[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest uzziel84

Vakaloka....

Sorry....I can't upload a logcat....as soon as I enter terminal the system restarts,I will try to reset installation and see what happens.

Edited by uzziel84

Guest ray1234

I've got my bluetooth working now! the bluetooth is working in cyanogenmod, just a bit wierd....

To all others who have my bluetooth device scan problem - i.e. you perform a device scan and can't find devices, my solution is :

1) set your i8000 to discoverable, and then use another phone to pair with your i8000, your i8000 will pair (it just won't discover other devices, it can be found and connect if connection is initiated by other devices)

2) without deleting the connected device, start your other devices and do a scan on your i8000, your other devices are found now!

It seems that without any device paired, the scanning won't work. Once you've got your first device paired, then the scanning starts to work. I'm now using my bluetooth A2DP headphones happily.

Guest vakaloka

Vakaloka....

Sorry....I can't upload a logcat....as soon as I enter terminal the system restarts,I will try to reset installation and see what happens.

logcat can be performed though pc, if you had just read the link i attached...

Edited by vakaloka

Guest uzziel84

logcat can be performed though pc, if you had just read the link i attached...

You're right....knowledge is power....although I have almost 6 years experience in linux (I only use this as OS) I have a long way in understanding android.

Thanks for the help.

I backed up contacts and callendar and re-installed the system again.

If anyone with a simillar problem could post the logcat, maybe it would be solved. In the mean time I will try not to brick my new installation.

Guest Tintorera

Yes, it's possible, but before tell me why you cannot access to my storage

Thank you for your answer! Yes, apparently there's some kind of hardware problem with it, my storage disappeared just a few months after i bought it after which samsung fixed it, then the same thing happened again just days after the warranty expired. I've tried various solutions including some to remount the storage with no success =(

Guest vakaloka

Thank you for your answer! Yes, apparently there's some kind of hardware problem with it, my storage disappeared just a few months after i bought it after which samsung fixed it, then the same thing happened again just days after the warranty expired. I've tried various solutions including some to remount the storage with no success =(

Well I suggest plugging the omnia into a linux machine and open gparted to see if you just screwed up with the partitions...

however, you can always follow the installation guide for internal storage, skiping instruction nº3 but the fstab part (do the fstab stuf taking care with the partition numbers)

I say take care with the partition number because it depends on the order you created them.

Guest Nelson Neoh

well i hope no one have posted this problem before, so i won't get bad responses- so this is my problem, i've downloaded a couple of apps from the market, but non of them got installed, and even more, i can't find them anywhere in my phone , not in downloads, not anywhere , can someone give me a hint how to do it properly, 10x in advance.

And is there any sotware, that i ca use to install the apps through the pc, something like the kies, or anything.

Usual problem I faced on App installation problem:

1. Error in Market says "Not enough space for installation"

ANS: Android root size over 2GB. -- resize it to 2GB or less and it could be solved.

2. Installation Failed.

ANS: might be sdcard link problem. -- Try to apply fix1 mentioned in page1 off this topic.

For tools use to install from PC, you need to make sure your device is see able in PC.

Then, use the ADB tool mentioned in page1 (post 2 or 3) herein.

Further, you can pick those apps you want from Android Market, select install and it will then sync to your phone when it get online.

Hope this could help. ;)

Happy New Year.

Guest vakaloka

I can't install updates, ain't I supposed to put the "cm_o2_update.tar.gz" file in my storage directory and just run heart like the earlier version??

why are you supposing you cannot install updates? (you also have to put zImage as said in README.txt

*It's haret not heart

why are you supposing you cannot install updates? (you also have to put zImage as said in README.txt

*It's haret not heart

because I can still see the update file in my storage "this didn't happen with any earlier versions" + the head phones doesn't work unless I restart the phone while they are plugged in, and I did put the zImage

Guest vakaloka

because I can still see the update file in my storage "this didn't happen with any earlier versions" + the head phones doesn't work unless I restart the phone while they are plugged in, and I did put the zImage

are you sure you replaced zImage with the one inside the update file?

that has never happened to me =S

Edited by vakaloka

Guest ray1234

Someone mentioned that flash player can be installed on this version, but I tried numerous versions from v10.2 to v11, and all ended up 'application not installed'. Can someone confirm if flash works on CyanogenMod?

Guest vakaloka

can mr share me with“how to build the kernel and zimage”?if you ‘d like to do it,

As we haven't got the cm6 source we can't compile it, so yo can't build it