings>SpicagenMod settings>Interface>Status Bar>Clock colour and change it to White

2. To make clock to correct time - install Clocksync

3. To change keyboards, dont use Settings. Go to a text field > long press > input method > choose input method

Problems:

1. Headphones dont work (as mentioned before) - must fix this soon :)

2. Wifi does not connect to WPA2 network. Tries to authenticate but does not connect (tried static IP and no success)

3. Leaving wifi on drains battery very fast

4. Haven't figured out how to get Apps2SD (but i dont really need it)

Still have to check battery life (although standby appears good) and GPS.

My boot time from haret to android lockscreen is 2min and 53 seconds. Nothing to complain about (but past beta's were around 2 minutes).

I am using a WPA2 network and it works fine. (i8000 CM6 manual install on internal storage)

Guest azimainadam

hai all, im new here, im use cynogenmod from dev, and i change file loadmod for searching our country network, now i can use cynogenmod with fully network with 3g symbol popup. very fast beta n nice i just got it from dev :) sorry for bad english.

Guest voyteckst

Drivers the same? How come the 2D performance has improved this dramatcily? :o It's an 40% increase!

And how come an 600mhz AMRv5 phone hits 3500 points on CPU at quadrant while ours is 800mhz ARMv6 and hits just 1350?

Has this to do with it still being in beta so it doesn't has that update or is it because of Gingerbread since that 600mhz phone is running gingerbread.

You haven't read my previous answer, right? Read please.

According to drivers, I was wrong - I forgot that they are changed.

Guest azimainadam

hai all, im just finish install cynogenmod from dev on my internal storage 8GB and my network just ok and got 3G popup on my omnia 2.. i just change some part on cynogen beta 1.. very fast and the best of beta from dev :) im solute all dev

Guest 92omnia92

hi all....

How I use JJ1 phone part? I try to use cm_update_wm rename in cm_o2_update but I haven't any signal, no service.

What I can do?

sorry for my very bad english

Guest shoarmabakpao

Read before posting not true things... It has ARMv6 It's not about MHz speed of CPU, but also specific features of it.

Pleas stop posting in this thread things about Your "little brother's LG GT540". You make people confused.

Sorry for posting alot about that LG GT540. Yes you said I confuse others, well I even managed to confuse myself since it was rev5 and not amrv5 =S

But I just used that as material to compare to and I will not do that again.

Sorry :(

Guest RaymanLE

What a great release! Thank you VERY much!

The native email application seems to be gone in this update, is this right? I liked it in the previous betas, does anyone know where to get it from (apk)?