[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest marisaleh

Installed perfectly, manual to my storage,

I am still testing with it.

One thing I noticed that the time at the top bar is only showing half of it. ie half of it

is hidden, it looks like the theme is sitting on top of it, I changed to black and no difference

Please any ideas on how to make the time show in full.

also how do I see how much RAM it is using

Thanks guys.

I will carry on testing, so far so good

EDIT

I found the answer to the clock on page 160 post #3197

Edited by marisaleh

how to automatic install to intrnal storage :

- create the 3 partition iside internal storage, fat32 , ext4 , swap mark all of them as primary or parted will not see ext4 (minitools partition wizard is fine)

- copy :

ext4.tar.gz

cm_update_i65.sh

cm_update_wm.sh

haret.exe

zImage

iside intrenal sorage fat 32 partition just created

- copy o2beta folder inside SD

- go in o2beta folder

- rename sd_ms.cpio.gz to sd.cpio.gz,

- click installandroid.exe.

- Wait, extracting ~150MB could take time.

- automatitic REBOOT-

- go in internal storageopen startup.txt change root=/dev/block/mmcblk1p2 to root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 (pratically take away block/ you shuld have different values from 1p2 leacve unchanged)

tap haret.exc and cross finger ;)

Guest AoSra1n

Are You kidding? Hidden network is known to not be found (or found without name). You have to add it manually like on PC, because it's SSID isn't broadcasted.

And I can assure You that it does work (I'm just connected to hidden with wpa2).

BTW Update available.

lol yes i know you have to add it manually. I have many devices connected to via wifi (other android devices, playstation, desktops, laptops) and none have a problem. Just when this device connect, it finds it the first time i add it but cant authenticate. After i turn it off and on, it cant find the network (out of range). I formatted my sd card prior to install. So its fresh install. But if you are getting connection on your hidden WPA2, then i do not know what problem is. I will reinstall and try again.

Guest Nelson Neoh

FUNNY thing happen...

Any idea how to unlock the screen?

I have accidentally set the rotary unlock option but removed the "drag down to unlock" option...

Edited by Nelson Neoh

Guest voyteckst

lol yes i know you have to add it manually. I have many devices connected to via wifi (other android devices, playstation, desktops, laptops) and none have a problem. Just when this device connect, it finds it the first time i add it but cant authenticate. After i turn it off and on, it cant find the network (out of range). I formatted my sd card prior to install. So its fresh install. But if you are getting connection on your hidden WPA2, then i do not know what problem is. I will reinstall and try again.

Have You made clean install? First post states clearly that it is a must.

Like I said I can verify this myself. It is quite possible that it is Access Point specific and not easily reproduced. Reinstalling will not help you.

EDIT: Is your AP a Linksys one by any chance?

Other than that I'd also like to report that the memory issues I was experiencing in beta 3 are now gone. The only major issues for me right now are the headphones and app2sd issue. The later has not been aknowledged. I posted logcat of the app2sd issue a couple of pages back.

Edited by Nodens

Guest comeonbaby

FUNNY thing happen...

Any idea how to unlock the screen?

I have accidentally set the rotary unlock option but removed the "drag down to unlock" option...

just drag down the icon

Guest Nelson Neoh

just drag down the icon

I accidentally removed the Drag Down to unlock option... lol

Neither Pressing any key can unlock too...

Now only 2 things can do on the screen:

1. Mute / unMute sound.

2. rotate the rotary...

Edited by Nelson Neoh

Guest AoSra1n

Have You made clean install? First post states clearly that it is a must.

Yes, thats what i meant by fresh install. Formatted 8gb Class 10 Microsd card as primary fat 32. Deleted past beta files on My Storage. Then installed as it says on readme (copied over new files to My Storage, executed androidinstall.exe.... then haret.exe after reboot).

Added WPA2 network. ...Obtaining IP address....Disconnected....Scanning....

After Turning off Wifi and turning on...Scanning (Network - Out of range)

I dont know what's wrong. Tried static IP, but with no success. I'm going to mess around a little more with it to see if i can hopefully fix it.

PS. Its a Netgear WIreless G access point.

EDIT: Read on the Spicagenmod page to restart with wifi on, and it worked!!

Edited by AoSra1n

Guest acsel10

As writtenin first post. First GPS fix will be longer because of Omnia's nv_data.bin. Then next one should be faster. BUT if You are using jj1 phone image, it will be as slo as in WM.

Yes, drivers are the same. Tell me sample name of corrupted one (send me PM).

Hi voyteckst, i have read you first post..... BUT I don't understand if in the beta package that i've installed following the step of the readme, contain the JJ1 standard image, and if the JJ1 is standard image that cause a malfunction or slowly GPS signal fix.

If i have understand right the .sh file cointened in the package is for come back to the original phone image. I didnt applyed the script couse if the original is JJ1 the GPS problem persist, BUT manteinig the phone image of installation package the GPS don't work too...

Sorry, please esplicate me where i'm failing...

Edited by acsel10

just got a A-data UHS 16g card and damn, it's totally different experience from storage installation

but i guess a class 10 is already good enough

by the way, can somebody raise for my ref, what's the swap space under auto install? I manually set it as 256m, maybe it's too much

Guest Nelson Neoh

Well... Maybe I should rephrase my problem:

I accidentally removed the Drag Down to unlock option.

Didn't enable any gestures for unlock.

Didn't setup pressing any key for unlock too...

So, Now only 2 things can do on the screen:

1. Mute / unMute sound.

2. rotate the rotary...

Any files I can hack to remove the lock screen option of CM6?

Guest voyteckst

just got a A-data UHS 16g card and damn, it's totally different experience from storage installation

but i guess a class 10 is already good enough

by the way, can somebody raise for my ref, what's the swap space under auto install? I manually set it as 256m, maybe it's too much

128MB is enough (it's in installer). 256MB is to much.

128MB is enough (it's in installer). 256MB is to much.

noted and thx Voyteckst, so it's the same as for B3

thought because of the new "vmalloc=256m" or other parameter, it has to be increased

Guest Abhiraj4

hi all ...

a new member here :)

basically what i think is porting android to internal storage make data exchange fast and hence it makes android fast....

i have tried every thing to port it on internal mem.... namely -renaming startup and renaming sd.cpio.gz method

-ubuntu method

but failed...

Only 1 thing worked is froyobundle but it sux.....

SO CAN ANY ONE WHO HAVE SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED CM! ON INTERNAL MEMORY PLEASE SHARE DETAILED PROCEDURE AS IT WILL HELP OTHERS ALSO???? PLEASE

i would be greatful to him.

Guest morlock

hi,

first thanks to dev for this release :)

by the way i noticed some bugs with my fresh and clean install of cyanogenmod so far :

1. I have sd card 8 go class 2 but after install only 2.42 go is visible

2. charging via AC adapter go to 95 max but it says full charged

3. Headphone and camera don't work (i know there is fix in progress, it just to say i also have these bugs, camera bug since froyo beta1)

4. Battery indicator when retrurned to wm has a difference minus by 6%. Return to cm and the number is correct (with the number seen in wm)

Edited by morlock

what program do you use for mail (i need one with OWA capabilities)

extract the email app from the old ext4 of beta 3. you will find it in system\app copy it to your sdcard and install it it works fine i tested it

Guest PuCiNhOOO

Is that normal that I just can't find a lot of apps on Market?

And when I open it, sais (in PT_PT) "Não existe conteúdo que corresponda no Android Market" (in EN) "There is no content that matches in Android Market".

What is happening?

Edited by PuCiNhOOO

Guest RaymanLE

extract the email app from the old ext4 of beta 3. you will find it in system\app copy it to your sdcard and install it it works fine i tested it

Could anyone please provide this file as download here? I need it as well :-/ Thanks in advance!

Guest PuCiNhOOO

Could anyone please provide this file as download here? I need it as well :-/ Thanks in advance!

Go to the project page and download the beta 3... It will be all there

Guest antonio junior

Is that normal that I just can't find a lot of apps on Market?

And when I open it, sais (in PT_PT) "Não existe conteúdo que corresponda no Android Market" (in EN) "There is no content that matches in Android Market".

What is happening?

updated its market? if not update. Same thing was happening to me did not show anyapplication, for example, fruit ninja appeared not updated the market and made ​​ready to download and by the way is very fast.

Edited by antonio junior

Guest voyteckst

hi all ...

a new member here :)

basically what i think is porting android to internal storage make data exchange fast and hence it makes android fast....

i have tried every thing to port it on internal mem.... namely -renaming startup and renaming sd.cpio.gz method

-ubuntu method

but failed...

Only 1 thing worked is froyobundle but it sux.....

SO CAN ANY ONE WHO HAVE SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED CM! ON INTERNAL MEMORY PLEASE SHARE DETAILED PROCEDURE AS IT WILL HELP OTHERS ALSO???? PLEASE

i would be greatful to him.

You haven't try enough. Probably You even haven't read first posts or search this thread...