[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

I have a particular problem that I couldn't find any info in this thread or other general Android forums.

I used Froyo beta 1, 2 and 3 and didn't have this problem before. Phone is not displaying text correctly.

I installed twice already (external SD automatic instalation) and updated the kernel once, but same thing happened.

Please look at the pictures and see if you can help me figure out what's wrong.

Thanks!

are u using non-eng lang?

i think in CG1, multi-lang pack is missing

so maybe like the Chinese fonts patch on pg.1, you need to get the right TTF file (of ur pref. lang) and put it under system/fonts with resco explorer(ensure no permission issue)

Edited by Job21

Guest narinari

are u using non-eng lang?

i think in CG1, multi-lang pack is missing

so maybe like the Chinese fonts patch on pg.1, you need to get the right TTF file (of ur pref. lang) and put it under system/fonts with resco explorer(ensure no permission issue)

Thanks for replying so fast.

The phone was bought in Taiwan, but I want to use it in English.

This happens right after the first boot when the installation is done, I didn't even try to change the language.

Should I still try to use the Chinese fonts?

PS: i tried to edit the pictures to make them smaller but it didn't work by resizing in the edit post function.

Thanks for replying so fast.

The phone was bought in Taiwan, but I want to use it in English.

This happens right after the first boot when the installation is done, I didn't even try to change the language.

Should I still try to use the Chinese fonts?

PS: i tried to edit the pictures to make them smaller but it didn't work by resizing in the edit post function.

it doesn't matter where the phone originally comes from, because Samdroid already cover the original WM

all the operation I mentioned above is base on Android, read the guideline of Chinese font patch and try to understand the principle

for the edit, first get it done it in your local PC then re-upload pls

Edited by Job21

Is this what you mean?

Will do that right away, it doesn't feel good to break the format of the forum.

yes, so you may want to find the TTF file of your own taste

thanks for your understanding, esp. there would be ppl reading w/ their o2droid (like me)

Have You try to disable auto-sync?

for my ref, Voyteckst

in your opinion, is the sleep_mode parameter still necessary in build.prop in cg6b1?

and for the line of lcd density, to be more precise, you may set it to 252 (800x480 @ 3.7" display, according to gsmarena database)

Edited by Job21

Guest lzq55555

but have u try "3G on, flight mode off / on" solution? it's not an instant cure, but works

No,the time is not change

New phone has this feature, if the base station not, while it will call the network

Edited by lzq55555

Guest cxz111222

hi dev!

i know dev now are busy in making android ROM of i8000,but there is another phone which has the same hardware with i8000, its' name called t*omina 2.

South Korea's omina 2. it also called m715

before foroy bete 2,m715 can use android rom both i8000's and m715's,but when bete 2 came out,m715 can not boot i8000's android. At this time,Korean have not

updated m715's android rom.

we want to make m715 relieve,so i hope dev can produce a zImage which is based on kernel (2.6.32.9).

i want to ask dev whether this can be turth?

Guest erikcas

hi dev!

i know dev now are busy in making android ROM of i8000,but there is another phone which has the same hardware with i8000, its' name called t*omina 2.

South Korea's omina 2. it also called m715

before foroy bete 2,m715 can use android rom both i8000's and m715's,but when bete 2 came out,m715 can not boot i8000's android. At this time,Korean have not

updated m715's android rom.

we want to make m715 relieve,so i hope dev can produce a zImage which is based on kernel (2.6.32.9).

i want to ask dev whether this can be turth?

Think this has to do with gpio's. With the kernel evolving, we had to adjust more and more gpio-mappings for B7610 to make it work. B7610 has almost identical hardware, but some parts are mounted different so other pins are used.

So if you find correct gpio-mappings, kernel might work for your phones. As the devs are developing for I8000, I think you will have to spend some time finding them.

We did for B7610, it was quite a job but we (at least I am) are very satisfied with the result.

References here and here

Edited by erikcas

Guest Kamote14

how can i use the app2sd update,, should i only put it on MyStorage together with Haret,,,? is that it..? coz that is just what i did, and still app2sd is not working,, that is why i am wondering maybe im not doing the cm_02_app2sd_upate right,, pls help..

Guest voyteckst

for my ref, Voyteckst

in your opinion, is the sleep_mode parameter still necessary in build.prop in cg6b1?

and for the line of lcd density, to be more precise, you may set it to 252 (800x480 @ 3.7" display, according to gsmarena database)

Hmmm I haven't try that, but I hthink 240 is fine - I9000 has also 240. I think it also depends from the screen.

you like this? I hope not to offend no one is taken from the Jet-CyanogenMOD 7.1Beta RC

It is not from Jet, I wrote it before. People from Jet are taking it from Spica. Originally this logo is from CM project.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest erikcas

how can i use the app2sd update,, should i only put it on MyStorage together with Haret,,,? is that it..? coz that is just what i did, and still app2sd is not working,, that is why i am wondering maybe im not doing the cm_02_app2sd_upate right,, pls help..

Did you put the extracted cm_o2_update.sh on your my storage or did you put the zip file on your my storage :blink:

Hmmm I haven't try that, but I hthink 240 is fine - I9000 has also 240. OR maybe it's just a calculation from gsm arena to check what's the best?

... skip ...

sure i think 240 as a general figure and won't be too far (for a display of 800 x 480, it may at least be 3.5"? and at most be 4.3 maybe)

fyi i8000 vs i9000

http://www.gsmarena....e2=3115#results

Edited by Job21

Guest Abhiraj4

theres some prob in manuall installation .

ubuntu is recognising my storage as a whole 2.1 gb unknown volume......it isnt showing its partitions ??????

what d prob

Guest Kamote14

Did you put the extracted cm_o2_update.sh on your my storage or did you put the zip file on your my storage :blink:

thanks for the reply..

i put the extracted cm_02_update.sh on My Storage then i run Haret.. is that all i have to do?

Guest erikcas

thanks for the reply..

i put the extracted cm_02_update.sh on My Storage then i run Haret.. is that all i have to do?

check if it isn't present anymore on your my storage. if it isn't it is updated

Guest erikcas

theres some prob in manuall installation .

ubuntu is recognising my storage as a whole 2.1 gb unknown volume......it isnt showing its partitions ??????

what d prob

That is no problem with manual installation, this is a problem with ubuntu and/or unrecognizable my storage

Repartition and/or google for unrecognized partition.

Guest Abhiraj4

That is no problem with manual installation, this is a problem with ubuntu and/or unrecognizable my storage

Repartition and/or google for unrecognized partition.

ok f9 but what happens is that windows cant format it mini tools says its a bad disk ....... and ubuntu doesnt detect its partitions

so what shiould i do to solve it

Guest erikcas

ok f9 but what happens is that windows cant format it mini tools says its a bad disk ....... and ubuntu doesnt detect its partitions

so what shiould i do to solve it

Use google? Hint: include gparted in the search string

Guest Abhiraj4

Use google? Hint: include gparted in the search string

k i got whats the problem.... theres some prob in my storage everytime i switch it it gets some prob.....ie its partition get deleted.......wht to do now?