[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest ray1234

My phone always shows 100% (F)

but u have to keep an eye on it since it would stop charging and drop to 94~96%

not a big deal... .. at least you won't charge the phone too much

Yes, I take back my earlier complaint as well. The phone does charge to 100%,      and it will stop charging immediately when it reaches 100% - you can actually see that the charging icon on the battery disappears after that. I previously observed in intervals of 5 mins and can't see it go up to 100%, because once it does it stopped charging and goes to 98-99%, I never noted before that the charging icon disappears after that, now I know....

Edited by ray1234

Guest gauravv

ok, i finally managed to fix my broken amoled screen...now, since i want to install cyanogen mod..i would like someone smart to give me some details regarding battery life and well the overall speed on the device...please..

haha...we broke ours screen about same time.....i fixed my few days ago....and happy to hear that you also got it fixed .....so how much did it cost ?

Guest gauravv

Does this mean we will get HDPI version Finally?! :o :rolleyes:

HDPI will bring 16m colors ???? or ??

and one more thing....how to initiate media scan ????

Edited by gauravv

I've been trying to install cyanogen mod beta 1 to my omnia 2 (win.mob. 6.1) for all day but couln't manage to do, so I need your help

I've formatted my SD card from the mobile phone and resetted the my storage. then I copied all contents of cm_beta1.zip to my storage.

I run androidinstall.exe but in the black screen it says "can't mount or find something... " and the phone reboots in 30secs.

How can I overcome this problem ?

I am a beginner in this area and also don't use ubuntu, thefore, can someone please provide me the step-by-step instructions to install android to my omnia 2.

Edited by runoz

Guest ray1234

I've been trying to install cyanogen mod beta 1 to my omnia 2 (win.mob. 6.1) for all day but couln't manage to do, so I need your help

I've formatted my SD card from the mobile phone and resetted the my storage. then I copied all contents of cm_beta1.zip to my storage.

I run androidinstall.exe but in the black screen it says "can't mount or find something... " and the phone reboots in 30secs.

I am a beginner in this area and also don't use ubuntu, thefore, can someone please provide me the step-by-step instructions to install android to my omnia 2.

1) download the program partition wizard (run under windows)

2) insert your sdcard into card reader

3) using partition wizard delete all partitions and create a new fat32 primary partition

After doing the above, it should work. I too tried before and stopped because there was an error in sdcard installation, partition wizard fixed that... formating using the phone will not help.

Thank you very much for your response ray1234

But I don't have an adapter for my mini SD card to read it by my laptop, but maybe I can try somewhere else.

1) download the program partition wizard (run under windows)

2) insert your sdcard into card reader

3) using partition wizard delete all partitions and create a new fat32 primary partition

After doing the above, it should work. I too tried before and stopped because there was an error in sdcard installation, partition wizard fixed that... formating using the phone will not help.

Guest ray1234

Thank you very much for your response ray1234

But I don't have an adapter for my mini SD card to read it by my laptop, but maybe I can try somewhere else.

No need, your phone is a card reader! under WM, set it to read the SD card instead of My Storage, and run Partition Wizard... you can use Partition Wizard to format the card, or even My Storage if you want to

Guest erikcas

For preventing a whole new installation discussion again in this thread:

Start reading at first page, first post, it is all there.

I think for you, the untouched "My Storage" is the problem here according to what I read.

Think you don't have partitionnumbers 5 and 6. Flash wm6.x rom and it will be restored.

(my last reply on this one ;))

Edited by erikcas

Thank you very much erikcas but I read everthing, other websites too

Actually, I didn't find the instructions user-friendly, I think they are generally for experienced users (without so much detail)...

I still get "Can't mount internal flash !!!!" error in black screen even after formatting SD card with" minitool partition wizard"

I think you are right about untouched "My storage"

Could you please guide me about partition numbers you have mentioned in your post.

1)How can I obtain an untouched my Storage.

2)After copying cm_beta1 folder, will it stay untouched ?

Thank you very much for your interest...

P.S: do you mean hard reset by flashing wm6.x ROM

For preventing a whole new installation discussion again in this thread:

Start reading at first page, first post, it is all there.

I think for you, the untouched "My Storage" is the problem here according to what I read.

Think you don't have partitionnumbers 5 and 6. Flash wm6.x rom and it will be restored.

(my last reply on this one ;))

Edited by runoz

I've tried everything hard reset + format SD from minitool partition wizard, I still have the same error

"Mounting dev/block/mmcblk1pl on /sdcard failed No such device"

"Can't mount internal flash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I am about to cry after hours of trying. Someone, could you please help me about automatic install of "cm_beta1.zip"...

Edited by runoz

Guest ray1234

I've tried everything hard reset + format SD from minitool partition wizard, I still have the same error

"Mounting dev/block/mmcblk1pl on /sdcard failed No such device"

"Can't mount internal flash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!"....

ok, if everything failed using the 'official' installer, try the less 'official' one... look at post #3926 at pg197

The installer made by this guy in China is a lot more friendly to file systems, and it's easy to use. Just put the O2auto directory to the location you want Android to be installed and put the install files in the root, run Haret in O2auto and it is done! it will reboot automatically when finish installation and you just run Haret from the root of the location to switch to Android.

Thanks again for your reply ray1234, I've downloaded the o2auto and replaced the original o2beta folder, and followed your instructions

but again the phone restarts in just in 1-2 mins after a warning "unable to open an initial console" ...

the same thing happens when I try to install both from "My storage " or "Storage Card"

I think I am going to stick with WMsad.gif

ok, if everything failed using the 'official' installer, try the less 'official' one... look at post #3926 at pg197

The installer made by this guy in China is a lot more friendly to file systems, and it's easy to use. Just put the O2auto directory to the location you want Android to be installed and put the install files in the root, run Haret in O2auto and it is done! it will reboot automatically when finish installation and you just run Haret from the root of the location to switch to Android.

Edited by runoz

Guest ray1234

Thanks again for your reply ray1234, I've download the o2auto and replaced the original o2beta folder, and followed your instructions

but again the phone restarts in 1min after a warning "unable to open an initial console" or something like that...

I think I am going to stick with WMsad.gif

You mentioned replacing the o2beta folder... where is it? original one should be in the "My Storage" folder, while it will install to SDCard. Now you want to install in SDCard, right? the O2beta should be in SDCard, it should not be replacing the original o2beta folder, which is in "My Storage".

I think I've managed finally :)

I followed these steps and now android is installing for the first time for me:

how to instal

Open minitool and delete all partitions of my storage

Now make 2 new primary partitions (not extended or logical) on my storage

partition 1 name it ''sdcard'' use fat32 and make sure u have 1024 mb left

partition 2 name it ''system'' use ext2 use the 1024 mb thats left

then extract all the files from (froyobundle) to the root of ''sdcard''(the first fat32 partition of my storage)

Safly remove drive and first run haret from the npkinstall folder.

If your phone is rebooted run haret from the root of my storage

And enjoy.

I have 2GB internal memory, I hope it is not a problem because the real size is smaller than 2048mb

Thank you very much for your very helpful responses ray1234,

It is untarring with the official release now, if it fails, I will try with the o2auto again with your new instructions...

You mentioned replacing the o2beta folder... where is it? original one should be in the "My Storage" folder, while it will install to SDCard. Now you want to install in SDCard, right? the O2beta should be in SDCard, it should not be replacing the original o2beta folder, which is in "My Storage".

Guest erikcas

I have opened a topic for installation problems

I will maintain and help where I can in that topic, and only for the methods that can be obtained from the first post.

@ Voyteckst, maybe add to first post and "forbid" installationdiscussions here? Then we (can try to) keep this forum clean.

@ Speedfrog (or other mod), agree?

HDPI will bring 16m colors ???? or ??

and one more thing....how to initiate media scan ????

HDPI Means we will get WVGA (480x800) version of android, and not 320x480(MDPI) which we currently have now. It's because this is the port from Samsung Galaxy Spica, which is 320x480, and our Omnias have bigger resolution. That's one of the main reasons i'm still on WinMo though... If we will get an HDPI, im definitely moving to android!

P.S. I've heard there's an app on android market called LCD*something* which is free. It can set a DPI of your choice on some resolutions, I've seen how it was being tested on Samsnug Galaxy Note, (1280x800 was resized to 1600x*something*) and on SGSII. Dunno if it work on our CM port though....

Guest erikcas

HDPI Means we will get WVGA (480x800) version of android, and not 320x480(MDPI) which we currently have now. It's because this is the port from Samsung Galaxy Spica, which is 320x480, and our Omnias have bigger resolution. That's one of the main reasons i'm still on WinMo though... If we will get an HDPI, im definitely moving to android!

P.S. I've heard there's an app on android market called LCD*something* which is free. It can set a DPI of your choice on some resolutions, I've seen how it was being tested on Samsnug Galaxy Note, (1280x800 was resized to 1600x*something*) and on SGSII. Dunno if it work on our CM port though....

HDPI from SM spica is possible ;)

Guest nikkotsoi

Sorry to bother you.

just a question,, i can capture the screen of our i8000 android

which the file is already 480x800?

So what 's the difference of HDPI ?

Higher performance ? Better Colour ?

Thank you ;)

Sorry to bother you.

just a question,, i can capture the screen of our i8000 android

which the file is already 480x800?

So what 's the difference of HDPI ?

Higher performance ? Better Colour ?

Thank you ;)

Your screen is 480x800 because it's being streched from 320x480. Its not native 480x800