[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest harrypotter222

What about if you didn't use those colors? LOL

anyway, to mount my storage as SDCARD, what you could do is edit init.rc this way:

1º As you will probably want to mount your sd in other folder, change this line in init.rc:

export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /mnt/sdcard

With this one:

export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /mnt/sdcard_REAL

2ºChange this line in the same file(init.rc)

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

With this other:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /mnt/sdcard

3º Probably that will do the trick.Save and restart. The internal storage will be mounted to sdcard, and will be recogniced as if it were a sdcard by media players. The original sdcard will be mounted to sdcard_REAL. If you can't get it working, modify the 5 in red with the number of the FAT32 partition.

I use the auto-installer, so the android system partition (ext4) is on my microSD card, mystorage partition is just fat32. The android doesn't recognize any storage card inserted, the mount option is greyed out.

I tried your suggestion and applied the change in init.rc , the /mnt/sdcard did map to my microSD fat32 partition, then mystorage mapping is gone. However, the android system still consider no storage card is inserted and hence music player can't find any media files.

Do I need to make more changes below in init.rc ?

# We chown/chmod /data again so because mount is run as root + defaults

# mount yaffs2 mtd@userdata /data nosuid nodev

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system/sd

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /sdcard

chown system system /mnt/sdcard

chmod 0777 /mnt/sdcard

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

chown system system /storage

chmod 0777 /storage

chown system system /data

chmod 0771 /data

chmod 0666 /dev/log/radio

chmod 0666 /dev/log/main

# Create dump dir and collect dumps.

# Do this before we mount cache so eventually we can use cache for

# storing dumps on platforms which do not have a dedicated dump partition.

Guest vakaloka

Change the location of the red line and put /mnt/sdcard instead of /storage, just like this:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /mnt/sdcard

chown system system /mnt/sdcard

chmod 0777 /mnt/sdcard

chown system system /storage

chmod 0777 /storage

chown system system /data

chmod 0771 /data

chmod 0666 /dev/log/radio

chmod 0666 /dev/log/main

# Create dump dir and collect dumps.

# Do this before we mount cache so eventually we can use cache for

# storing dumps on platforms which do not have a dedicated dump partition.

Then, edit this line:

and change it with(for example);

export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /storage

Then, your sdcard should be mounted in /storage and storage in /sdcard = /mnt/sdcard

Guest harrypotter222

Change the location of the red line and put /mnt/sdcard instead of /storage, just like this:

Then, edit this line:

and change it with(for example);

export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /storage

Then, your sdcard should be mounted in /storage and storage in /sdcard = /mnt/sdcard

Thanks. This change did make mystorage becomes /mnt/sdcard, but still when I launch music, i get "no storage card is inserted" error. SD card & phone storage settings are greyed out, can't dismount or mount.

Guest ASMARTTECHIE

A M A Z I N G _ SPEED!

the new beta is fasttt!

automated installer works great.. no probs with installation at all..

BUT

the phone part is not working? ? data is working fine..everything else is looking fine.. but unable to make/receive calls!

help plz..

any solutions please???

one thing i observed is that when u try to call any number, its says call ended immediately (i.e. no calls possible) .. when I press call button.. the data icon shows transfer.. it happens everytime i try to call.. and it says call ended

hope it provides a clue..

Thnxx!!

Guest marisaleh

any solutions please???

one thing i observed is that when u try to call any number, its says call ended immediately (i.e. no calls possible) .. when I press call button.. the data icon shows transfer.. it happens everytime i try to call.. and it says call ended

hope it provides a clue..

Thnxx!!

I have exactly the same problem mate.

The phone goes dialling and then shortly afterward goes call ended.

I tried the phone in 2G by ticking use only 2G networks in settings

I still have the same problem.

Guest marisaleh

Just ticking it, actually... it's working here...

WHEN you tick it, it keeps of 3g until your connection go silent, at least seems to be that way... when the data flow stops, 2G kicks in...

Done that, it didn't make any difference, same problem mate.

I even put the phone in flight mode, effectively switching

the network off. Turn back on the same problem.

Make a phone call, it goes dialling, shortly afterward, it goes call ended.

I don't know what to do mate.

Auto install brilliant

data connection works fine, browse internet, market

Guest vakaloka

Thanks. This change did make mystorage becomes /mnt/sdcard, but still when I launch music, i get "no storage card is inserted" error. SD card & phone storage settings are greyed out, can't dismount or mount.

On second thoughts you could simply make a symlink, If you wan't to do this, leave init.rc as it was when you installed android, and go to dev tools>terminal, and write:

cd /mnt/sdcard

ln -s /storage

A symbolic link will be created in /mnt/sdcard/storage, that way media applications will look for media in that folder, which is your storage

Did anyone having some delay while receiving call?

For me I gotta wait around 10secs then able to see the screen which allow me to answer the phone.

I can only hear the sound for ringing, then after 10-15 seconds can see the answer/reject button.

Before this no display upon receive incoming call.

It caused me to have some missed call as sometime callers only ring for awhile.

If any of you encountered the same problem, please share too.

Thanks.

I do, same problem here, also I use to have very good signal in beta1, now sometimes I get no signal at all!!! and some times I even have to reinsert my pin, then it re connects with 0 bars.

Guest antonio junior

I have a new installation to Beta 2 in the internal memory, how do I upload the servermodaco? Regarding the wifi bug. Android does not happen in my sleep and wake up the phone connected to wifi normally.

Edited by antonio junior

Guest thanh_nha0706

Almost my problems are solved but there is still one: call only lasts about 5 minutes and then disconnects, thus I have to recall again and again...I don't know why????

Edited by thanh_nha0706

Done that, it didn't make any difference, same problem mate.

I even put the phone in flight mode, effectively switching

the network off. Turn back on the same problem.

Make a phone call, it goes dialling, shortly afterward, it goes call ended.

Uhm, sorry about it... No ideas then... If there was some kind of debug option to run while making a call...

Is there such a thing, devs?

Regards!

Guest harrypotter222

On second thoughts you could simply make a symlink, If you wan't to do this, leave init.rc as it was when you installed android, and go to dev tools>terminal, and write:

cd /mnt/sdcard

ln -s /storage

A symbolic link will be created in /mnt/sdcard/storage, that way media applications will look for media in that folder, which is your storage

Still no good. The sym link works, but the os still thinks there is no sdcard mounted.

I will try install in beta2 mystorage tonight and see

thanks!

Guest marisaleh

How rude you are!

Before dev team released many people keep asking when will it be released, after they released and u are the one who started complaining!

Remember! Treasure whatever you've, dev team are do it for FREE!!!!

If you are so capable, quit using this beta2 or get a native phone yourself!

I am sorry I didn't mean to be rude. Of course dev are doing

a fantastic job. I immagine this is a hobby to them.

What I am really saying is that the end goal of this project

is to have an android phone that anybody anywhere in

the world can use to make and receive voice calls plus

other functions like data etc.

I am sure dev won't view this as being rude, and if they do

please dev accept my apology.

Can somebody confirm that if you start a call its louder than normal, and if you press the volume down and after it the up keys it wont give any sound through the earphones sometimes.

Edited by Yce

Guest vakaloka

Read:

When you sleep your phone while using wifi, it won't work again unless you reboot it. You can fix this (instead of rebooting)if you go to Dev tools>Connectivity>Disable wifi and then Enable it again.

Guest Stefan8000

Uhm, sorry about it... No ideas then... If there was some kind of debug option to run while making a call...

Is there such a thing, devs?

Regards!

No more dead phone problems after more than 5GB for the system settings on my storage I am happy with the new beta2.

regards,

No more dead phone problems after more than 5GB for the system settings on my storage I am happy with the new beta2.

regards,

<br><br><br>do you mean that you haven't any problems cause you made a 5 GB ext4 file system ?<br>if this is true then maybe just maybe the problem isn't with beta it self but the problem lays with mounting the 6GB storage<br>

Edited by jimmad

Hey again, everyone!

So, I have the following "issue"... it's not really an issue, it's more like an annoyance...

I'm on Brazil, here, to make a long distance call you dial 0 + xx + Long Distance Code + telephone #, (xx is the number of your chosen phone company)... Well, I travel a lot, so, all my contacts are saved as 0+41+LDC+phone... The thing is that, on SMS, the phone doesn't recognize the sender! Upon receving a call, no problem, but on SMS, well, no good...

I've already tryied 3rd party contacts managers and SMS managers (GO Contacts, GO SMS), but still no good... looks like something simple to be corrected, does anyone knows how to do it? Voytekst, any clues?

Thanks everyone!

Regards!

Guest antonio junior

tutorial for those who want to install Beta 2 Froyo internal memory.

1. download the program MiniTool Partition Wizard to partition the memory of 8 gigas ina two and one fat32 ext4. The two cousins​​. The partition size of your choice.

2. download this file and put it in internal memory, remember how it was formatted will put the root (the installer. iso modified beta 1) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CIZ11RD4. unzip.

3. go to the folder and click on npkinstall haret.exe will install automatically.

4. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=550989LU download this file. unzip the internal memory and erase or overwritten the files haret.exe, startup.txt, zImage and delete how to installer.

5. the most important thing after that is not to delete the folder npkinstall the first boot afteryou can delete it normally..

6. haret.exe then only click on the root of internal memory and Android enjoy.

this should solve many problems for the installation of Android

thank DVS

Edited by antonio junior

Guest Stefan8000

<br><br><br>do you mean that you haven't any problems cause you made a 5 GB ext4 file system ?<br>if this is true then maybe just maybe the problem isn't with beta it self but the problem lays with mounting the 6GB storage<br>

No I have no more phone problems, after changing the system to a 5GB ext4 file.

Guest calolobo

...... When i enter to Service Mode *#*#*197382640#*#, there is an option to look gsm neigbours. this recognize 6 cell with pairs of data (ex. 130,-76; 647,-81 etc. that i don't understad), for 10 seconds then all disappear, and appears again.

Also in basic information, gsm appear as IDLE , then changes to pcs1900 as IDLE again.

then aparently the phone recognize mobile frequencies but is not allowed to connect.

Is this of any help?

sad.gif

Running again this service mode I notice something, at first minute of Froyo running, there is not gsm neigbours, then signal is lost, after that gsm neigbours appears.

I uploadig two logcats,

First when froyo is running.

second, after trying to make a call, run service mode, loose signal, run service mode again and receiving gsm cell neigbours.

logcatradio_initFroyo.txt

logcatradio_afterCall_GetNeigbour.txt